Raildriver Support Now For Tsw

Discussion in 'Creators Club' started by crrispy, Dec 27, 2019.

1. crrispy

crrispy Member

Hi All,

As you might have seen elsewhere (Steam TSW forum, UKTS...), I have started working on Raildriver support for TSW. It is based on keyboard emulation using PI Engineering MacroWorks 3 and its associated scripts (more or less 1 script for each loco because they all have some different controls and behaviours, with a small supplied program to switch manually between locos).
    The current version is always available @ https://www.railsim-fr.com/forum/index.php?/files/file/1682-train-sim-world-raildriver-interface/

Currently supported in version 1.2: the locos of CSX Heavy Haul, Great Western Express, Main Spessart Bahn & Tees Valley. Next ones will be Northern Transpennine then Long Island Railroad.
    Please read carefully the readme file for instructions, limitations, etc... it's by no means perfect but already quite pleasant compared to keyboard/mouse only if you have a Raildriver.

Feedback always welcome.

• Like Like x 2
  2. StratPlayer62

StratPlayer62 Well-Known Member

I just tried this, however I've run into a problem. My MacroWorks 3 Launch file is located in

C:\Program Files (x86)\PI Engineering\MacroWorks 3.1 for Raildriver

And it looks like your program is expecting the file to be in

C:\Program Files (x86)\PI Engineering\MacroWorks 3.1

I have the folder MacroWorks 3.1 but nothing is in it, not sure why. I tried copying all of the contents of my folder MacroWorks 3.1 for Raildriver which contains the MacroWorks 3 Launch file, into the MacroWorks 3.1 folder, but it still isn't working.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  3. crrispy

crrispy Member

Hi,
    It's because you have the MacroWorks for TS installed, not the generic one which the readme file points to. Best would probably to install both if you still use MacroWorks for TS, then they will each live in their own directory without interfering (of course only lauch one at a time).
    In Help -> about, must be 1.1.2.11.

If you use CobraOne's program for TS, then you can completely remove MacroWorks for TS and only install the generic one.

4. StratPlayer62

OK thanks, I didn't catch that.

I'm not familiar with CobraOne's program. Is it different/better than MacroWorks program?

5. StratPlayer62

Well I downloaded and installed the version, but for some reason it won't run. The program starts, then sends up an error message saying there was a problem and to check the log file, however I can't find a log file anywhere. Guess I will take this up with PI Engineering.

6. crrispy

crrispy Member

The ErrorLog.txt is in C:\Users\(your user)\AppData\Local\PI Engineering\MacroWorks 3

7. crrispy

crrispy Member

Hi all,

Version 1.4 is online, with added support for Northern Transpennine locos & LIRR M7.
    Now time to play the game a little and refine settings if needed :)

Last edited: Dec 28, 2019
  8. StratPlayer62

Thanks, right where you said it would be.

9. crrispy

crrispy Member

So did you find the problem?

10. StratPlayer62

I read over the log but didn't see anything obvious, I sent it to PI's tech support.

11. crrispy

crrispy Member

Send me the log in pm, I'll see if I can understand what's going on.

12. crrispy

crrispy Member

Hello,

Several updates have been made with lots more locos, version 2.2 is available at the same place.