Why We Can't Open The Front Tube Stock Door On The Bakerloo Line ?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by nailomar44, Sep 25, 2021.

1. nailomar44

nailomar44 Member

I was just wondering why we can't open it, I followed the instructions on the door, lever in shut down position and removed the selector key but still can't open it

2. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. trainsimgaming1001

trainsimgaming1001 Well-Known Member

I do wonder why. TSW is supposed to be realistic and Tube Drivers on the Bakerloo Line enter through the Front Door. If this was blocked on other trains, it would probably be to avoid encouraging idiots to jump from a cab, but other trains, including the Class 483 Ex-London Underground Stock have the Front Door Enabled even when running on Bakerloo Line via Scenario Planner. I would imagine Rivet Games: Standard 1938 Tube Stock will have the Front Door too. I think its just because, in certain parts of the Tunnels on the Bakerloo Line, particually the Junction to london road depot, in the game, if you use mods to enable the door or stop a train in the section and use a passenger door, you fall through the floor, but that is something that could easily be fixed. Dovetail clearly just do not want us in the tunnels, hence the fact the door is disabled and you can't walk into a tunnel

4. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

36EEE920-B2FD-4490-B547-70C93EE649B6.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  5. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

I believe - and I'm happy to be corrected if I'm wrong - but I believe it is down to TfL not really wanting people wandering through the tunnels. At least I think that is a factor in it.

• Like Like x 3
  6. davidh0501

davidh0501 Well-Known Member

OP gets the “Darwin Award” achievement…

7. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

I wonder if it's the same for Epic games version because I tried opening the front door too which is used for an evacuation if needed in real life. In game disabled despite using the procedure.

8. davejc64

davejc64 Well-Known Member

Well you can't also open the doors to the engine compartments on the UK locos, but I suspect that is down to the engine room interior not actually being modelled, also same can be said of the toilet compartments on the carriages too.

9. nailomar44

nailomar44 Member

• Like Like x 1