Why Is There A Tutorial In Every Route Intro

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Mr heff, Aug 31, 2021.

1. Mr heff

Mr heff Well-Known Member

Why... just why? We only need one tutorial. It's annoying.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Hiro Protagonist

Hiro Protagonist Well-Known Member

Because every route/loco is different, and apart from the base routes included in the game (which might vary in future releases too) there's no guarantee that a player has any other routes. Thus, the game treats each route as a standalone product so thus has a tutorial built in to it (as theoretically any route could be the "first" route a player starts). It is also used as a route introduction (bit of backstory/history about the line/rolling stock, and the discoverables/tasks etc)

Only other option would be to have an Academy-style training route (like TS Classis) but even then a route-specific mini-tutorial (covering signals, safety systems etc) would be useful.

3. Mr heff

Mr heff Well-Known Member

I like the route introduction, but the tutorial isn't necessary. When i say tutorial I'm referring to the 'look at the markers' and 'open the pause menu' stuff, which is the sane throughout every route/loco.

• Like Like x 5
  4. LucasLCC

LucasLCC Well-Known Member

I agree that the tutorial should only occur once. I know what an action point is now, so why do you keep telling me?

The proper way would be a tutorial that could tell if you've previously done the "look at the markers" segment, and just take you to the actual route introduction.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

Agree. I understand how to move the left stick on my controller. I should only need to prove that once.

Add that to the big list of things that should only happen once, along with playing the intro video!

• Like Like x 2
  6. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

It annoys me that the introductory tutorial (the one with look left right up down and explaining the HUD) is included in every route. It is not necessary as everyone already has the base routes

• Like Like x 1
  7. Stephen Crofts

Stephen Crofts Well-Known Member

This!
    I'm on ps5 and chosen to restart progress rather than wait for any carry over of progress. I've got to sit through it for every - single - route - again :(

8. Trainiac

Trainiac Well-Known Member

I think the mini-tutorials should be exclusive to the 3 core routes that come with the game because someone new coming will most likely play one of those three first and not any other route.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Tank621

Tank621 Well-Known Member

Tbh, it's not that much of an inconvenience and at the end of the day, it may be most likely that someone will use one of the core routes first but there is no guarantee of that.

Maybe a skip initial route tutorial button is needed instead of just outright eliminating the tutorial entirely for all but the core routes.

10. bobbobberdd

bobbobberdd Well-Known Member

Maybe that could be solved that way. At the beginning, when you start the game for the first time, you will be spawned in the Map that is currently used as the background for the Locomotive selection with one of your locomotives (is determined randomly). There you get an introduction to the Hud and the game in general.

(Hope it's understandable what I mean?)

• Like Like x 2