[wrong Subforum, Please Ignore!] Minor Inquiry/request Regarding Tuesday‘s Q&a Stream.

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by TimTri, Aug 19, 2022.

1. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

Hey guys! I only just got around to watching the Q&A stream because I was on holiday until yesterday.
    During the broadcast, Matt and JD mentioned some relatively minor things they would update us on after the stream.

They include:
    • Are there any options for resolution on console?
    • Pictures of the automatic lighting transform system between TSW2 and TSW3 content.
    • New HUD element on Kassel-Würzburg (which was supposed to be shown during Thursday’s preview stream, but ended up not being talked about).
    The given timeframe in all cases was either “very soon” or even “tomorrow” (which would’ve been Wednesday, two days ago). However, I couldn’t find these promised updates/responses anywhere on the forums, including the dedicated Q&A thread in the Suggestions sub-forum.

Would appreciate if someone could point me in the right direction and/or provide these updates. Thanks!

2. whiteleyaj

whiteleyaj Active Member

The new HUD element was a pzb warning - suggestion of speed reduction and timer to make pzb easier for those who havent mastered it.
    Lighting has had a lot of negative reviews and some positive. It looked very bright on the stream. Some say the train looked fake / or not good on he track due to brightness. Volumatic clouds didnt seem to temper the light at he last station on the stream route the glare on the track made Lukas think it was snowing when it wasnt then quickly said the sun can glare o the tracks - yet the sky was full of cloud coverage so how was so much sunlight getting through.
    Adding to the light issue the new "eye adjustment light thingy" going out of a tunnel look ok - But going in was completely wrong. There was a glare of bright blue light which is strange when entering darkness then the light slowly faded away - where most assumed it would go dark quick and then lighten slowly as your eyes adapt to darkness. The baking of the track outside each tunnel entrance was blue too. Unsure why. It was a Dev build so I hope its that but fear its not.
    Im not sure about resolution butt Im verging on No. Especially if you mean hdr etc....

I was looking forward to TSW3 but the more they big up tweaks and improvements they are't all reflecting well in the streams. Volumatic clouds were good but as I said didnt seem to affect the sunlight. Dynamic weather seemed good - clear day went to rain then storm on the stream.