Class 52 On Wsr, Where Is The Tpws Lever?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by J4mes, Oct 14, 2019.

1. J4mes

J4mes Member

Firstly, is there a Manual for this Loco anywhere on the Forum, I have seen there are a couple already in circulation for different locos already? If not could anyone help me after my little issue that is detailed delow.

Had a go last night on WSR with the 52 scenario where you take the Railtour back to the mainline via the Norton Fitzwarren Triangle. When I started at Minehead, got everything set to go and decided to try and activate the TPWS. After going through all the dash switches and failing to find it, I then discovered the lever down the side of the Drivers Seat which was in the Unisolated position (arrow facing down), I also found the switch in the corridor behind the cab door which I set to the on position (labeled DSD I think).

Everything set ready to go, released Brakes , applied Throttle to get going, then before I knew it Ear splitting alarm, little yellow ! in the HUD lit up and wouldn't turn off when I hit the Acknowledge button. This of course bought the damn thing to a complete stop!!! Managed to reset and then restart again only to get as far as the Level Crossing before it done the same thing again and wouldn't recognise the acknowledge button again!!!

After deciding that it was broken, I disabled the switch in the corridor and managed to complete the journey, albeit late after the unplanned incidents at Minehead.

Thanks for your helpful inputs and indeed advice on hoe to resolve this slightly annoying problem.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2019
  2. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Yes, unless you have a keyboard plugged in and can press Q. You need to stand up,sit down then acknowledge. You will only have to do this once.

3. J4mes

J4mes Member

Thanks for the reply Rob39,

So what I have done in the past with the various switches and lever in the past is correct to a fashion? All I was missing was the stand up and sit down to actually get the damn system working!! What about the DSD pedal under the desk, how do I operate that? is that tied into the Desk Acknowledge button? Does that then get the TPWS Sunflower to show rather than the blank black disc?

Thanks

4. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Aws is located to the left of the drivers seat on the floor (a cylinder with a lever either side of it ( a cab change lever and an aws isolate lever) if I remember correct. Once youve pulled these then you get the aws alarm where you then acknowledge with Q on keyboard or circle on the PS4,controller. The DSD pedal is activated via a switch on the back cab wall (otherside of the internal cockpit door. Its also only in one of the cabs so if you cant find it, it maybe in the other cab end) thats why you stand up sit down ans acknowledge at the start. So the game knows youre on the pedal.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  5. J4mes

J4mes Member

Thanks Rob39, I tried this the other night and it all worked fine. Just need to find a way of getting this Loco out on the Mainline after the Triangle!!!

6. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

I know. I think its coming. On GWE anyway.

7. J4mes

J4mes Member

Oh really? This has sparked my interest a bit more!! Any more light that you could shed on this.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Nothing from me. Im just a consumer. Getting WSR stock on the GWE has been mentioned a number of times. Both on the forums and by DTG.

9. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

I really really hope this is a thing

10. J4mes

J4mes Member

Me too, this would be good and it would also give a chance to see what that class 52 could really do once it's not restricted by the 25 mph limit!

11. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

Lets also stick the 33 on there while we are at it ;-)