Wuppertal Schwebebahn Add-on

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Combine Overwatch, Oct 18, 2019.

1. Combine Overwatch

Combine Overwatch New Member

Hello, this is a thread about the Wuppertal schwebebahn located in... well wuppertal (duh). It is a interesting concept and it already exists in the game, BUT it isn't playable. I would personally be really happy to see ths get added in the game. I mean just look at it:
    Anyways, I would be unimaginabley happy to see something like this added in the game, and obviously there will be some effort, but you already got some (low res) models of it, got train track models, and even some pieces of the track already done because of the Rhein-Ruhr Osten: Wuppertal - Hagen Route Add-On.

General
    Era: Modern-ish
    Length end to end: 13,3 km / 8,26 mi
    max speed: 60 mph
    # of passenger stations: 23
    Service types: Suspended, Commuter, Local,
    # of tracks: 1-2
    Electrified: Yes, completley electrified

Lines included at least partially:

Vohwinkel Schwebebahn - Oberbarmen Bf
    Oberbarmen Bf - Vohwinkel Schwebebahn

Suitable vehicles (among others):
    GTW 15
    GTW 72

Key Locations:
    Vohwinkel Schwebebahn
    Hauptbahnhof (Döppersberg)
    Oberbarmen Bf

Notice:
    I would also just like to mention that I got the template from thearkerportian, however I did not quite ask him for it so if he would like me to take my suggestion down that would be ok, and of course a big thank you to him. And also excuse my poor grammar, I am german.

• Like Like x 13
  2. thearkerportian

thearkerportian Well-Known Member

As much as I'd like a Schweb simulator, I don't want it from DTG. Such a unique system, they can only screw it up - I'm willing to take any bet on that.

• Like Like x 2
  3. thearkerportian

thearkerportian Well-Known Member

There is a simulator for Schwebebahn actually, but it's fairly crappy:

4. Combine Overwatch

Combine Overwatch New Member

Yeah, I know about the simulator, but you said it yourself, It's crappy and I could really use a good version of the wuppertal schwebebahn

5. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

This would be the most unique railroad they could possibly make for TSW. I guess it'd need some work on the physics engine, but it'd be pretty amazing. I hope someday the Schwebebahn would make its way into a TSW DLC.

6. markhazeldine

markhazeldine Well-Known Member

Just wanted to add my vote to this. It's a highly unusual line that I think would suit TSW's better graphics than TS classic rather nicely. I'd lump it in a similar category to the Island Line. A bit of a novelty and just very different. I reckon it would be quite fun to drive.

7. drnicktgm#1259

drnicktgm#1259 Well-Known Member

It would be very cool and these things are trains so why shouldn't it get added

8. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

I think this would be rather easy to make, the only thing in need of exploring is the sway in curves and when stationary. When you see Schwebebahn in a station, you notice it still sways a bit and that might be a bit difficult to make.

• Like Like x 1