Train Sim World 3 Which Scenic Routes Do You Want In Tsw?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by pessitheghost, Mar 21, 2023.

1. pessitheghost

pessitheghost Well-Known Member

Give suggestions down below of routes you want to see, for example i would love to see the northern part of the ECML or the Heart of Wessex line

• Like Like x 3
  2. twinboo

twinboo Active Member

I already just made a thread about it, but the Dublin to Dundalk line in Ireland would be cool.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. pessitheghost

i’ve never really seen any irish train suggestions that’s new

4. flystentz

flystentz Member

Aarhus to Herning in Denmark, with Arriva’s Lint 41 trains.

There is some beatiful scenery around Silkeborg in the middle of the route, with a good mix of hills and lakes.

• Like Like x 1
  5. gwrfan#3416

gwrfan#3416 Well-Known Member

For me whole of the GWML, Aberdeen to edinburgh line, plymouth to exter with avocet line, WCML south, West highland line, South wales (cyrmu) mainline, North wales (cymru) coast line, chiltern mainline and calder valley line so far are the lines that I think would introduce the most scenery.

• Like Like x 5
  6. spacecow#4984

spacecow#4984 New Member

maybe the Bergen Railway in Norway its a wonderful railway

• Like Like x 2
  7. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Mar 22, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  8. TrainGeek08

TrainGeek08 Well-Known Member

Whole GWML: Would take several parts to do like London-Bristol, (part represented) Bristol-Exeter, Exeter-Plymouth and Plymouth-Penzance (part of which we have represented thanks to Rivet)

Aberdeen-Edinburgh: My local needs split in two: Aberdeen-Dundee is 71 miles as it is then you make Dundee-Edinburgh separately or do a Kassel-Wurzburg and make it quite long

Plymouth-Exeter with Avocet: Great idea for a slightly backdated route with Pacers and Sprinters galore

WCML South: Needs to be in game to this day

West Highland Line: RETB with 156s, yes please :love: and opportunities for the Jacobite as well

South Wales Mainline: Needs to be represented in game in the future

North Wales Coast Line: Failing South Wales, North Wales Coast needs to be built, very scenic route indeed from mainland England/Wales to Anglesey (where Holyhead is)

Chiltern Mainline: A great but diesel alternative to the WCML with Networker Turbos and Clubmans galore not to mention the BEASTLY (sorry for caps but to empathise my point here, they are god-tier traction) 68s as well powering along that line

Calder Valley: Been requested quite a few times and all for the right reasons, very scenic, two train types are offered, being the 195 and the 158 so the Calder Valley needs to come to the game to please driverwoods#1787 and Lil jj among others ;)

• Like Like x 4
  9. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Any Welsh narrow gauge route, but Welsh Highland or Ffestiniog number one choice.

Several Scandinavian routes particularly Norway, part of the Bergen Line, Flam Branch, Andalsnes Branch, Mo I Rana to Bodo. Narvik to Kiruna.

• Like Like x 2
  10. anarchy99

anarchy99 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 14
  11. sammmmm

sammmmm New Member

For Sure North Wales Coastal

• Like Like x 4
  12. 21c164fightercommand

21c164fightercommand Well-Known Member

something like this:

I believe there is also a likewise spectacular line on the Slovenia/Croatia coast:

• Like Like x 3
  13. mortal1234

mortal1234 Well-Known Member

Edinburgh - Dundee + Fife Circle Line.
    A ton of scenery on that route. Plus you would get to cross one of the most famous bridges in the world which would be so nice to see in TSW.

• Like Like x 2
  14. elarthur

elarthur Well-Known Member

GWE branch lines get my vote as most of them pass some pretty idyllic locations. Agree 1000% with Chiltern Mainline too which has scope for both modern Networker Turbo/Class 67/68 traction as well as older Class 115/Class 47 services.

15. oakleymoss#1362

oakleymoss#1362 Well-Known Member

West Highland Line, North Wales (Cymru) Mainline, any Welsh Narrow Gauge route

16. pessitheghost

yeah the WHL is so pretty, even the highlander mainline as well it’s very attractive

• Like Like x 2
  17. SteveRail

SteveRail Well-Known Member

Two of the most famous bridges, Tay bridge going into Dundee. Big yes from me with the added bonus of populating Waverley, Haymarket and Haymarket depot too.

• Like Like x 1
  18. andrewandjane66

andrewandjane66 Well-Known Member

Carmarthen to Swansea in West Wales. Must get around to writing a proper suggestion one day...

19. Lil jj

Lil jj Well-Known Member

Oh yes, definitely :)! I'd love my local route in tsw3!
    I'd also love the settle to Carlisle line, North wales coastal, Riviera line and Chiltern mainline

Last edited: Mar 22, 2023
    • Like Like x 3
  20. pipanminuta#9703

pipanminuta#9703 Well-Known Member

Oh i'd love to see Koprska Proga / Koperbahn from Slovenia:

(My video)
    Or Bohinjska Proga / Bohinj Railway also from Slovenia:

(Not my video)

Last edited: Nov 23, 2023
  21. pessitheghost

the riviera line, absolutely stunning route and the WCML over shap, with the hills at the northern border

22. sam#2862

sam#2862 Well-Known Member

Train Sim World 3 - Calder Valley Line Suggestion From A Local | Dovetail Games Forums
    Train Sim World 3 - Penistone Branch Line | Dovetail Games Forums
    Train Sim World 3 - Airedale And Wharfedale Lines | Dovetail Games Forums
    North Wales Coastal
    West Highland Line
    Leeds/York-Scarborough
    Harrogate Loop
    Keighley and Worth Valley Railway (heritage line)
    Leeds-Carlisle
    Hadrian's Wall line
    Cumbrian Coastline
    Fort William-Mallaig
    WCML North Preston-Carlisle
    Fife Circle Line

• Like Like x 5
  23. pessitheghost

even though it’s very long Edinburgh - Aberdeen (The Aberdonian)

• Like Like x 1
  24. sam#2862

sam#2862 Well-Known Member

missed that one out

• Like Like x 1
  25. matt#4801

matt#4801 Well-Known Member

My three would be:
    The ECML from Peterborough to York (obviously the beautiful Lincolnshire landscape would be the highlight!).
    The line from Newcastle to Carlisle, Tyne valley line I think it's called, as the scenery is just astonishing.
    The SWML from Exeter-Plymouth and Paignton as the beautiful Devon coast can't be argued with.

• Like Like x 2
  26. pessitheghost

definitely the first one, i would also love a WCML north with the apt, it looks so good up north

• Like Like x 1
  27. steamfan#1309

steamfan#1309 Well-Known Member

Durango and Silverton or the Cumbers and Toltec

• Like Like x 3
  28. jedi247

jedi247 Well-Known Member

Donner Pass is a great scenic route with some cool operations. SP in the 1940s-50s ran Cab Forwards on heavy freight trains and helper operations. They used SD40T-2s and SD45T-2s on freights through the tunnels and snow sheds in the 1970s to the early 1990s. SD70Ms, C44-9Ws, and AC4400CWs were their main heavy haul units in the 1990s until the merger with UP. UP still operates trains over the pass. Also, SP had rotary snowplows, and some are still operational. Snow-clearing operations with flangers or snowplows would add great operations for this route.
    Stats and features for this route:
    -Roseville, CA to Reno, NV (140 miles); perhaps a shorter length could be done
    -Operations include snow clearing, yard operations at Roseville and Reno, mainline heavy freights, local freights

Another great scenic route is also a California route: Western Pacific's Feather River Canyon Route from TSC. The route runs from Oroville-Quincy (70 miles) and could be extended to Portola. The era is the late 1960s to the early 1970s. Locos I suggest would include a WP GE U30B, GP20, GP35, or GP40/GP40-2, and F7/FP7A/F7B. Operations would include passenger operations with the California Zephyr, freight operations, yard switching, and interchanges with the Great Northern (later Burlington Northern) at Keddie and the timber-hauling Quincy RR at Quincy Junction. Also, the route has 1% grades and the famous Keddie Wye, as well as tunnels and other bridges. Perhaps a Quincy RR loco (they had a few switchers from Alco, EMD, and GE) and a GN (later BN) 6-axle or 4-axle U-Boat, SD40, GP40, GP35, GP30, or SD45 could be added as DLCs later on for the interchange services.

• Like Like x 5
  29. fabdiva

fabdiva Well-Known Member

BLS route from Spiez to Brig via Kandersteg
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  30. driverwoods#1787

The old Summit route or the new base tunnel how about both because high speed tilting trains like the SBB Rabe 503 have to use the Beast or no while heavier freight trains have a choice of either the bass tunnel or the old route. BLS Autoverlad Kandersteg Goppenstein duration of 15 to 30 minutes both ways.
    How about Pilatus Bahn?

Last edited: Mar 25, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  31. fabdiva

fabdiva Well-Known Member

NOT THE BASE TUNNEL - I mean you wanted Scenic and the Tunnel bypasses all of that.

Pilatus trains just have 2 speed settings, limited by the cog drive they use (unique to the line)

• Like Like x 2
  32. driverwoods#1787

I get it now but I did make the suggestion on Pilatusbahn alpnachstad Pliatus Külm. How about Matterhorn Gotthard Bahn still a rack railway with Scenic open air sections

33. migueld

migueld Active Member

Cascais-Lisbon, Portugal

• Like Like x 3
  34. Sumadisi

Sumadisi New Member

I would like to see the line that goes from Vatra Dornei to Suceava in Romania. It goes thru the carpathian mountains with a lenght of aprox. 153 km

• Like Like x 1
  35. razmatus#2517

razmatus#2517 Well-Known Member

Wien-Franz Josef Bahnhof - Tulln - not the fastest one, but some parts feature the north of Vienna, some hills, and then beautiful vistas along the Danube :)
    Wien-Floridsdorf - Wien-Mitte - Vienna International Airport - Hainburg - Wolfsthal - superfast run around Schwechat Refinery and then neat little Danube towns, with the Hainburg section mostly on viaducts and along the river (final stretch to Wolfsthal has some nice fields and forest along it)

• Like Like x 1
  36. shredder

shredder Member

Shrewsbury to Aberystwyth, through Central and West Wales. A lot of single track running through mountain valleys and estuary’s. Class 158’s that split at Machynlleth. Possibly a double headed 37 log train from the Aber sidings.

• Like Like x 1
  37. driverwoods#1787

I agree and it's another route that introduces the 4744-4748 EMUS with 4024 4124s. New locos 1142 1064

38. rcdevisser

rcdevisser Active Member

One of the greates routes in Germany should be present and is for now in TSC available
    which is the "Black Forrest Route" Schwarzwaldbahn Hausach-Villingen in the days of steam.

This sets up a majestic scenic route and includes the finest steam locomotives like the class 38, 50, 64 and 78.
    By creating this route then German steam enters the TSW route library.

• Like Like x 3
  39. razmatus#2517

it was the route Tulln - Wien-Franz Josef Bahnhof that showed me the advantage of taking a seat in the upper section of a dosto :) it was Taurus plus Wiesel dostos (before refurbishment/modernization as CityJet Dostos)... wasnt too fast, mostly 80-100 km/h, but I was f***ing tired, the route was beautiful and the ride supersmooth thanks to these bad boys:
    upload_2023-11-23_19-59-39.png
    those bogeys is why I like riding this one / CityJet dostos when I get the chance (also when I finished my walk from Baden to Wiener Neustadt and the first train I could take was also with these O:) )

• Like Like x 2
  40. rcdevisser

rcdevisser Active Member

Suggestion: Dutch route: Amsterdam - Rotterdam - Dordrecht in the late 50's

I prefer the scenic route between Amsterdam and Rotterdam and further to Dordrecht passing Haarlem, Leiden and Den Haag in the 50's. I know this route very well because I am Dutch, born and living in Rotterdam. The whole line as mentioned is about 65 miles in length and well worth to create. The line goes through North and South Holland and is one of the most important railway lines in the Netherlands.

images (2).jpg 300px-Oude_Lijn.png

The route between Amsterdam and Rotterdam contains also the oldest Dutch railway line opened in 1839. The name of this famous line is "The Old Line" and runs partly alongside the famous flower fields between Amsterdam and Leiden which is amazing to see at the banks of the rail track.

Old rolling stock like the Class NS 1000, NS 1100, NS 1200 are perfectly suited for this line,
    The line itself was a busy line a lot of branch lines and a lot of services as well.

Expo_48_10.jpg

Even famous is this line because of its catenary poles which were quite unique. The well-known "Hondekop" (Dog heads EMU is passing underneath these remarkable catenary poles which where present in numerous amounts and variations.
    images.jpg

Another type of EMU was well known on this line is the "Muizenneus" (Mice Nose) also known as type 46
    Type 46 was related to the year of construction. However type 46 was a further development of the type 36 and 35
    ad15-int-groot.jpg

Also the EM2 (Class 77) came to this line after the Dutch State Railway purchased the whole serie of 7 EM2's from the BR (LNER). These wonderful engines served mainly between Den Haag and Venlo and came often to Amsterdam as well hauling international trains. As a young boy I remember the passages of the EM2 over the so called "Air Rail" in Rotterdam. The "Luchtspoor" (Air Rail) as the viaduct was called by the locals connected Rotterdam Central Station with the south of Rotterdam where the steam depot was situated. A lot of branch lines started here as well and were spread out throughout the former harbours at the south banks of Rotterdam.

Last but not least is to mention that the export model of class 08 were present at most yards and branch lines in Dutch livery of corse. in the 50's steam was still running until the end of 1957 An other British engines type was present which was the NS8800 (J94).

This is a hugh desire to have this route in either TSC and TSWx

41. driverwoods#1787

I agree with you however there is a problem with Wiesel Doppelstockwagen is that the 1016/1116s are exactly the same as a German 182 in game. Which means reusing RT 182 to make the Austrian 1016/1116.

• Like Like x 1
  42. Rail Runner

Rail Runner Well-Known Member

Aalborg Lufthavn to Aarhus would suit myself very well. Gorgeous mixture of Suburban and Rural. Great views through Hobro beside the Mariager Fjord, travelling through the Rold Skov around Skørping, lovely old infrastructure with new signalling systems, new trains, a good mixture of services from regional to intercity and some freight.

Nordjyske Jernbaner: ALSTOM Coradia Lint 41 between Skørping and Aalborg/Lindholm/Aalborg Lufthavn

DSB: IC3 Intercity Trains between Aarhus and Aalborg/Aalborg Lufthavn

DB AG: ex DSB Class MZ for freight services from Aarhus and Aalborg Osthavn/Lindholm

DLC: DSB IC4, and ex DSB Class MY

Last edited: Nov 25, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
  43. TSW Nathan

TSW Nathan Well-Known Member

West Highland Line modern day. upload_2023-11-26_14-35-48.png 20_10_15_156M-FW-Essen_DSC01536-copy.jpg 20-10-15_LochEiltnrEssen-copy.jpg download (1).jpeg scotrail_highland_explorer_travelling_on_the_west_highland_line.jpg upload_2023-11-26_14-35-48.png

• Like Like x 3
  44. Lil jj

Lil jj Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 3
  45. razmatus#2517

oh, it would be great if Transpennine got the modern rolling stock as an update or loco/train DLC, maybe with updated signalling :)

• Like Like x 3
  46. Lil jj

Lil jj Well-Known Member

Oh yes :love:
    My dream in tsw is to drive a 185 up the pennines.

• Like Like x 2
  47. razmatus#2517

and I totally forgot Mariazellerbahn... a 700mm narrow gauge railway from St.Polten to Mariazell, around 90km, like 2hrs, mountainous, lots of curves... mostly served by NOWAG kinda tram-train 80km/h, but sometimes also hosts special diesel and steam trains... sometimes also original electric loco from like 1910s plus panoramic carriages :)

• Like Like x 1
  48. augusten12435687

augusten12435687 New Member

I would like to see Vossebanen. Bergen-Voss in Norway

49. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Definitely now this one...

Be bold, DTG Matt

• Like Like x 1
  50. jackmiller1234567890

jackmiller1234567890 Well-Known Member