Workshop Related Issues

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by inversnecky, Mar 26, 2023.

1. inversnecky

inversnecky Well-Known Member

So often it seems that crashes result from issues with items on the Workshop (not sure if predominantly routes or scenarios, or both), leading to the need for blanket unsubscriptions to escape the issue and stop TS crashing.

What’s the issue with Workshop items - is there something about the lack of quality of certain items there that make them the culprits, or perhaps players are more prone to install items without checking requirements, than they would do with DLC found externally?

Thankfully, I’ve never been plagued by Workshop related bugs, likely because I am not subscribed to much, so can’t really comment from personal knowledge.

2. PlatinumSLS

PlatinumSLS New Member

While I can't comment specifically on crashes related to Workshop content, after having encountered the corruption of names and descriptions for several Workshop scenarios I've downloaded in the past, I now no longer allow the game itself to handle the installation/extraction of Workshop content. Instead I go to Workshop directory in Steam's folder and manually extract the content with 7-Zip. Since I've started doing this, I've never encountered any further scenarios having their names or descriptions corrupted.

While scenario names and descriptions being corrupted is a fairly trivial problem (the scenarios still worked, but it just annoys me seeing the broken names/descriptions), it's possible that crashes that happen with Workshop content could actually be related to this, as the game may not be correctly extracting the content, leading to either corrupted files or files being missing.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2023