PlayStation Train Sim World 2020 - State Of The Game

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Vinnie, Feb 12, 2020.

1. Vinnie

Vinnie Well-Known Member

As of 02-11-2020 Update version 1.30.
    Regarding bug fixes and features to introduce, I decided to wrote a quick note about each route. This is intended to help players tracking issues on a comprehensive list, most of based on my experience with the game. If you aware of an issue not included, please let me know. (PS4)

Core game: Mastery not working properly for some players or not working at all.

NEC New York - Issues - ATS/Signalling system not properly implemented in some instances of the route (NYC Penn)
    Westbound Hudson river tunnel texture not loading correctly.
    Locotive sounds on the ACS-64 sometimes fail to play when applying power.
    TSW features missing: AI car traffic, Mastery.

Rapid Transit - Issues - Some PZB instances (not confirmed)
    TSW features missing: AI car traffic, Mastery, Talent 2 working destination displays, Freight services

Great Western Express - Issues - A few BR Class 166 services not registering the correct side of the platform when asking to open doors, you may need to open the doors on the opposite side in order to proceed.(needs more info regarding specific services)
    TSW features missing: Working destination displays

West Somerset Railway - Issues - Class 47 locomotive broken, producing less than a half of the correct power settings
    TSW features missing: AI car traffic, Mastery

Ruhr Sieg Nord - Issues - Map takes about 60 seconds loading in order to open, freezes the game. You may experience this issue on big yards like Hagen, or at the Hagen station.
    Some assets fail to load properly at distance(ex. Altena castle)
    DB BR 155 sounds completely fades out when entering tunnels, the entire game audio could be affected, pausing the game and returning could solve temporarily the issue
    TSW features missing: AI car traffic, Mastery, DB BR 185.5 MRCE livery on RSN.

Long Island Rail Road - Issues - Overall perfomance (mainly at some locations like New Hide Park and a couple more stations)
    Nyc Penn eastbound east river tunnel with 2 specific locations failing to load textures.
    Lack of signalling and boards at specific locations.
    M7 windshield constant light glare
    TSW features missing: Working destination displays.

Northern Trans Pennine - Issues - Players reporting crashes on NTP with heavy freight pack(although not 100% sure, this issue may have been fixed)
    Various sound issues affecting the BR Class 101 brake sounds, Br Class 40 engine sounds cutting out(BR freight pack)
    Class 47 locomotive still broken, producing less than a half of the correct power settings.
    Faulty signalling at specific locations and services(needs more data)
    TSW features missing: None

Main Spessart Bahn - (Needs Info. about Issues, I do not own MSB)
    TSW features missing: None

Tees Valley Line - Issues - BR Class 101 brake sounds failing to play at occasions
    TSW features missing: Mastery

Peninsula Corridor - Issues - GP38-2 engine and horn sounds cutting out
    Southbound AI trains leaving San francisco 4th & king street with headlights on at the Gallery Cab Car.
    Timetable inconsistencies (lacks info, service specif)

Rhein Rhur Osten - Issues - At Hagen yard the map takes about 60 seconds loading in order to open, freezes the game.(same as RSN)

East Coastway - Issues - Rail/flange squeal sounds completely missing
    Signalling faults at specific services
    AWS/TPWS faults alongt the route(needs info, specific locations)
    BR Class 377 windshield constant light glare(same as LIRR M7)

As of 02-12-2020 some issues may have been corrected with update 1.32*

Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
  2. synthetic.angel

synthetic.angel Well-Known Member

Well - this is an excellent post... and it is a sad indictment on DTG that customers now feel that it has become necessary to produce a list of bugs and issues. I think that DTG themselves should do this, as described here:

https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/forum-list-of-known-bugs-and-issues-poll.18278/

...and make the list publicly available. But I fully support you in starting something. I think that you'd need to create a spreadsheet to track this stuff though, and it would require a great deal of work - an ongoing community effort - to keep it going, and keep it current.

As an aside - I was quite interested to see your listings for RSN - I have been looking at this route in some detail recently, and I can confirm all of your observations/reports. I am half-tempted to forgive a lot of the serious performance issues on RSN, because it is an older route, and only because latter routes like MSB have clearly been built out to a higher optimised standard. That said, RSN is still openly on sale on the market, and as a key packaged route...., and if the performance issues at Hagen have carried over to RRO (which I do not own), then that is a very serious issue.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. -PjM-

-PjM- Well-Known Member

GWE - I still quite happily play this route but here's a couple of things I do find annoying.
    • Class 66 cab sounds are erratic. The (exterior) noises of the freight are incorrectly heard in the cab drowning out the locomotive sounds. Intermittently the sounds often cut out all together then return a little later.
    • Flashing double yellow signals to indicate a speed restricted junction/crossover are absent.
    The 00000 numbered HST power cars still exist but I've learned to live with that.

• Like Like x 2
  4. 4-COR

4-COR Well-Known Member

Jesus Christ, the class 47 is incredibly broken. You'd think that they'd notice that there's something wrong when a class 47 on full throttle is losing speed on a 1% gradient!

• Like Like x 2
  5. synthetic.angel

synthetic.angel Well-Known Member

I actually quite like the Class 47 just as it is, but then again, that's only because I imagine that I am in a Class 20.....

.....so for me it adds a bit of variety...... ;-P

EDITED TO ADD: More seriously, I have done runs with the 47 with loaded TEAs, up the hill out of Manchester on NTP, and had no real problem with it - it was able to accelerate on up to a 1.7% grade, and held steady at 1.7% to 2.1%, with the loaded oil tanks.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Plastic Pal

Plastic Pal Well-Known Member

7. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Guest

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2020
  8. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Guest

9. Doyden

Doyden Active Member

I am experiencing sound issues with GWE which previously weren't there when I purchased TSW a year and a half ago.

It's most noticeable in the Class 66 where one of the prominent continuous sound effects randomly disappears then returns in repeated brief blips before returning fully. I believe it's just the general rail/wheel noise. It's really distracting.

I say most noticeable in the 66 but I tried an HST run earlier and I even noticed it there too now although the actual sound is much fainter in that cab.

I haven't noticed this on any other route, just the widely reported disappearing brakes on the 101 on both NTP and TVL.

I think I read somewhere that with the Unreal engine, if the system is under stress then audio is one of the first things to suffer. Surely though the developers have the ability to prioritise each sound effect? It should be that any continuous samples should be the highest priority and for ambient noises to be absent in such situations. I can still hear passing trains when the rail noise is randomly coming in and out. I'd rather definitely hear all of the noises that the train I'm driving is making and occasionally not hear a tweeting bird or a passing train if the system is under significant load.

• Like Like x 1