Why Doesn't Dtg Mention What Next Routes Comes Out Like It Has Been In Tsw2020

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by drnicktgm#1259, Nov 16, 2022.

1. drnicktgm#1259

drnicktgm#1259 Well-Known Member

Hello TSW community, I would like to talk with you or maybe get enough approvement from you, so that DTG wouldn't wait until the route is almost finished with mentioning, what comes out next, of course we have a high hype for an upcoming route but isn't it enough if we just get to know which routes comes out next, so that we are able to suggest features or other things, that could be added to the route just before we are disappointed in the end

• Like Like x 3
  2. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

Cuz the plans always change up to the last minute. Content might be cut if they do more than they can chew. If it gets announced too early, then people would start asking questions about the route dtg can't answer, so people wouldn't be happy if dtg can't answer it. What would be at least helpful is to include the region (Ex: west germany, east uk, etc). We get to see the route code and depending on what licenses dtg has, players are able to predict what the route is. Achievements get leaked, JD has started leaking stuff intentionally, game files, etc so we already know a lot about what the next route will be.

• Like Like x 1
  3. aeronautic237

aeronautic237 Well-Known Member

I kind of like the whole thing where they say "Look! new German route! Here's a code." Then everyone can be like "Ooh! I wonder what it is! I think it is this." Then, when they do announce it, we can be all "Yay! Oh wow it's coming in like only 2 weeks!"

That's just me though. Also, I missed the announcement of Birmingham, so have no idea if any hype was generated at all.

• Like Like x 1
  4. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Past history and the actions of users on here and other social platforms

DTG say "Hey we're making a route HERE"
    Users say "Why aren't you making routes in this country or from this suggestion or this massive station that needs five multi-asset trains to look at all full"

DTG Say "Hey, we're making this train and it'll run on this route"
    Users say "Well isn't that just another EMU doing end to end runs with little variation? Why can't you extend routes and make full runs at high speed with decent sounds"

DTG say "Hey, we've rebuilt this line and extended it to give a lot more runs, and changed some of the sounds to be better and added in layers and rebuilt the timetable"
    User say "We didn't want THAT route extended, we wanted THIS route extended. And Yawn another route with EMUs and class 66s"

In other words, no matter what DTG say, or when they say it they'll have a bunch of people going on about how they're not getting what they want, even when DTG are doing what they say

• Like Like x 11
  5. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

True story. :D

• Like Like x 1
  6. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

I don’t think DTG want to get down the path of deciding the North and South Parts of England :D

7. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

In addition, if DTG announce a route early, users say “ We want it NOW” and then complain that it’s unfinished and full of bugs.

8. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

Or they say it's too short or why not this route, why this train, etc. Many reasons to complain about lol