Your Feelings About Train Sim World 2

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by montes_1234, Dec 1, 2020.

?
  1. I think that everything is well and that nothing should be changed

4.9%
  2. Satisfied but would like to see more effort been put toward improvements

81.7%
  3. I'm not satisfied and think that the game needs big changes

13.4%
  1. montes_1234

montes_1234 Well-Known Member

Do you think that the game needs some changes or in your opinion everything feels OK?

• Like Like x 1
  2. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

I've just voted for Satisfied but would like to see more effort been put toward improvements.

I just feel that TSW2 could offer so much more than what we're currently getting. To me it's like we're getting an incomplete game, whether that be base game features which need implementing or improving or route dlc which needs to be given more time when in development. I can't put my finger on one thing and say's that's the main issue, it seems to be multiple smaller issues which make me feel like this.

I love the game and want it to do well, but do feel it's lacking that something which stops it from raising it's game (pardon the pun).

• Like Like x 6
  3. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

You said everything I had in my mind, I voted the same.

4. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

I would have liked to have seen another option. Something like "happy with things so far but there are things I would like to see improved and implemented". Somewhere between the top and middle one I suppose.

The phrase "would like to see more effort put into improvements" seems to imply that they aren't putting much effort in, and, I would say that they are making an effort. Maybe not as much as some would like but it is all subjective. I can't imagine many will vote for the top one, I am a fairly ardent supporter of TSW but there are always things you want to see added or bettered.

But I have voted for the middle one as it fits my views the closest but not entirely!

• Like Like x 7
  5. michael hooley

michael hooley Well-Known Member

A bit like the curate's egg, brilliant in parts.

In my opinion the only improvement over TS2021 is the Graphics.

In most other departments it is inferior.

Mike

• Like Like x 3
  6. Shaun123

Shaun123 Well-Known Member

I voted for Satisfied but could be improvements.

Excellent for me, really enjoyable, never played any German routes until TSW, and now I prefer them over UK ones!

There’s a few bugs, are they game breaking for me? Not really.

There are improvements that need to be, and DTG have acknowledged some.

It’s worth noting I don’t even have TS2021 installed anymore now, TSW2 all the way for me!

• Like Like x 2
  7. Alexandra

Alexandra Active Member

That's the trouble with forced choices, isn't it? I'm very happy with the game, play and enjoy it a lot. But Choice 2,
    the closest option to representing my view, implies insufficient effort devoted to improvements and my impression is that over the past 90 days DTG has striven to improve as well as ironing out a legion of wrinkles.

So I'm not voting.

• Like Like x 3
  8. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Middle option for me too.

9. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

Me too.

10. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

If we're going to have polls, I think we need to phrase the options more objectively. None of these statements makes much sense to me. Of course, the game is not completely "well ", in that there are bugs we'd all like fixed and features such as a consist editor, dynamic weather and steam we'd welcome. But I think it's totally unfair to suggest there is a lack of effort from the developer. And you may think the game needs "big changes " but, like me, you are satisfied it's going in the right direction and they will come eventually. It's difficult to make major changes when you have to remain playable on such a wide variety of platforms from minimum PC's and older consoles to super duper machines and the latest PlayStations and X Boxes.
    For myself, I'm having a great time with TSW2. Yesterday, I ran my first HMA scenario and surprised myself by enjoying the high speed, which I had "poo pooed" in previous posts, though I'm still firmly a US freight aficionado.The game has so much potential and I'm sure the features and bug fixes we want will come in due course.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  11. theorganist

Quite right. The middle option was always going to be overwhelmingly chosen as most won't choose either the extreme options. More variations on the middle option would give a clearer picture as I don't think the poll really tells us anything.

• Like Like x 2
  12. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

I personally wish (as much as train driving allows )more variety in the misssions. I’m not a big fan of services and please correct me if I’m wrong but nothing seems different in them. If I run one a to b service it’s the same later in the day just a later time. Not aware of any breakdowns etc,....? Can anyone whose played 50-60 of them day if they are different?

Take bakerloo, 400 services. I can’t see much variety.

I bought tsw2 on steam having moved from Xbox so I’ve not seen much different yet other than losing my collection from tsw1.

I just hope the true tsw2 content perks up a bit. I feel the sell on the traction model was a bit much in hindsight, it’s not as game changing as I thought.

happy with game but it’s underused due to the above

• Like Like x 1
  13. theorganist

I suppose the service mode is to try and recreate something close to real life, I guess for a real Bakerloo line driver if they were driving at 8am or 8pm it is the same journey just different time of day and different amount of footfall. Of course, in real life, events can often mean that the journeys wouldn't be the same, signal failures etc. I personally mainly use service mode as it can be moulded to a certain extent to time of day and weather conditions. I would, however, love to see the possibility of random events happening to make the journeys unpredictable.

• Like Like x 2
  14. krustynuggets

krustynuggets Well-Known Member

One thing I'd love to see happen in game is a few scenarios that take you to the far edges of the map some routes have whole yards or siding complexes with working points and everything, but are locked away by non manual points on the main line, people might cry about the length of the lines but the potential is huge with what they have if the full extent of the available track is utilized, hopefully the scenario planner evolves in to something that enables you to create full use of the game world,

15. Tomas9970

Tomas9970 Well-Known Member

I voted for "Satisfied but would like to see more effort been put toward improvements" because I think that there should be better support for running with no HUD. At the same time, I quite like the game for what it offers and don't feel ripped off or anything like that.

16. w.lichko

w.lichko Well-Known Member

Train sim world is in its best state right now, it has a promising future and will only continue to gradually get better. I still feel this game has so much unfulfilled potential, it would be a such a shame for it to be wasted.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

I am satisfied with TSW 2 and there is always room for improvements.

18. BR125

BR125 Well-Known Member

its ok, but its nothing ground breaking. They are playing safe and not pushing boundaries (or they lack the talent - theyve had 4 years already)

• Like Like x 1
  19. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

Once again - another poll that I can not answer because to choices are slanted.

First choice is a Polly Anna choice that is oblivious to any of the problems, bugs, design choices and limitations in any software.

The second is stating it is OK but they are not put enough effort into fixing the problems, both perceived and real. With the numerous fixes, the improved communications and increased interaction with the community - I am satisfied with their efforts and the improvements I am seeing. Of course I would want to see that trend continuing.

The third is not where I see the franchise so not an option for me either

So put me half way between the 1st and 2nd choice in the poll.

• Like Like x 3
  20. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

TSW2 is a good game and I do love the game but I think the game does need some improvements to it. In terms of content I think it's great except for the audio issues on preserved collection which shouldn't have happened if they had the audio files from tsw2020 and all they needed to do was transfer the files from tsw2020 to tsw2. The game could use some new features in the timetable mode such as broken singals, passengers holding doors at stations, doors getting stuck at stations, taking a train out of service because it broke down or had a mechanical problem, maybe a tree falling on the tracks or a power failure or at least have the option for those things to happen because in reality driving from a to b or doing back and forth services isn't always smooth sailing.

Another thing that they really do need to improving on is to release dlc in a good state. When a new game is released it will usually have bugs. That's normal in the gaming industry. The problem with dtg is that they continue to release routes that have bugs that are clear as day that it begs the question on how was it released like this. They say that they test their routes but that is not reflected in the finished product when you have bugs that are clearly clear to the human eye. Recent history has shown as well that they won't even bother fixing some bugs in their game like the long island railroad tunnel giltch in tsw2020 but I am glad that they fixed it in tsw2. They continue to release some products in a not so good state which causes customers to complain and give their routes negative reviews which in turn may cause potential customers to not buy the product at all. Alot of the Preserved collection has so many audio issues that it makes it pretty much unplayable for players like me. If the higher ups gave the developers more time to make sure things aren't released in a good state, people wouldn't be complaining and getting frustrated all the time. It's a win win for everyone.

I voted for satisfied but more effort toward improvements because this game needs to be improved. There is room for it and I hope they do so eventually. This is a good game and I really do like it but they need balance releasing dlcs and improving/adding to the core of the game :)