Will We See More Amtrak And Njt Dlc's To Train Simulator?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Keystone Railfan, Mar 2, 2018.

?
  1. Yes please

3 vote(s)
    42.9%
  2. No thank you

4 vote(s)
    57.1%
  1. Keystone Railfan

Keystone Railfan New Member

I would love to see some new Amtrak DLC's such as routes and locomotives. It seems that there isn't a lot of Amtrak stuff being created. I personally think there is room for improvements on past Amtrak locomotives and routes. As for the NJT side of things I feel that the New Jersey Transit locos and routes have been one of the best dlcs that have been added in the game. I think there is some more passenger cars,locomotives, and routes. So what do you think on this topic let me know down below.

2. Lawjester

Lawjester Well-Known Member

Hudson line is a way better choice because it has Amtrak and Metro North and we’ve seen NJT a lot lately and no Metro North so I’d prefer that. NJT also doesn’t run side by side with Amtrak on most routes while on the Hudson line if you’re driving a Metro a North train you drive right next to Amtrak for the whole route.

3. rare_common_sense

rare_common_sense Well-Known Member

Sheesh bro. Kinda hijacking posts there. Now, believe me. I want what you want as well. But I still would love to see more NJT stuff too. Although I do would love to see more MTA stuff because NJT kind of has them beat right now as far available content. Hopefully that will change soon.

I know we’re not even talking about Amtrak. But I would really hope they would incorporate a Keystone cab car at some point very soon. I get a little upset whenever I watch YouTube, or even whenever I happen to be anywhere along the NEC route, and see these cars on the move, and yet with all of the Amtrak stuff we’ve gotten, not one has offered a cab car.

I know we have the NEC corridor. But they need to redo it over for NJT content. Because I just cannot stress enough how badly it needs to be redone for the equipment. The route isn’t compatible with the in cab signaling system. It’s plagued with inaccuracies and it is just.. so dated.

I thought when they took it that they would rebuild it and do away with the old one. Perhaps due some necessary upgrades to the locos. The only thing they did that I knew was going to get done was a passenger view for the Acela. Which makes it so much more fun to use.

But after having seen what little of the Northeast Corridor that was done for the NJCL route, it begs to be made again.