When Will We Have French Trains?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by stphstef12, Apr 21, 2020.

1. stphstef12

stphstef12 New Member

In France too, we have a railway, equally efficient trains such as: (TGV) for example and other high-class vehicles too!

2. Olaf the Snowman

Olaf the Snowman Well-Known Member

As you’ve noticed, most routes are quite short (40-50 miles). If you want a high speed line using TGV, for example, you need at least a hundred or even a couple hundred miles long which they are not going to do or at least probably not now anyway.
    Equally, it would be nice to see some intercity routes in the UK. London Paddington to Reading is the best we’ve got which is 36 miles on a broken HST. Well, I guess the Northern Transpennine would count too but would be nice to see a modern, high speed route.
    GWML: London Paddington to Bristol/Cardiff/Cheltenham/Exeter and beyond
    ECML: London Kings Cross to York/Leeds and beyond
    MML: London St Pancras to Derby/Nottingham/Sheffield
    WCML: London Euston to Birmingham/Crewe and beyond
    GEML: London Liverpool Street to Ipswich/Norwich

Unfortunately, it doesn’t look like it’s going to happen. I think there may be a better chance with 3rd Party developers though in the future.

• Like Like x 1
  3. -PjM-

-PjM- Well-Known Member

I think getting licences from the operating companies and then access to the French locomotives to enable them to be modeled may be a problem. But eventually I'm sure other countries will eventually make an appearance. Hopefully France will be amongst them.

4. stphstef12

stphstef12 New Member

Oui j'espère l'arriver d'éditeurs tiers, qui nous propose d'autres itinéraires et locomotives ... Merci !