PC What You Can Do That You Ain't Supposed To Do ...

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by LastTrainToClarksville, Mar 1, 2020.

1. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

The CN Oakville Subdivision DLC includes a methane loading tutorial and a number of services that involve loading -- well, sometimes. What I mean is that in some of these loading services you're just instructed to drive to a loading facility, wait 20 minutes, and then drive back to your point of origin. Get it? that way, the engineer isn't also the loader and those folks who get upset about multiple role-playing are pacified, I suppose.
    And this is when doing what you ain't supposed to do comes in: yes, you can actually load all of your train's tankers during those 20 minutes when you'd otherwise be twiddling your thumbs, having a smoke, or just snoozing. The downside is that 1) you'll be bugged every so often about whether you want to give up control of your train (as though you weren't doing anything useful) and (2) when you finish loading and return to your comfortable seat you'll still have to wait out what's left of the 20-minute do-nothing delay. Oh, yes, and you'll also (3) wind up with a silver rather than a gold medal (if you actually care about such nonsense), but on the plus side of the rewards bucket you may, as I did, (4) collect 2,360 points.
    ===========================================================
    Of course, all of this begs the question why, having taught us to load methane, the TSW activity makers decided to make us sit for 20 minutes while the invisible loader performed that interesting (well, up to a point, of course) task. For my money, loading beats doing nothing. Give it a try!

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. Mr T

Mr T Well-Known Member

I think with services TSW uses the same instructions for AI and human players. As AI drivers don't do any ethanol filling (at the moment) instructions for doing the filling aren't included.

• Like Like x 1