White Screen When Creating Scenario

Discussion in 'Technical Reports' started by capncol, Sep 16, 2018.

1. capncol

capncol Member

Hello all, hope someone can lend a little help.
    I am trying to create a scenario for the Newcastle to York route but all I get when I try to create is a white screen. If I click on the 2d view then the route map does appear but when I return to the main screen it is still blank. It is only this route and only just happened.
    All the other scenarios I have created on this route still work and if I want to edit them I can still do that. It is just if I want to create something new.
    All the other routes are fine by the way.
    Would be grateful if anyone has any suggestions.
    Colin

2. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

For some reason, on some routes you start underground or miles high, so check around you to see if you're "off the edge of the map"
    Another way of making sure you're where you want to be is to click on the set location button (middle option box at the top of the screen, right hand side, second from bottom) select a point or station and then click the play button at the bottom right of that top middle box. You should then be moved to this new location and everything should "render in" properly.

3. capncol

capncol Member

Thanks for the reply, I will give it a go when I get back home (working away this week). I did try the same route again on my surface pro that I use while I am away and that works fine. I suspect that it may be an issue with video card drivers as both computers use windows 10 and are up to date.
    Anyhow, will certainly try the "set location" thing you suggest and will let you know if it works.

Cheers, Colin

4. ARuscoe

I only started scenario creation last week and found on first spawning that I was "buried" in tracks, but if I went out and back in that I could end up below the scenery, so I had to go straight up to get to where I should be.
    Good Luck!

5. capncol

capncol Member

Thanks for the reply "A". Have tried to follow your instructions but have had no luck :(. The only way I found that made it work again was to verify the game files and let the steam add the missing files (where do they go to?). Anyway, it now works fine again so hopefully it will stay that way until I can make a few more scenarios at least :)
    All the best, Colin

6. ARuscoe

Ah right, I tend to verify the files after everything I install so that these things don't happen anyway. Good luck