Wherry Lines

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by John Gaisford, Nov 1, 2018.

1. John Gaisford

John Gaisford New Member

Hello All.
    After many hours of pleasure using TS the Class 37 scenarios on Wherry Lines have me baffled. My advanced age is probably the problem but can anyone tell me how to get into them? I've tried to start the engines but must be doing something wrong.
    Nice to meet you all.
    John

2. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

What sort of scenario are we talking here?

3. John Gaisford

John Gaisford New Member

All the Class 37 Blue APWL scenarios. The instructions say "start the engines" and I can't find any manuals that detail the start procedure; pressing the start buttton doesn't seem to be enough.The Class 170 scenarios work fine. I'm using RailDriver but have the same problem when using the keyboard. Thanks for your interest.

4. John Gaisford

John Gaisford New Member

Hi again ... now I feel even more stupid ... I'd noticed that the DRA light was on, but it wouldn't turn off using the mouse click. Finally I used the keyboard Y, therlight went out, and eveything seems to be working as it should.
    Again, thanks for replying.

5. Balam

Balam New Member

I had the same problem when I got the Arriva class 150, took me ages to get it going lol

6. steve.hibbert

steve.hibbert New Member

Hi I'm new to using Train Simulator. from the comments made and finding a Wherry Line Manual I have managed to start the Class 37, however I can't get it to move forward and have moved it in reverse and crashed into the buffers! I have tried using the W and S keys. Unlike on the Class 170 and don't get a direction switch on the HUD. Can anyone help please.

7. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Unlike the class 170 the class 37 has an "off" mode emulated in the game by the AP class 37, so when you're using the W&S keys you need to be careful that you're not going from Reverse, through neutral, through forward and into OFF
    Best way is to look at the reverser when using it (which you generally only do once on a given trip) to ensure it's in the right spot when wanting to go forward.

Unfortunately DTG never updated the HUD reverser to have an OFF setting.

You will get the same thing if you get the Voyager or Meridian from JT

Two things I look for when jumping in a new unit is how the reverser sets up, and how the brake gauges work, because the HUD often doesn't align at all with what the unit is actually doing.