1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anybody Unlocked Any Mastery Rewards On Ps4?

Discussion in 'PS4' started by TinTin_57, Nov 6, 2019.

1. docsnyder1911

docsnyder1911 Active Member

I will go back to my normal TSW playing. Each time an other route with an other Loco. That is the most enjoyment for me.

• Upvote Upvote x 3
  2. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

Good news. Just be aware that some trains on the Mastery routes are still not tracking properly/consistently (M7, 185.2, HST).

• Upvote Upvote x 2
  3. k4rlovc4n

k4rlovc4n Member

There are some good things to do when you start all over again, which is to know how to ride all the trains without a problem after lvl 230! It's fun, trust me, it's real! ;):cool:

• Upvote Upvote x 2
  4. simongilford

simongilford Member

LIRR still not tracking :( Compare this with my previous post on page 2:

Capture.JPG

• Upvote Upvote x 1
  5. Factor41

Nothing's changed for a while now. If you're chasing Mastery, the NTP Tier 1 ones seem to all be tracking, and you can do the 146.2 part of MSB. I'm avoiding the ones which specifically don't currently track (M7, 185.2, HST) to avoid pushing their levels up too far before they fix it, and concentrating instead on the PSN trophies until this whole shambles is sorted.

• Upvote Upvote x 2
  6. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

How is tracking so inconsistent. We have the same console, same game. HST tracked an intro, apart from that Ive done Westworld 4 times, Aggregate industries and nothing.:|

• Upvote Upvote x 2
  7. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

I've given up. Instead I completed the whole of the Class 31 Journey mode as I've been really enjoying that. I only need 11 more miles in the 31 also to get the final trophy

• Upvote Upvote x 1
  8. Factor41

I think the tutorials are more likely to track - I'm pretty sure the ones I tried worked on HST and M7, but none of the services have for those trains for ages, so in that respect it is consistent!

I've not even touched TSW for a couple of days now. The upshot of all this Mastery dicking about is that I'm less incentivised to play the game than I was before it was introduced. Not sure that's the effect they were going for. Doesn't seem like a fix should be taking them so long - it's essentially just counting and passing a very small amount of data to a server, which most games seem to manage without any such trouble.

• Upvote Upvote x 1
  9. Bkulesza

Bkulesza New Member

I hear you Factor, feeling very un-incentivized lately.
    I've done 3 services over the past few days:
    First, a 37 service on TVL. This tracked on the website. Second was a HST from LP to Reading. Nothing tracked. Lastly, I did a service on NTP from Leeds to Manchester with the 45. Nothing tracked.
    I've been trying really hard to not feel any kind of way about all of this, but i find it difficult to even play for fear that I will need to go back & re-do services that I have already completed. Presuming that they will implement Mastery for the other routes in the future & that they will work. Currently at level 308, I really don't want to start over from scratch. I'm venting...
    It all boils down to some questions for me:
    Will my current progress be retroactively applied to Mastery?
    Also, for Mastery to count, or track, do I need to do a fresh service, or one I have never attempted? Are repeated services counted?
    I've read so many posts about Mastery & I'm still pretty unclear on the facts. Sorry, of course, if this has all been covered and I missed it.
    Thank you!

• Upvote Upvote x 4
  10. Bkulesza

Bkulesza New Member

While I appreciate the upvotes, has anyone got any insight regarding my questions?

• Upvote Upvote x 1
  11. stujoy

stujoy Member

Your guess is as good as anybody else's. If it worked correctly somebody might know the answer to your questions. As far as I've read nobody knows and the people who made Mastery are keeping tight lipped on it and on the fact that it doesn't work properly. I would assume that if something has not tracked when you do it then it will not track retrospectively either. My take on Mastery is to forget it's even there and hopefully one day they will either fix it of remove it from the game entirely.

• Upvote Upvote x 3
  12. Doomotron

Doomotron Active Member

I have got no progress on Mastery on any route in any train. This is hopefully a joke...

• Upvote Upvote x 2
  13. Lion-Face

Lion-Face New Member

I'm about half way through stage two of the mastery for NTP. Currently 10/20 Services, 2/5 scenarios, 250miles complete and 4/10 route levels gained. Appears to be tracking fine for me.

I did purchase WSR in the sale since completing the first NTP mastery stage, and that has been stat tracking on my profile fine in terms of miles run in different trains and jobs completed.

I know this isn't of any help, but I guess it shows it does work fine in some cases? Why it's working for me and not others is a mystery. The only thing I can imagine is dropping net connection during a session and it not recording? I don't know why that would be the case but just a thought.

• Upvote Upvote x 2
  14. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

Out of interest when did you start playing TSW? I wonder if its something to do with profiles that have been created for some time vs ones that have been created fairly recently (clutching at straws I know until we get a DTG answer, if at all)

• Upvote Upvote x 1
  15. Lion-Face

Lion-Face New Member

I picked up TSW 2019 last year in November from memory, basically a year ago. Played it through till end of January (not long after NTP release) where I didn't pick it up again until September/october this year. So after TSW2020 release but just before mastery was introduced.

So I guess it is a net issue. As it seems inconsistent, and because the game doesn't retroactively apply mastery awards, it appears to have one chance to upload status at the end of a session, and if you have been dropped for whatever reason during your session, it doesn't record.

Im also just guessing, but based on how random it seems to work then doesn't for some players, the internet is the only random thing that is common across all players, as we are on the same console with the same game otherwise. Seems to have inconsistencies with PS trophies as well which I believe are server based(?)

• Upvote Upvote x 1