Where Are My Switches For Std Scenarios?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jeff.engle, Jun 15, 2021.

1. jeff.engle

jeff.engle Active Member

I am going through a set of training for scenario building and created a free roam scenario for a freight run
    Lübeck to Hamburg. I have wagons at two sidings in one Lübeck Harbor Yard, and another wagon farther up on another Lübeck Harbor yard that is a set of sidings that are off a bit separate. I put it together as free roam and it works.

So... I wanted to do the same as a STD scenario. I tried both "add to front" and "add to back" of engine and most of the switches that are available in free roam are missing so I cannot connect the wagons in the correct order (each set of wagons are to be dropped off at different locations so they have to be connected in the correct sequence). Both front/back setups have the same behavior - only allowing me to connect Hamburg facing end of the engine (what would end up being the front). Also, I the tried Marshal cmd; and that clearly was done wrong as it sends me only to the last wagon that I had selected as the final marshal point.

Of course to complicate things, the Lübeck Harbor yard is what I would call a reverse access yard. You have to pass it (on the left) then back in. Maybe I'm missing part of the puzzle, but both couple front and couple back give me the same limited solutions. Is there a command to reveal the switches? Or do I have to drag all the wagons to a different location and assemble them even though the switches are all available in this yard?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 15, 2021
  2. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

In a Free Roam Scenario All point are under Manual Control
    In a Standard Scenario most points are under AI (Signalling) Control

If you shunt from one line to another the system will set the points for you unless they have a hand lever next to them
    Manual points have that blue circle when you look in the map and those can be changed
    Drive past the points you want to change then check in the 2Dmap 9 key that they have changed.
    You might have to stop a little further away from them - maybe behind a signal

Peter

3. jeff.engle

jeff.engle Active Member

Thanks 749006. No joy on manual switching; but I got through most of the assembly of the wagons using the Marshall command to a close by unused siding one set at a time. The last set of wagons "crashed" during coupling (at 1.0 km/h); so I'll go through again tomorrow but good progress.

Great set of pictures! Well done.