Would You Pay To Add Pzb To The Tgv?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by tbaac, Dec 21, 2020.

Tags:
?
  1. Yes

22 vote(s)
    30.6%
  2. No

50 vote(s)
    69.4%
  1. tbaac

tbaac Well-Known Member

Matt replied in response to a viewer question on a recent stream that there are TGVs that exist that have PZB in addition to the other safety systems, so that they can also operate in Germany.
    They probably don't operate on the Koln route that we already have, but it might be fun and would mean that we could theoretically run them on any PZB-enabled routes and take advantage of PZB, with or without being OTR.
    And who knows, maybe one day we'll get a route in Germany that the TGV does run on.

So what do you think? I probably still would for 5 or 10 quid.

2. Nemo

Nemo Member

This would be a great idea. :D But DTG would have to remake sounds, the interior and some parts of the cab. The PZB would not be the only change.

3. a.paice

a.paice Well-Known Member

I was at Köln this year waiting for a train to Brussels and two TGV’s came through on their way to Paris and Frankfurt respectively.
    They were however the single decker variants. I believe TGV POS.
    It would of been nice if they came with the LGV route to complement the duplex.

4. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I’d buy it if it required a whole new train (as I believe most TGV’s aren’t equipped with PZB). It’d also depend on cost, but I’m open to it.

5. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

No, I would pay for the TGV 2N2 Euroduplex with different sounds and performance and cockpit. Just a patched PZB on top of a 200 series TGV is not appealing to me.

TGV Euroduplex operates on Munich-Augsburg while Thalys PBKA which is more similar to a POS, in the sense that it has the "Duplex" power cars but has the Reseau coaches, and operates on Koln-Aachen

Last edited: Dec 21, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Nemo

Nemo Member

The Thalys PBKA and TGV POS are definitely not the same. The PBKA has Duplex power cars (same motorization), the POS has Dasye power cars (new type of motorization with asynchronous motors, and others changes !).
    Only cars are the same type (with differences for each service of course).

• Like Like x 1
  7. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

No. Also, it’s a daft idea. What’s next, AWS in a Talent 2 just in case we want to use it in GWE and take advantage of AWS?

• Like Like x 4
  8. tbaac

tbaac Well-Known Member

Are there any Talent 2s with AWS in them? Just quoting Matt as having said that there are TGVs which have PZB in them. May not be the same model and yeah probably a daft idea, but your comparison doesn't hold up.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Quentin

Quentin Well-Known Member

I've seen quite a few 'sheds' (Class 66) in France, in EWS red paint. I don't know if they ever get as far south as Marseille, though. I assume they must be equipped with French safety systems.

• Like Like x 1
  10. nberneck99

nberneck99 Well-Known Member

I’ve ridden a 2N2 duplex between France and Germany before, as well as the ICE 407. It would be awesome to have the 2N2 as long as they did the requisite changes mentioned above to make it realistic.
    I’d prefer a Thalys frankly as it would add more variety with the single level cars.

On another note, I’d love to have a TGV Lyria route from France to Switzerland.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Articuno

Articuno Well-Known Member

Errrr you do realize that their are TGV Euroduplex fitted with PZB so they can run internationally for example they run on Munich-Augsburg line? It's not asking to put something on a line where it doesn't run its about adding the safety systems so it can correctly run on a line where it does in real life.

• Like Like x 1
  12. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

If the TGV in TSW has PZB in real life then it should be included anyway but as I believe that particular variation doesn’t have PZB because it doesn’t run outside France then it shouldn’t be added, and certainly not as a paid addition. Does it even have the correct power to run on HMA?

• Like Like x 1
  13. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

I know I just meant it has the same configuration of the "duplex" power cars (in the sense they are not the Reseau kind) and the single deck coaches, should have been more specific. Will edit my comment, sorry.

No, HMA is 15 kV/16.7 Hz while HMA is 25 kV 50 Hz

Maybe your example with the Talent was a bit too extreme but not incorrect, the 200 series TGV can only operate in France, so it should in the Simulator, I'm 100% positive for a Thalys PBKA/Euroduplex DLC but I wouldn't want PZB on a 200 series TGV just for the sake of it. If it has to be done, it has to be done right.

Same goes for the BR406, if we will get an LGV Est we must get the correct variants of the ICE3M with the KVB and TVM interface, not just a "TVM fitted ICE3M"

We do not have the Euroduplex in game currently.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
  14. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

They could more simply release the ICE 407 Velaro as an add-on and with it finance the upgrade to TVM and KVB on the previous ICE models, 403 and 406 too. Or something similar. And do the same with PZB and LZB, releasing for example the "classic" not Duplex TGV with the "old cab" model as add-on.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2020
  15. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Going for it. However at French-German Border stations like Forbach Paris Est-Saarbrucken-Mannheim-Frankfurt or the Faster Paris Est Strasbourg/Kehl-Karlshule-Mannheim-Frankfurt route which uses the Rhine Bridge as the voltage change and signal systems you'll be turning off TVM-430 & KVB 25kv 50hz then activating German PZB/LZB & Sifa which will then require the player to acknowledge Sifa alarms on their SNCF TGV Pos 2N2 and X73900 if the Strasbourg Saarbrucken routing is added as a DLC. If not your SNCF TGV POS 2N2 X73900 will stop. To make it realistic there must be an SNCF counterpart to the German Deutsche Bahn Sifa system. In the UK it's AWS DSD United States Alerter LIRR & NEC NJ Transit Metro-North New Haven Line SEPTA R2 Warminster Newark, DE & R7 Chestnut Hill East Trenton,NJ.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2021