Why Does The Class 43 Keep Stopping

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by malcster1975, Apr 7, 2020.

1. malcster1975

malcster1975 New Member

Pretty new to the tsw family so bear with me

I'm on the 1w41 Paddington to Didcot and after a few minutes a beeper starts train grinds to a halt and I can't get it going again

this also happened on the Swansea to Paddington scenario and I clicked the Aws reset and managed to get it going again but I can't for the life of me get this to move ive clicked every button

It doesn't seem very intuitive as to what the problem is

Please help it's really annoying

Also unrelated every time I boot the game I have to log back in which is bloomin annoying

2. -PjM-

-PjM- Well-Known Member

The beeping would indicate you have the Drivers Safety Device (DSD) activated so it will beep at you every so often just to make sure you're awake. It needs acknowledging by pressing the B button otherwise the brakes will be applied. Or switched off - the switch next to the AWS.
    You need to put the reverser into the the off position, switch off the master key and then back on again to release the brakes and get going again.

Yes it is annoying. If you skip the log in screen and select that you don't want to be asked again you won't have to do it again. Although you loose the mastery features.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  3. malcster1975

malcster1975 New Member

Thank you for the reply I'll try and turn it off
    Is that the switch next to Aws reset on the right hand side next to the throttle

Is there any advantage to logging in ??