PlayStation Anybody Unlocked Any Mastery Rewards On Ps4?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by TinTin_57, Nov 6, 2019.

1. docsnyder1911

docsnyder1911 Well-Known Member

I will go back to my normal TSW playing. Each time an other route with an other Loco. That is the most enjoyment for me.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

Good news. Just be aware that some trains on the Mastery routes are still not tracking properly/consistently (M7, 185.2, HST).

• Like Like x 2
  3. k4rlovc4n

k4rlovc4n Active Member

There are some good things to do when you start all over again, which is to know how to ride all the trains without a problem after lvl 230! It's fun, trust me, it's real! ;):cool:

• Like Like x 2
  4. Thunderer

Thunderer Well-Known Member

LIRR still not tracking :( Compare this with my previous post on page 2:

Capture.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  5. Factor41

Nothing's changed for a while now. If you're chasing Mastery, the NTP Tier 1 ones seem to all be tracking, and you can do the 146.2 part of MSB. I'm avoiding the ones which specifically don't currently track (M7, 185.2, HST) to avoid pushing their levels up too far before they fix it, and concentrating instead on the PSN trophies until this whole shambles is sorted.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

How is tracking so inconsistent. We have the same console, same game. HST tracked an intro, apart from that Ive done Westworld 4 times, Aggregate industries and nothing.:|

• Like Like x 2
  7. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

I've given up. Instead I completed the whole of the Class 31 Journey mode as I've been really enjoying that. I only need 11 more miles in the 31 also to get the final trophy

• Like Like x 1
  8. Factor41

I think the tutorials are more likely to track - I'm pretty sure the ones I tried worked on HST and M7, but none of the services have for those trains for ages, so in that respect it is consistent!

I've not even touched TSW for a couple of days now. The upshot of all this Mastery dicking about is that I'm less incentivised to play the game than I was before it was introduced. Not sure that's the effect they were going for. Doesn't seem like a fix should be taking them so long - it's essentially just counting and passing a very small amount of data to a server, which most games seem to manage without any such trouble.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Bkulesza

Bkulesza Member

I hear you Factor, feeling very un-incentivized lately.
    I've done 3 services over the past few days:
    First, a 37 service on TVL. This tracked on the website. Second was a HST from LP to Reading. Nothing tracked. Lastly, I did a service on NTP from Leeds to Manchester with the 45. Nothing tracked.
    I've been trying really hard to not feel any kind of way about all of this, but i find it difficult to even play for fear that I will need to go back & re-do services that I have already completed. Presuming that they will implement Mastery for the other routes in the future & that they will work. Currently at level 308, I really don't want to start over from scratch. I'm venting...
    It all boils down to some questions for me:
    Will my current progress be retroactively applied to Mastery?
    Also, for Mastery to count, or track, do I need to do a fresh service, or one I have never attempted? Are repeated services counted?
    I've read so many posts about Mastery & I'm still pretty unclear on the facts. Sorry, of course, if this has all been covered and I missed it.
    Thank you!

• Like Like x 4
  10. Bkulesza

Bkulesza Member

While I appreciate the upvotes, has anyone got any insight regarding my questions?

• Like Like x 1
  11. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Your guess is as good as anybody else's. If it worked correctly somebody might know the answer to your questions. As far as I've read nobody knows and the people who made Mastery are keeping tight lipped on it and on the fact that it doesn't work properly. I would assume that if something has not tracked when you do it then it will not track retrospectively either. My take on Mastery is to forget it's even there and hopefully one day they will either fix it of remove it from the game entirely.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

I have got no progress on Mastery on any route in any train. This is hopefully a joke...

• Like Like x 2
  13. Lion-Face

Lion-Face Member

I'm about half way through stage two of the mastery for NTP. Currently 10/20 Services, 2/5 scenarios, 250miles complete and 4/10 route levels gained. Appears to be tracking fine for me.

I did purchase WSR in the sale since completing the first NTP mastery stage, and that has been stat tracking on my profile fine in terms of miles run in different trains and jobs completed.

I know this isn't of any help, but I guess it shows it does work fine in some cases? Why it's working for me and not others is a mystery. The only thing I can imagine is dropping net connection during a session and it not recording? I don't know why that would be the case but just a thought.

• Like Like x 2
  14. TinTin_57

Out of interest when did you start playing TSW? I wonder if its something to do with profiles that have been created for some time vs ones that have been created fairly recently (clutching at straws I know until we get a DTG answer, if at all)

• Like Like x 1
  15. Lion-Face

Lion-Face Member

I picked up TSW 2019 last year in November from memory, basically a year ago. Played it through till end of January (not long after NTP release) where I didn't pick it up again until September/october this year. So after TSW2020 release but just before mastery was introduced.

So I guess it is a net issue. As it seems inconsistent, and because the game doesn't retroactively apply mastery awards, it appears to have one chance to upload status at the end of a session, and if you have been dropped for whatever reason during your session, it doesn't record.

Im also just guessing, but based on how random it seems to work then doesn't for some players, the internet is the only random thing that is common across all players, as we are on the same console with the same game otherwise. Seems to have inconsistencies with PS trophies as well which I believe are server based(?)

• Like Like x 1
  16. matthewbguilford

matthewbguilford Well-Known Member

The introduction of the Mastery system has been a hard thing for me. I love the idea of working towards something that adds more life to the routes. I find when I hop on though I gravitate towards the four routes included in the mastery system because even though I want to drive RRO, I feel like I have more to gain from the Mastery routes. The big kicker for me is that the Mastery system doesn’t seem to be reliable. So I could run services on MSB but what’s the chance they will track? I hope this gets fixed soon because I would love to actually stick with these challenges, and from the looks of the Mastery page that pops up when you log in they plan on adding more routes to this.

• Like Like x 2
  17. TinTin_57

Yes, and the stats page on Dovetail Live is changing all the time so they are obviously still working on it. Can only hope that something is included in the winter patch that was talked about alongside the Brighton dlc

• Like Like x 3
  18. Joel Hazeldene

Joel Hazeldene New Member

I have unlocked the mastery challenges for completing all Tiers in Great Western Express and Northern Trans-Pennine.
    For some reason the Main-Spessart Bahn & Long Island Rail Road have stopped registering my progress half way. I'm unable to get pasts Tier 1 & 2.
    Any suggestions?
    Regards.

• Like Like x 1
  19. k4rlovc4n

k4rlovc4n Active Member

Same at me! :mad:
    After new update again! :(

20. matthewbguilford

I haven’t had any success getting my mastery challenges to track until yesterday’s patch and now I know MSB is at least tracking and my stats page is working as intended. I hope it’s fixed for everyone!

• Like Like x 1
  21. matthewbguilford

After the one service on MSB tracked earlier I completed multiple services on LIRR and they did not get tracked. I’ll check later to see if it updates!

• Like Like x 1
  22. TinTin_57

I also did an LIRR today and that did not track so it's still bust for me too

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  23. Factor41

I've just done a HST and the first WSR tutorial in the new Journey mode and neither is showing on my stats page. Just logged out, logged back in and am now doing a freight service on MSB so we'll see if that works. As it is, nothing seems to have changed on the Mastery front.

Edit: Confirmed - 185.2 services still not tracking even after log out/log in. Three sessions completed tonight and nothing has made it through to DTLive. :|

Screenshot 2019-12-11 at 22.45.11.png

Last edited: Dec 11, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  24. matthewbguilford

I know they are going to come out with more mastery challenges for other routes so I hope by then it will be straightened out! I love the idea of having these challenges I can work towards and that the reward unlocks scenery for the route is actually really amazing so I think it’s a great idea it just needs to be reliable.

25. TinTin_57

From tomorrow we’ll have a new set of trophies to aim for which hopefully WILL work. Mastery will have to be put on the back burner for me, too temperamental

26. matthewbguilford

After waiting a while I decided I’d try to complete a tutorial for MSB. Going on to check my mastery progress it actually took away the one service I completed that went towards my progress.

update-:(:(:(

Last edited: Dec 11, 2019
  27. TinTin_57

Ha ha now we know it's really broken

• Like Like x 1
  28. TChauvet

TChauvet New Member

After talking with DTL Support in terms of LIRR tracking in Mastery, I'm still having problems with Mastery tracking my progress with LIRR.
    Here is some of the dialogue;

Posted on: 24 March 2020 01:23 PM
    Hello Terence,

We've not had any similar reports in the last week so the issue appears limited to your account/device so please try backing up your progress to the PSN cloud and then deleting it off your system.

Once restored you may find data is now able to sync.

Kind Regards,

Daniel
    Dovetail Games Customer Support

Posted on: 17 April 2020 11:28 PM

Hello,

The game is still not tracking my progress on the LIRR after I done the following;

1. Logged out DTL in the game. (Just in Case)
    2. Moved all of the TSW 2020 Game Saves to PlayStation Plus Drive.
    2. Deleted the saves from the PS4 Drive
    3. Restarted the PS4
    4. Restore TSW 2020 saves from PS+ Drive to PS4 Drive
    5. Started the game and logged in to DTL
    6. Did a LIRR Service and it still doesn't track anything.

Terence

Posted on: 21 April 2020 09:37 AM
    Hi Terence,

Please ensure to update the game to the latest revision as this should help mastery track even when low bandwidth is available.

Kind Regards,

Daniel

Posted on: 04 May 2020 08:23 PM NEW

The game is updated to the latest revision.

I played a few services on the Pennisula Corridor and it was tracked and showing in the Stats Portion of the Mastery Page online but when I play LIRR it doesn't track anything!

Posted on: 07 May 2020 08:52 AM NEW
    Hi Terence,

I've not been able to replicate your experience this end so it could be related to one of the various Internet traffic issues being faced all over the world so please try again after outside peak hours.

If the issue persists then all I can recommend is waiting until the lockdown is over and our servers, as well as others, are under less demand.

Kind Regards,

Daniel

29. Lion-Face

Lion-Face Member

Thought i would update this post as I remember the convo from last year when I was on the forums.

Having given TSW a break for a few months, I jumped back on in the lockdown period and started running sessions again. While initially the game didn't record my stats, after a few days playing I have now completed NTP level 2 mastery. The black line is from the tv motion enhancer, so ignore that.

Gonna try GWE next, don't know why it works mostly for me. There have been a few hiccups, namely in the 'complete x services' one where it got stuck at 6, 9 and 13 completed but the rest ran smoothly. I have since read on here that exiting a service too quickly after completing may not track properly, but I have no solid answer as to why.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 1, 2020
  30. OnlyMe1909

OnlyMe1909 Well-Known Member

LOL, lucky you. I can't even complete the Tier 1's.
    MSB: everything tracks, except leveling up the 185.2. progress remains steady at 0/5
    GWE: everything tracks, except the 120 mph: remains steady at 0/1
    NTP: everything tracks, except leveling up the class 45: remains steady at 0/5
    LIRR: total crapshoot :), when it tracks, all 4 categories go up, but so far only 2 services tracked (I played at least about 30 :) )

31. Matzo

Matzo Active Member

Oddly enough, after the release of the M3 mastery on the LIRR has started tracking for me, nothing did before hand and none of the other routes still don't track... Completed level 1 of the LIRR but that's it, got a feeling it won't track any of the level 2 targets, gunna give those a go tommorow...

32. fabienlimp95

fabienlimp95 Well-Known Member

For me Mastery just became ridicolous. Exept the 'rewards' wich are all pretty pointless and non attractive (in my eyes) it just refused to working since release. Anyway, what is most dissapointing for me is that i already was on a high level for some certain trains so id would took me even longer to 'master' them. So in the end of the day, i feel like DTG should stick to other problems wich are more importent then some pointless rewards, that wouldnt even make the game more playable but performance updates would ( just for an example )

tl;dr Mastery in my mind is wasted time and energy from DTG. They should stick to known problems that are here for ages now.

• Like Like x 5