Yes, The Sherman Hill Turntable Is Accessible!

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by LastTrainToClarksville, Dec 1, 2021.

1. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Well, up to a point, anyway. After starting a timetable session with a pair of SD40-2s, I ignored the instructions and maneuvered my way to the turntable, where I drove my trailing engine across the table and onto a storage track. Then I left it there and pulled back onto the turntable's deck:

SherHillTT-1.jpg
    And that, sadly, was where my adventure ended: as soon as I sat in the engineer's seat, my only option was to begin driving a different session. I promise that this won't be my last attempt!
    Before surrendering, I did take another screenshot:

SherHillTT-2.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  2. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Nice cool details and in service mode is there a dead locomotive that you can start up? In Sand Patch Grade there are 1-3 locomotives sitting there by the turntable that you can cold start

3. hyperlord

hyperlord Well-Known Member

I quite like your attitude ;-)

• Like Like x 1
  4. LastTrainToClarksville

There aren't any locos in the immediate vicinity of the turntable. However, as stated in my OP, there is a pair of SD40-2's available relatively close that can be driven to the turntable, but they are "committed" to a timetable session and revert to it eventually.

I'll look around for other available engines and invite others to do so as well.

5. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

Try the free roam scenario.

• Like Like x 1
  6. LastTrainToClarksville

Now, why didn't I think of that! -- Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  7. LastTrainToClarksville

Again, thanks, Anthony Pecoraro. I selected the Sand Box (free roam) scenario; but instead of boarding one of the nearby locos, I walked over to the turntable and found a lone SD70-2 on one of the radial tracks. After rotating the TT to its track and starting the engine, I slowly moved forward onto the table. So far, so good. Rather than rotating my engine to another track, however, I decided try to pulling into the roundhouse. The doors were closed, but sometimes that's not a barrier to driving straight through them. Not in this case! As soon as the engine's snout touched a roundhouse, derailment!

More TT adventures to come?? wait and see.

• Like Like x 1