Xbox Time For Black Friday Sale

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by OMW1993, Nov 27, 2020.

1. OMW1993

OMW1993 New Member

hi all

Does anyone have an anticipated time for the mentioned Black Friday deals to appear on Xbox? Keen to pick up a couple of bits if they’re in the sale.

happy Friday
    cheers

• Like Like x 1
  2. JazzyGeofferz

JazzyGeofferz Member

The base game has been part of the XBox Black Friday sale for a week now. That's about all I've seen.

3. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

It's just TSW2020 Collector's Edition and TSW2 on sale.

4. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

The current Black Friday deals are for the core game only, we will however be offering more console sales soon and we will let you know when they are live.

• Like Like x 1
  5. tubefan1973

tubefan1973 Well-Known Member

when the next one happens can we get a discount for arguably the least selling route of Oakville Subdivision (and can we have a hint as to the next sale) is it already pencilled in the calendar? Is it before 2021? or are you saying the same old "soon" might be never?

6. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

Hopefully we get things that don't go on sale much or ever on Xbox like the Amtrak SW1000R and routes that are only available individually.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Dallas117

Dallas117 Active Member

Glad to hear it, I couldn't believe there was no add ons for sale in the Black Friday sale...

• Like Like x 1
  8. drdavewatford

drdavewatford Active Member

Excellent - I look forward to it! I have money to spend on DLC, but given how PC owners get frequent and deep discounts I'm not buying it at full price as a matter of principle, and I know others who feel the same.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Dallas117

Dallas117 Active Member

Ya and then when console does get it it's like 30% and PC gets 50%

10. jasonpfc

jasonpfc Well-Known Member

Well at least playstation gets another sale, xbox screwed again

11. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

If dtg and microsoft can't do a dlc sale atleast once a year we won't be the only losers,they will because a sale can make more money then lose money.

12. DTG Natster

Xbox will also be having a sale soon, I can't confirm exactly when that will be but the wait won't be too long.

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  13. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Great thanks for letting us know

14. Dallas117

Dallas117 Active Member

Oh I'll be waiting lol and man I better be impressed haha

• Like Like x 1
  15. SHINO BAZ

Well dtg or microsoft better shake a leg theres only 3 fridays left in the year,why did the word"Stalling"just come to mind?

• Like Like x 1
  16. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

I'm still waiting for the xbox sale which will be soon (tm), hopefully the 363 will have a decent discount... I don't feel like paying 1€ per service :)

• Like Like x 1
  17. SHINO BAZ

It will be a blue Christmas without any tsw2 dlc sales,with no new dlc under the tree,just tears for you and me,it will be a blue blue Christmas....(wheres my tissue box,just in case?)

• Like Like x 5
  18. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Any news? Could we know at least wheter there are discounts this year or will they be next year? (the usual Easter discounts).

Last edited: Dec 8, 2020
  19. SHINO BAZ

It's been atleast 8 months since the last time xbox tsw dlc had any sales,somebody please tell microsoft and dove tail games to quit there pathic finger pointing BS and have a sale while we who support you game are still alive to buy it.

• Like Like x 1
  20. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

I understand your frustration, I really really do... but that's not fair, we had a small discount some time ago (when I picked HRR, but it was a very modest one)... hopefully the "not too long wait" will be over soon... hopefully before the end of year as usual we can't do anything about it as poor customers... we just have to accept it.

21. SHINO BAZ

Here's a shocking fact i'm not the one who started this thread,it's refreshing to know someone other then me would like a tsw2 dlc sale before 2020 ends.

• Like Like x 1
  22. pinxtonpaws

pinxtonpaws Guest

There are *some* TSW routes on sale now with discounts ranging from 20% - 50% but sadly no trains as of yet. Nothing of real interest for me because two of the remaining four routes I don't own aren't listed and I have no desire to buy HMA (ever) or IoW (at only 20% off). Bah humbug...

Peninsula Corridor 50%
    East Coastway 40%
    HMA 20%
    IoW 20%
    RSN 50%

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  23. SHINO BAZ

So this is the big tsw2 dlc sale,i don't know if we should be shocked or insulted by this,It is going to be a blue blue christmas after all,well at least i can spend my holiday funds on jumbo box of tissues because crying is all i got left,after this very depressing news.Maybe 2021 will be better because 2020 has been a miserable a year for just about everything you could think of.Well at the very very very least rivet games arosa line might be the one bright spot for tsw2 next year other then that there isn't much left to look forward to for me.

• Like Like x 1
  24. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

TSW2020 standard edition and TSW2 deluxe edition on sale too.

It is disappointing that sales are on TSW2 preserved collection routes when they could've just offered TSW2020 versions that give you both. Is this how it's going to be now? That has locked out anyone on Game Pass with TSW2020 from taking advantage of these route sales. I actually bought more routes on sale when I only had the game through GP.

25. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Oh... that's why I didn't see them... I own all of them (except HMA which funnily enough is the only route I didn't check) that's why I didn't see any discounts when I checked earlier *facepalm

But at least finally some discounts... might think about HMA thanks for the heads up :)

I think I'll get the BR155 at full price at this point... shame no LIRR sale.

ECW is an amazing deal at 40% if someone doesn't have it yet.

• Like Like x 1
  26. steamfan

steamfan Member

All and all not too shabby, but not worth the long long wait. Xbox has also never had 55%, 60% or more discount.:(

• Like Like x 1
  27. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

I know literally nothing on my wishlist is on sale ahahah... too many loco add-ons

28. JonnE

JonnE Well-Known Member

At least RSN is included. This is a wise choice in my opinion, since the two recently mentioned additional loco DLCs (plus the older 155) are sticked to it. Players who joined only since TSW2020 or older now don't have to buy nearly 50€ to get a chance to drive the 155 or 363 - good.

I hope I won't forget to give it a go this evening. :)

29. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

RSN is a great route, just keep in mind I get about 18 FPS in some area with clear wheater on my old standard XBOX One, so I'd reccomend using always adverse weather to force an even smaller drawing distance if you have the same hardware as I do... I'll go and buy the BR155 meanwhile ehehe

30. pinxtonpaws

pinxtonpaws Guest

The one thing that puzzles me is that DTG have always maintained that they can only have a sale when Microsoft say so... So on this occasion was it Microsoft saying; "yes, but only five DLC items" or DTG just taking an opportunity to just drip feed a few routes in the hope that people take some full price stuff as well? Sure, some of the newer stuff is on sale but the compromises HMA has had to endure to put it onto console combined with it's overall performance just makes it so unappealing and £16 still equates to nearly £2 per driven mile between Ryde and Shanklin so unless you're really, really desperate to play something different it doesn't even come close to representing value for money.

Also, for a new user (or someone maybe looking to move on from Gamepass TSW) RSN + Peninsula combined isn't a particularly good deal because for a mere few pounds extra you can buy a brand new physical copy of TSW2020 CE and receive SIX routes for your troubles.

• Like Like x 1
  31. DTG Natster

You are correct that we give you sales and discounts when we are offered them from Xbox.

But we can't always offer absolutely anything we want. We are sometimes required to meet a criteria they are asking for, for example when you see core game sales only.

• Like Like x 3
  32. pinxtonpaws

pinxtonpaws Guest

What's the criteria when it comes to addons? I can understand the variation in discount percentages (older content less appealing or valuable etc etc) but what i'm struggling to understand is why, if it is a case of meeting criteria, Microsoft on this occasion are allowing DTG the freedom of discounting every single route specifically developed for TSW2 but only three routes for TSW2020...and no trains for either. Maybe i've misread and it's actually called a "start your expensive engines on a selected few cheap(ish) routes" sale.

The other thing that I can't quite get my head around is why continue to price older addons so expensively in the first place and kind of force people to waiting for a sale? Call me a thicky female (ex) northerner if you like but (especially) with TSW2020 being on gamepass and more importantly being accessible to a casual audience, wouldn't it make far more sense to sell these addons at a price that (a) reflects their age and (b) gives gamers an incentive to build on their collection in such a way that they may continue to support the game beyond the base content. Even more so when you consider that it's not just DTG who are adding content to TSW2 so as the library increases much quicker people are going to be even less inclined to choose £24.99 old over £24.99 new. Besides, who in their right mind still goes out and pays £49.95 (RRP) for FIFA 19?

I guess age depreciation hasn't quite reached castle Dovetail yet.

• Like Like x 2
  33. seth

seth New Member

Nothing I want ever seems to go on sale. I've been waiting a year now for BR Heavy Freight, Tees Valley, and SW1000R. I've also been waiting for the MP15DC and more than $2 off on the Baby Bullet for quite a while, and recently added the DB BR 204 and 363 to my list. Could have got all but the last 2 if there was just a sale equivalent to what playstasion and steam got for Black Friday.

• Like Like x 1
  34. drdavewatford

drdavewatford Active Member

Thanks for offering us a few discounts this week - appreciated. Admittedly none of the DLC on my wishlist is included, or else it's still priced above what I'm willing to pay even after the discount, but hopefully some players will be able to take advantage of the 50% discount on RSN and Peninsula Corridor in particular - I have them already otherwise I'd buy those two like a shot.

I'd actually love to better understand the 'rules' for developers listing their products as part of Microsoft's 'Deals with Gold' promotion but I can't find anything online. Clearly different rules apply to different publishers, otherwise we wouldn't be seeing something Assassin's Creed-related on sale every single week while smaller developers like DTG are usually not represented. I'd have thought that it would benefit Microsoft to have as many third party games listed for sale every week as possible, given that they get a cut of sales, so it's surprising to hear from DTG that Microsoft allegedly restricts them from giving us more regular discounts. Ho hum.

35. Dallas117

Dallas117 Active Member

Ya I was waiting and waiting for TSW 2020 add ons, not a single one, that's so upsetting