PlayStation Why No Southern Pacific Dlc?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Espee5302, Mar 22, 2021.

1. Espee5302

Espee5302 New Member

With the Peninsula pack, upcoming Tennessee Pass, and GP9, 38-2, SD40 and F7s, why has DTG skated past any SP content? With the addition of a period-specific fallen flag, one would think DTG would’ve been more open to offering some sort of content for such an iconic road, be it the anything from a GP9E on the Placerville Branch or or an SD40 on Tehachapi.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

I mean, why not any other fallen flag in the US? Why just one? Why don't we have a route for the Western Pacific, Missouri Pacific, MKT, Rio Grande, Conrail, Norfolk and Western, Southern Railway, Pennsylvania Railroad, New York Central, New Haven, Penn Central, Chessie System, Baltimore and Ohio, Chesapeake and Ohio, Western Maryland, Seaboard Coast Line, Seaboard System, Louisville and Nashville, ACL etc etc etc.......

• Like Like x 2
  3. Espee5302

Espee5302 New Member

True. I’m a hardcore SP fan, but I’d love to see something that isn’t UP or CSX and bristling with electronics. I’m holding an undoubtedly vain hope that these Clinchfield SD40s will be adapted into SP 8400s. Even WP GP40 ops in the South Sacramento or Oroville yards would be killer.

4. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Many of these fallen flags have been incorporated into TS202X, but of course, that game is 12 years old, three or four times as old as TSW. Given time, I think we'll see the heritage liveries that now constitute UP, NS, CSX and maybe BNSF in TSW2.

5. Stockton Rails

Stockton Rails Well-Known Member

...yep, I would definitely like to see the SP line represented in the sim (with a larger loco than the GP38-2 please)- just as long as DTG releases the DLC in good shape without any glaring issues. I live in an area that used to be served by SP... still miss seeing them run so many years later.

6. Espee5302

Espee5302 New Member

That’s why I bring up the Clinchfield SD40: with a bell relocation and and a tweak of the handbrake, plow and engineer’s window, they’d have an early 8400 series SD40. They have enough core models to work on the power for a late 60s San Joaquin division pack - or just add onto the peninsula route, Newhall to Watsonville.