Workers On The Tracks

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Lawjester, Jan 23, 2018.

?
  1. Yes! This would make the game so much more realistic!

78.6%
  2. Not necessary, I would rather DTG focus on something else

21.4%
  3. Absolutely not! This would make the game worse!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Lawjester

Lawjester Well-Known Member

Hello all, I would like to request a feature that would add some realism to the game. That would be workers on the tracks on all current and future routes. It would add some fun to a route because you must use your horn when their are workers and I love my horn so it would be fun to use it even if there are no grade crossings. I’m hoping this feature will be released!

• Like Like x 3
  2. SamYeager270

SamYeager270 Well-Known Member

In my view this falls into "nice to have" but it's not a priority as there are so many other things that DTG should work on. The issue of how it might impact performance is another matter as well.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Lawjester

Lawjester Well-Known Member

Absolutely! This is definitely not priority at all. This is of course just an extra feature to add to the realism.

4. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Well, we already have animated passengers and some workers, but they generally ignore each other, following paths and patterns sometimes described as "mill drill"; moreover, as in TS, there are too many clones bumbling around. Granted, animated figures make more sense than static ones, but wouldn't our dear developers' time be better spent on trains than automatons? Lawjester's idea sounds good at first glance, but there are, as several others have noted already, more important things to be done.

5. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

I think this would be a great addition to the game, as it would add realism to the game. You would be given given instructions from dispatch of which starting milepost to slow down for the area where the workers are, and possibly having to do a cross over to another track.

• Like Like x 1