Workshop Wednesday 1st Birthday 9th June Suggestions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DTG Jamie, Jun 2, 2021.

1. DTG Jamie

DTG Jamie Staff Member

Hi All
    Its One Year this month since Workshop Wednesday started streaming on YouTube and Twitch. What would you like to see in the Birthday Celebrations?
    Put your suggestions below.

• Like Like x 2
  2. davidjamesgoodfellow

davidjamesgoodfellow Member

Brighton mainline Brighton to London Victoria
    Class 150 gwr on the rivera line

3. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

What did Matt do on the first stream? Perhaps a repeat would be good.

Jamie could you also update routes and scenarios as it hasn’t been updated since May 19th. Also it would be marvellous if you or someone could add what you intend to show on the day of the stream, so those that want to can play along with you. That would be something special if you could do that!!!

Last edited: Jun 3, 2021
  4. trainbraint

trainbraint Well-Known Member

Was going to suggest that myself. I’ve always been a big fan of both the workshop and the stream, and am looking forward to seeing the birthday special. This is probably because on Train Sim Live, Matt always used to look at workshop stuff and since he has moved away from TS on twitch mainly recently I think I miss that, so it’s nice to see Matt on the streams. I think in the first one, Matt looked at the GEML extension from Ipswich to Norwich, the NY Bergen Line by Minerman (and his son - an absolute monster of a project that has been worked on for years, and has been updated considerably since it was last looked at) and the Onehouse Model Railway (a representation by PJT1974 of Matt and his father’s own model railway - Matt has done some livestreams on it before, I believe they are on YouTube if you want to have a look). All of these have a lot of potential for different scenarios than the ones Matt played originally.

My other ideas:
    - Community favourites. We could start a separate thread where people vote for their favourite workshop routes, even if they’ve been shown before (I’m going to focus on routes because I believe they are a better exhibition of the community’s talent - and when these streams started Matt only showed routes anyway). I have downloaded many many workshop routes in my time, I could definitely recommend a few to get everyone going.
    - A similar idea, but where people vote for their favourite items that have been shown during the course of the workshop Wednesday streams throughout the past year.
    - Some old favourites - something nostalgic maybe, or just something everyone likes. For example - https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=425188070 - this was the scenario that started the whole concept of a Knebworth all those years ago. It would be fun to revisit, and maybe surprise Matt with, and maybe see if Jamie can do any better than him!
    - The return of TPTS (Twitch plays train sim)? (Edit: Matt’s playlist on YT: https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL9DHSvtA6yvQVUIl_2mjdGdPyl93s8Aqr) This would probably be very unlikely, with a lot of logistical problems, but I’m sure if Matt hooked up the commands back up to the game and to twitch, it would allow those on twitch to quite literally play along at home. As much as this would probably not be a very good idea, if it were possible it would be great to see it back.

Those are all my ideas for now. It’s great that the workshop Wednesday stream has reached one year, let’s all raise our glasses to it lasting another one (at least)!

Last edited: Jun 3, 2021
  5. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

Thank you Jamie for updating the main thread, I really appreciate that.

6. synthetic.angel

synthetic.angel Well-Known Member

Find a super-long route merge, and make a large flask of coffee. London KX to Edinburgh was done about a year ago.....

How about Chatham to Cathcart, as a sleeper service.......? Arriving just in time for the launch of Cathcart Circle the next day...? ;-)

7. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

The first stream was Great Eastern Main Line, New York Division - Bergen Line and Onehouse Model Railway

8. trainbraint

trainbraint Well-Known Member

And one more thing - if you want to do something fun to finish it off - I would recommend this - https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=571127863 - if you use the saddletank from IOW and 5 or so plank wagons in quick drive, it will go round the track entirely powered by gravity. Although it might be fun to try some other consists and see how they fare.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2021