Wheelchair Users

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by martinv#5628, Sep 7, 2022.

1. martinv#5628

martinv#5628 New Member

So I can see the passengers has had an improvement, however one thing which I personally think would be pretty cool is if they were wheelchair users, and you as the driver would have to walk up to a ramp on the platform and attach it to the train so the wheelchair user could get onto the train. (Just like real life) I mean I’m not sure how possible list suggestion is the difficulty I’m guessing would be knowing what station that wheelchair user would want to get off at, but if this is something which is potentially possible it would be an awesome new feature

• Like Like x 3
  2. fabdiva

fabdiva Well-Known Member

Would be doable as self loading where there is Level Boarding (so Low floor trains)

• Like Like x 2
  3. matt#4801

matt#4801 Well-Known Member

Generally, well at least where I am, there is a member of station staff to put the ramp down rather than the driver.

4. martinv#5628

martinv#5628 New Member

Well I live in the UK and the bigger stations typically do have station staff (but none in the game) but those stations that is not staffed for any passenger assistance will be carried out by the ticket inspector which obviously travels on the train. i’m guessing as none of these are in game it would only be down to the driver.

5. matt#4801

matt#4801 Well-Known Member

Yeah I am English.
    I just think getting out the cab to put up a ramp would destroy all immersion for me as I have always known the station staff or as you say train manger/ other crew member to do the ramps not the driver.

6. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

For Class 313 there is the wheelchair ramp and DTG can script that to be deployed when a wheelchair passenger needs to board Class 313. German route are the problem because HMA RRO RSN HRR Main Spessart Bahn Hamburg Lubeck Koln Aachen Hannover and Kassel Wurzburg are the 55-76cm platform height West Germany while RT Dresden Chemnitz Riesa Dresden use the Deutsche Reichsbahn DDR 55cm height for the platforms. Therefore Ramp is deployed on 55cm platforms while Level Boarding 76cm high platforms.
    ARD Tagesschau Video on the issue (Video is in the German Language)

7. Asheix

Asheix Active Member

DTG could make this work if they introduced a Guard Mode (both player and AI controlled) to the game. Along with checking and selling tickets, setting up a disabled access ramp could be a role for the guard to do also.

• Like Like x 2
  8. hells.high.lord666

hells.high.lord666 Well-Known Member

Generally there is Network Rail ( and equivalent in other countries) to put maps, fire extinguishers etc in place but we as drivers have been lumped with doing those lol

• Like Like x 1
  9. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Absolutely agree with you on that one and if you look at the example from Germany Level boarding occurs if you have a 76cm high platform but a ramp is deployed when a 55cm Platform is encountered