Would It Be Possible To Have Light Rail (tram) Dlcs On The Future?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by ShazadTech, Nov 28, 2021.

Tags:
  1. ShazadTech

ShazadTech New Member

I know the TSW franchise is mainly meant for Heavy Rail simulation, but I would really like to see more subways (please add Toronto!!!) and possibly some Tram DLCs.

A Tram DLC I can think of is the TTC’s Line 5 Eglinton, which runs as a half subway, half street tram (in the east end of the city) and would be interesting to run a tram alongside cars (especially waiting for cars making left turns).

Another one is the Kitchener ION LRT that runs almost completely in mixed used traffic, but has right of way (as opposed to TTC’s Line 5).

If that doesn’t seem like a viable idea, then please consider adding the TTC network of subways. There are only 3 Subway lines (Lines 1, 2, and 4 **Line 3 is an LRT that’s getting decommissioned by 2023, RIP :( **) and I think it would be fairly easy for DTG to implement as all the lines are interlined.

However, I’m sure I’m not the first one to bring up the TTC on this site…

• Like Like x 1
  2. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

I think there is another thread running about tram etc. type routes for TSW. Elicited a mixed response though, as a bit of a tram fan myself, I’m all for it. There would be a few technical issues to overcome, line of sight running, interaction with vehicles and pedestrians but nothing the existing tram and bus/truck sims haven’t (largely) overcome.

3. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Now this one would be quite good:

Beautiful electrothrash and while the camera lens might be distorting the speed a bit, it ain't half rocking along there!

• Like Like x 1
  4. mattk#4569

mattk#4569 Active Member

Eh I’m not really big on subways tbh

5. lord everything

lord everything Well-Known Member

What about Frankfurt U-Bahn?