1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

York - Retford Freight. Two Ai Trains Collide Ending Game

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by deltic1954, Sep 13, 2019 at 6:49 PM.

1. deltic1954

deltic1954 New Member

Collision.jpg Hi. Has anyone else had this problem? I have found a bug when on the York - Retford Freight (Career) scenario in York - Peterborough Modern (Complete). When approaching Doncaster there is a fatal arror in the game, caused by two AI trains colliding somewhere remote. This is, of course, outside of my control, but causes the game to abort. Is there a workaround or bug-fix for this?? Maybe one of the AI trains could be deleted? I have more information on the trains involved and location if needed. Thanks

Last edited: Sep 14, 2019 at 11:58 AM
  2. DeanO55

DeanO55 Member

Is this the first time you have played the scenario?
    A lot of times when these minor AI faults happen it can be re-run successfully on a second try.
    Try to leave your first stop on time and keep up with time as that can have a big affect on some AI timings along your line. Don't forget that most, if not all junctions will be held for you and if an AI train has been held up because you were too slow then they often can't deal with that delay and can get lost and will crash.
    When writing a scenario we can only tell them where and when, not if or maybe. So if you force an AI driver to miss his time/target he will just sit in the path of the next train not knowing what to do and BANG AI collision.