Wsr Class 33/52 For Railtours (bml + Other Routes)?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by mattwild55, Aug 15, 2021.

1. mattwild55

mattwild55 Well-Known Member

Appreciate there's been no hint of this yet but it would be nice to be able to drive the Class 33 and 52 from West Somerset Railway on any Brighton Main Line railtours (and the others) rather than just the usual suspects from NTP/TVL.

Is there some technical reason why this hasn't been done before now (maybe incompatibility with the mk2 carriages or similar, not on a real-life level but in the background of TSW)?

It would be cool to have a railtour with the mk1 carriages as well from WSR as well as the usual NTP mk2 rake.

Also, I noticed that in the notes for the forthcoming update, it says that stopping points on the WSR route have been adapted so that DMU services can use them. I'm very much assuming that there will be no further loco releases for WSR as it's been a long time since release, but is there an intention to perhaps layer in the Class 101 from NTP or TVL as a service in the new timetable?

I guess we'll find out when the update drops!

• Like Like x 4
  2. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

Yes, there will be class 101 services on WSR when the update releases next week. Not sure which pack (NTP, TVL or DLGW) it will use though.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. Kim1087

Kim1087 Well-Known Member

I would love to use the Class 33 & 52 on the rail tours I would also like to see some Mk 1 coaches that default to Air Brakes in
    British Railways Crimson lake & Blood and Custard to be used in place of the Mk11 ones

• Like Like x 1
  4. formulabee#1362

formulabee#1362 Well-Known Member

TVL

5. Ben_Broomfield

Ben_Broomfield Well-Known Member

Definitely agree, although heard in the past its 'limited' by the way the brake modes are setup on those locomotives, which is a shame.

6. anarchy99

anarchy99 Well-Known Member

Really looking forward to the release of the updated West Somerset Railway this coming week (Thank you Adam and the preserved team). I agree it would be a nice touch to include the Class 33 and 52 from WSR on all railtours.

7. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

The 101 will be the 3 car from TVL. Looking forward to WSR tbf.

8. mattwild55

mattwild55 Well-Known Member

Have there been any more announcements about the WSR timetable changes or what we can expect? I'm guessing the 101 info was on a stream that I've missed and wondering what else was announced?

I'm looking forward to it, especially if there are some additional shunting or special service runs (eg. dining trains, railtours from the mainline etc)

9. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

I’m considering getting WSR , a good price as well . The only downside for me is the slow speed

10. Stephen Crofts

Stephen Crofts Well-Known Member

Drive it faster once in a while. Imagine it as the speed limits it might have been when a working line. (for completely bonkers runs wsr is great fun with the hst to let your hair down once in a while)

11. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

More locos to choose from in service mode. Class 31 for sure, dont know about others. Fingers crossed for 37,45 and 40 especially now we can repaint it. Working crossings. Extra services, TVL DMU and empty stock moves.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

It's because of how the brakes were set up, which were fixed with later locos. Whether the included trains are upgraded I do not know. The 47 is possible but I doubt the 33 (SimuGraph not set up by DTG) and the 52 (obsolete - you'll sadly have to pay money for the BR Blue version) will be fixed. And don't expect the Class 09 to be upgraded to the levels of the newer 08s.