PlayStation Yellow Lights

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by byeo, Dec 20, 2018.

1. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

Is there a certain speed you should approach yellow lights at or is it just a case of be prepared to stop for a red after the yellow?

I’ve just been in the BR Class 66 and saw a yellow followed by another so I was expecting a red, thing is my momentum was tough to slow down in time and I ended up going through a red at 5mph thus I failed.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2018
  2. jasonpfc

jasonpfc Well-Known Member

Upto u how u drive through yellow signal ( but yes be prepared to be stopped by red signal) but in a class 66 i always start slowing almost instantly upon seeing a double yellow, as u said the momentun makes it harder to slow,

3. Puffing Nora

Puffing Nora Guest

I usually drop to about 60mph for double yellows in the class 166, then as slow as necessary to assure a safe stop in the visible area for a single yellow. I try to graduate the braking so that its a slow deceleration for efficiency and immersion. Hudless means that theres more caution and i never put the timetable at the expense of safety and signalling. Again.. immersion ;)

4. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

Thanks, I think I need to use the HUD less and pay more attention to the actual signals. The HUD doesn’t advise me of double yellows unless I’m mistaken, whereas the actual signals do..?

5. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

Correct. See an approaching yellow top right, look for the actual signal next to the track. You get used to it after a while

6. Puffing Nora

Puffing Nora Guest

Green is track speed limit, double yellow slow to 60, 30 for single yellow. Try it without a Hud or just the speed limit up. Youll like the increased focus on looking outside.

7. Spellbound

Spellbound New Member

Does speed limit really matter? I mean obviously it does irl and for sim purposes...Does it mean anything in terms of game mechanics?

I have been sometimes doubling the speed limit and have had no repercussions that I'm aware of (which is good lol)

8. Matzo

Matzo Active Member

As far as I'm aware, if your over the speed limit by more than 2, it stops measuring the distance traveled for the length of time your over, don't really do much apart from making distance related trophies much harder to attain.