PlayStation Will Pzb Work If Set To Mph?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by TinTin_57, Jun 2, 2019.

1. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

still trying to get my head around the PZB system and have watched a fair few videos on it. All of them are using KM/H which of course is the native speed measurement in Germany. I always use MPH though which is just my personal choice and is what I am most familiar with but can PZB only be used with the setting as KM/H?
    Cheers

2. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Kph is the setting on the rolling stock, so cant be changed. The PZB dashboard lights indicate 55kph(mode U heavy freight)70kph(mode M fast freight) and 85kph (mode O passenger) as speeds you must be able to get down to within a certain amount of time on approach to a warning signal.
    If youre trying to get hang of PZB.
    I started by acknowledging every speed sign that shows a speed drop 90 or below.(within 4 seconds?)
    Aknowledge and act on every signal featuring amber lights. (Within 4 seconds)Get down to 45kph until line clears and your pzb 55/70 or 85 stops flashing or alternating and the 1000hz amber light goes off. Either that or the next signal will be solid amber and then red in which case acknowledge again, continue to slow down to about 25kph and the red 500hz will appear. Where you will need to stop.
    Start from there and you should be able to complete a run without stopping. Using AFB is also a help when learning PZB.
    Matt P is right on his streams. Its possibly the most satisfying of the dlcs when you start to master these systems. Ps when you 1st start pzb regardless of signal, pzb 1000hz will expect you to go at 45kph until further notice(clears from dash)

Last edited: Jun 2, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Ninetofive925

Ninetofive925 Well-Known Member

Here's a handy guide for PZB:

To answer your original question, yes, PZB works regardless of your measurement unit settings. PZB "thinks" in km/h, so for instance when the 85 lamp flashes, you'll need to get down to 85km/h, which is 52.8mph.

4. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

Thanks. In fact I watched this earlier and it made sense. His videos are always quite good