Where Do You Finish The Sand Patch Grade "free To Play" Scenario?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by dreampage, Oct 2, 2020.

1. dreampage

dreampage Well-Known Member

"To end the session, walk over to the office building."

Where is it? The marker points hundreds of meters underground, and not to a specific location at all. If I start walking in the direction to where the marker is, it jumps several hundred meters again. Where do I end this scenario properly?

• Like Like x 1
  2. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I found that too. I just had to go to the pause menu and exit to main menu.

3. breblimator

breblimator Guest

4. Craigyboy

Craigyboy Member

I just normally exit via the menu

5. dreampage

I was at that building but the end marker wasn't there but 194m underground. I ended up quitting via the pause menu but that prevents you from getting any medals by your collected action points.

6. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

From the starting point (in the pic below) walk to [W]est, [NW]

Train Sim World 2® 2020-10-03 08-19-27.png

Attached Files:

7. dreampage

Thank you. However, after driving a locomotive for some time, the marker went underground for me, due to a bug, so I could never walk to where it was. This is another bug that should be looked into. I'll post a screenshot or video if I can get myself to play this scenario again.

8. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

I agree, the scenario its potentially bugged.

But there is a solution:
    1) before start the scenario open the options menu and switch on all the markers.
    2) use the loco on the screen below (the ac4400 just behind you when you start the scenario)
    3) without changing the rail switches, move the loco forward for about 1.5 miles
    4) I suppose the key its to not exit from the Cumberland Terminal area (a screen message appear if we are near the area exit)
    5) at about 1.5 miles from the start point, stop the loco, move reverser from forward to rear and turn back to the start point.
    6) repeat all from the point 3 (1.5 miles forward and 1.5 rearward)
    7) now leave the loco and reach the exit point on the map (just 200yards on the North of the loco)

this loco is parking 300yards backward, just in front of the "pink" depot (choice this one).
    Train Sim World 2® 2020-10-03 10-09-00.png

reach this point and turn back (repeat x 2).
    Train Sim World 2® 2020-10-03 10-00-56.png
    Train Sim World 2® 2020-10-03 10-10-54.png

Last edited: Oct 3, 2020
  9. dreampage

Yes, I think the "problem" was that I took the loco too far from the depot. I went until I reached ~300 action points, only then did I turn back. By that time I could see the end marker being in random places, sometimes only a few hundred meters from me (even though I was out in the wild with the loco), sometimes ~900m. I went back to the depot, reached >500 points and couldn't find the marker anywhere. So it's definitely a bug, after a given distance the end marker just glitches.

• Like Like x 1
  10. chrisasnyder

chrisasnyder New Member

I had the problem where the end marker was unreachable, someplace underground in the middle of the map. I jumped into a loco and started it moving, saved the game and exited via the menu. I then started the save game and when it reloaded the marker was in front of the office building and walking over it ended the session giving me the points reward and medal.

Probably just need to save and reload, but I included the other details in case they might be important. Never know.