PlayStation Y107 Pick Up And Set Out Keep Derailing

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by morph147, Feb 23, 2021.

1. morph147

morph147 Active Member

Happen to me about 3 times now in the sand patch grade on tsw2 at the same spot. When I go the long distance to couple 30 cars I end up derailing. I am going in about 3-5 mph which has been successful in the past so not sure what I am doing wrong and if this is a bug or if idk what I am doing. I have not had issues before this except for the occasional car that won’t couple automatically unless I got out and unlocked and locked the couple again

2. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

3-5 mph is really fast. Try about 1-1.5 mph

3. morph147

morph147 Active Member

will try this and post if it works

4. morph147

morph147 Active Member

So this sort of works. I didn’t derail but it didn’t auto couple. I had to try a couple times and then finally had to get out and run down and unlock and lock the couple by hand to get the game to recognize that it was good to go.

is this how it’s suppose to work or should it auto couple and not just bounce off

5. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

The couplers will only join automatically if they are both unlocked. This is why, when shunting, you should always unlock the locomotive's coupler, or the one on the attached car, not the car you are detaching. If you leave it locked then it won't autocouple the next time

6. morph147

morph147 Active Member

Ah this makes sense solicitr that’s what I been doing. I have been uncoupling the attached car and not the car that that is going to come it’s me