PlayStation Why The Disrespect?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by LiquidShadows, Nov 29, 2019.

1. LiquidShadows

LiquidShadows Well-Known Member

I've noticed MANY times on this forum over the last year and a half that several people on here are quite rude, disrespectful, or just plain hateful to others who are asking questions, making complaints/suggestions, or even just for making a thread about a topic or question that someone has already asked. There's really no need to be disrespectful to anyone on here, even if they themselves are being disrespectful. Many of these people are new, some of them are frustrated (mainly, I've noticed, when it concerns their financial investments in the game), & a few are just making posts in an attempt to set people off on purpose.
    Still, I don't see the need for the snark or passive-aggressive responses. If someone asks a question, refer them to the proper posting; if they're frustrated, try to help them out; if they're antagonistic, just ignore them. Anyway, that's just my two cents on the matter. I hope everyone has/had a great Thanksgiving & let's get back out on the rails.

• Like Like x 7
  2. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

Yep, agree with you. Plenty of know it alls knocking about

• Like Like x 1
  3. thearkerportian

thearkerportian Well-Known Member

"I have a very low tolerance for stupid bullshit."
    -George Carlin.

Asking whether route ABC includes station XYZ is stupid bullshit.
    Asking if this DLC comes with a class whatever loco, is stupid bullshit.
    Suggesting this EMU for that route that isn't even electrified, is stupid bullshit.

Read the description. Use Google. Look at a map. If all else fails, use Wikipedia. How hard can it be.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Thunderer

Thunderer Well-Known Member

I agree, a lot of the newer players like me have come into TSW2020 via console (PS4 in my case), which are not historically the platform for Simulator type games.

If new users ask questions which seem simple or basic, then either help them or don't reply, there is nothing to be gained from being rude or dismissive just because you have been playing the game for many years and feel that somehow gives you the right to act like a pr!ck.

More sales across PS4/XB1 can only be good for users of all platforms, a rising tide floats all boats after all.

Games like TSW need a healthy, friendly, welcoming community as it is a niche kind of game.

Personally I noticed a bug on the NTP route on PS4 and opened a thread, the second or third comment was along the lines of, this has been reported before, haven't you searched the forum? Turns out that it was a new bug and I had searched the forum, there is simply no need for that type of comment.

On the whole though, I have found the majority of posters here friendly and helpful.

• Like Like x 7
  5. Big Papi34

Big Papi34 Well-Known Member

I mostly agree with you. But some questions are unreasonable and plain out dumb. If someone on this thread posts a comment wanting LIRR on my thread about an American freight engine or on a thread about an upcoming British dlc, they better be prepared for rude, sarcastic, and snide remarks. That's my take on it.​

• Like Like x 2
  6. zane88

zane88 Active Member

Well friend, it looks like you've been "Smacked Downed" by the almighty downvote button. AND SMACKED HARD!
    And perhaps you REALLY EARNED IT this time.

I however, simply cannot give you a downvote.
    Any man who quotes the great
    George Carlin should be allowed to umm....." have the floor".

At least for an hour or two or until we are all to drunk to understand what the hell you were saying.:D

• Like Like x 1
  7. Big Papi34

Big Papi34 Well-Known Member

Why does he deserve the downvote? This forum is basically a pie chart. And that one fat piece of the pie is " stupid bullshit".

8. thearkerportian

thearkerportian Well-Known Member

Yes, for example. That's the kind of stuff I had in mind. Thread hijacking. Or that one guy who, when the BR 155 (one of the best made engines we have in the game) was released, gave it a downvote on Steam because it isn't an ICE.

Or that one particular user that has suggested probably the whole Northern UK rail network by now, and the only description he ever gives is a long list of locos running there.

I mean, my suggestions come with a, usually long, list of suitable vehicles as well, but they're just that. Suitable vehicles, all that theoretically COULD run there.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2019
    • Like Like x 1