Will Preseved Collecton 5 Have Problems?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Oo7 BELL 7oO, Oct 25, 2020.

?
  1. Yes definately.

2. Maybe

3. No Dovetail will have fixed all of the problems before it wil be released.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Oo7 BELL 7oO

Oo7 BELL 7oO Active Member

I just wanted to see how many people think that preserved collection 5 will go smoothly.

2. jeremydunn8

jeremydunn8 Well-Known Member

Hopefully not, I’m getting Northern Transpennine for free whenever it’s released. Crossing my fingers that all issues will be ironed out.

• Like Like x 2
  3. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

Smoothly compared to what?

Preserved Collection 5 include Great Western Express and as such is the single most complicated thing we're releasing due to the number of ways it's been available, and the number of people who have it.

It'll be bumpy. Guaranteed.

• Like Like x 3
  4. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

In terms of the quality of the content, rather than people actually being able to get it, I think it will be bumpy in more areas than Sam is alluding to. Once it’s out hopefully we will start to see all the bumps in the preserved collection being smoothed out by Adam and his crack team of bump smoothing experts. They are going to be very busy.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Alexandra

Alexandra Active Member

Whatever the bumps and frustrations the collection inflicts on us, having at long last the fabulous and beloved Great Western Express back will be worth whatever birthing pains the preserved collection brings with it.

• Like Like x 6
  6. jasonpfc

jasonpfc Well-Known Member

Glad mines a digital copy, i can sit back and watch everything go crazy, while i sit back and be patient.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Maverick_ng

Maverick_ng Active Member

I wonder if the route will be upgraded to catenary on the whole route to be able to use the upcoming Hitachi trains in the future.

Nahh I think it will be as it is.
    I'm thinking of buying a can of Raid to get rid of the bugs LMAO xD

8. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

Take your bets now people :D

9. jasonpfc

jasonpfc Well-Known Member

33/1 i'll stick a tenner on it

• Like Like x 1
  10. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

They will work hard to avoid it, but there always are problems. It is software.... NB this is not to blame anyone, just a fact.

11. hibiki

hibiki Well-Known Member

For many years I have played lots of games. I have had many consoles, and computers. My first console was a CBS Colecovision. My first computer was a commodore 16, as well as having a ZX Spectrum, Atari STe, Sega Master System, just to name a few.

A lot of games I have played have also had bugs. For instance. a Speccy game called Werewolves of London had a great bug where when you completed it game, the game reset itself and never finished. Bugs are not new in games and there wasn't any support or Roadmaps or updates to get you through. You had a choice of either putting up with it, or playing something else.

I am sure some people on this forum will remember the old driving sims on the Speccy or C64 where you didn't have any graphics, you just had some basic information of where you was, speed you're doing and the next signal. There was also a couple of games, Southern Belle and Evening Star, where you drove a steam train with very basic graphics. I personally enjoyed them all.

Of course now our computers/consoles can do a whole lot more, but like everything the more stuff is added the more can go wrong. Even in QC enviorments things do slip through. I have known brand new cars that have done less than 100 miles actually breaking down, although that is slightly different than software.

What you have to also remember is that it isn't just a simple case of moving a couple of files from one game to another, everything has to be re-coded to make it work. and all it takes is for a , instead of a . and that can cause problems. I am just glad they have decided to move the old routes into TSW2. They could of just turned around and said that they wasn't going to and you just would have to get TSW2020 to play the old routes. Like some companies do.

• Like Like x 2
  12. krustynuggets

krustynuggets Well-Known Member

Evening Star was my very first railway sim on my Spectrum+2, compared to today's standards it would be classed as poo, but it is still pretty much my favourite railway sim because i got to drive my favourite steam loco on the entire planet.

• Like Like x 1