Will Class 20 Bugs Be Fixed....?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Plastic Pal, Jun 12, 2020.

1. Plastic Pal

Plastic Pal Well-Known Member

If there are any bugs found with the Class 20 after it is released on 18th June 2020, will they be fixed?

The Class 20 DLC has been designed for use with TSW, but TSW 2 launches on 6th August 2020, at which point it appears (from the Q&A stream on 11th June) that DTG have said that no work will be undertaken on TSW DLCs - as they intend to move forward with TSW 2 instead.

Does this mean that the Class 20 will not be a supported product, just seven weeks after release....?

DTG have a history of not recognising critical bugs, sometimes for over two years..... so does this mean that the Class 20 will become a complete dud, if it is released in a broken state....?

Will you be buying the Class 20 - taking the risk that it won't be absolutely perfect on release... bearing in mind that DTG have said that they won't do any work on such DLCs in the future....?

Hopefully, there has been a misunderstanding, and that DTG will clearly state that they will actually support all of the DLC products that they continue to sell, for the purpose of bug-fixing.

• Like Like x 1
  2. MillerPC

MillerPC Active Member

If you have to hope for it, i doubt it will be fixed (if there are any bugs to begin with) then again this is DTG we are talking about.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Jez

Jez Well-Known Member

I think TSW2 has certainly taken the gloss off the Class 20. It's a DLC for a moribund product. Maybe it won't be long before it's discounted?

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. -PjM-

-PjM- Well-Known Member

This is a point I've been considering myself.

Because it's a loco I've been after I was considering buying it at full price on release, which is not normally something I do. However because of the reasons you mentioned and also because the fact that it will be half the price of the "new" game with its 3 routes (plus content) and enhancements I might hold on for a sale.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. -PjM-

-PjM- Well-Known Member

From what I understood from the stream. Updates may be carried out on "preserved" routes and content but only from within TSW2 - since they have been adapted to run in this new version and are now separate. The original TSW1 content will be left untouched.

So there maybe hope for the 20 after all, but not in the game it was created for!

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. davidh0501

davidh0501 Well-Known Member

Was looking forward to this release. It's a useful one for a variety of routes.
    I'm hoping Matt will address this in the next dev chat.

7. Plastic Pal

Sounds like a nightmare for version control. I guess there are many ways to swing a cat... although I do not approve of swinging cats, of course. ;-)

8. DeStijl

DeStijl Well-Known Member

Definitely would be nice to have more clarity, but it seems that there will be no more support for TSW 2020 addons after TSW2 launches.

That leaves approximately 6 weeks in which a patch for any Class 20 bugs could be released, in addition to fixes for any other large bugs that DTG may be planning to fix before drawing a line under the "old" content.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  9. -PjM-

-PjM- Well-Known Member

Well, not really. Come the release of TSW2 it would seem that there will only be the one version they are concerned with.

__________TSW 2020__________

^ Here's the line that's being drawn under TSW1 :)

10. Plastic Pal

What about the "non-adapted" DLC under TSW 2020... for those customers that keep TSW 2020, but do not buy TSW 2.....

Set 1: Non adapted DLC for TSW 2020
    Set 2: Adapted set for TSW 2.....?

By the way - I think that in reality there will be one set of TSW 2020 DLC... and that no "adapted" set will be created.... so that....

- If you buy TSW 2 and you don't have TSW 2020, then you get a copy of TSW 2020 core in addition to TSW 2 core, so that you can use TSW 2020 "preserved" DLC should you decide to purchase it
    - If you own TSW 2020 and you buy TSW 2, then you will get another TSW 2020 core (which you will need in case you later delete your original TSW 2020 core with all of your stats)
    - If you own TSW 2020 and you don't buy TSW 2, then it's status quo
    - If you don't own TSW 2020 and you don't buy TSW 2.... then hey.... where have you been.....?

The question for me is - will they make you download a full second copy of original TSW DLC, if you buy TSW 2 (in addition to TSW 2020)....?

11. TrainSim_Fan

TrainSim_Fan Well-Known Member

DTG have said in their stream they dont plan to fix ANY bugs with TSW2020 so probably not..............but have hope and they still wont
    :(

12. DeStijl

DeStijl Well-Known Member

I personally think we'll see a very halfhearted final patch published for TSW2020 before TSW2 releases, in an attempt to quiet any complaints and convince a few extra people to buy TSW2.

I would guess that it will include a few surface level fixes for the newer routes, and maybe a fix for the two or three most common (easy to fix) complaints that Sam gathered over the past week.

• Like Like x 1
  13. TrainSim_Fan

TrainSim_Fan Well-Known Member

We wont............keep wishing.

14. -PjM-

-PjM- Well-Known Member

Well they won't make you, but if you want to use it them, then yes you will have to download the updated versions. It won't exactly be a copy since they are adapted to suit the new Unreal engine.

15. Plastic Pal

Aaah, okay. Sounds like you think that there will be two versions of each TSW 2020 DLC. Maybe you are right.

Sounds like a nightmare for version control.

16. Scorpion71

Scorpion71 Well-Known Member

I'll wait for reviews on the 20 before splashing my cash, in any case, I'll only be getting it on discount and at least 40% off at that. It will at least give a bit more life to TVL.

This will be my last purchase for the TSW series. I shall keep monitoring from the side to see if any developments are made, if things are to my satisfaction in a couple of years, maybe I'll come back (again, for a discounted price) but I can't see any major improvements, unfortunately.