Well Service Mode Is Broken...

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by John Murphy, Feb 15, 2020.

1. John Murphy

John Murphy Well-Known Member

Yeah, doing a run in Service mode on the LIRR route. I get the instruction to stop at Woodside. I leave Penn Station and when I get to Woodside...nothing happens. I'm at Woodside stopped on the objective marker and it still says to go to Woodside. This is the first time I've played TSW since the update and this is the first time I've seen this happen. I would say don't "fix" what isn't broken, but this game was already a mess in the first place. So I guess now I have to say don't break what's already broken even more.

2. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Did you open the doors on arrival?

3. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

I'm having no issues on PS4 - which platform are you on and which service specifically were you doing?

4. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

Somethings tells me you did not open the doors

5. John Murphy

Guess what...I did open the doors and nothing happened. It still said "Stop at location: Woodside. It didn't even give me the "unlock doors" instruction. I arrived at Woodside at the scheduled time and the game somehow just didn't register that I did. Also I noticed when I got to Woodside, there was no stop marker, even though I have stop markers turned on.

I know you're all gonna be like "Oh it can't be TSW! God forbid! You're doing something wrong!" Unfortunately no. I followed the instructions on the service exactly how I normally do and I wound up stuck in limbo at Woodside because the game didn't know I had arrived there. I tried this again yesterday with other services from other points on the route such as Hempstead and Atlantic Terminal and the same thing happened every time at the first stop I made. I would stop at the station at the scheduled time, nothing. I'd try opening the doors, nothing. I even tried it on other routes like GWE and NTP and I got the same problem. Like I said before, I didn't notice this problem until after the recent update. The game worked perfectly fine before then.

And for those who are gonna tell me to make a support ticket to DTG, yeah, that sounds like I good idea. I'm sure it must be because my freaking GPU drivers are out of date...even though I always keep them up to date.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2020
  6. John Murphy

PC, and scroll down to see what I was doing.

7. Michael Newbury

Not sure what to tell you it sounds as if you're having a real problem. I would say that it has nothing to do with your GPU or your computer drivers either. It sounds as if the update has done something to your game. I myself have not had any issues since the update and I am on PC just as you are.

I would suggest submitting a ticket as if it is the update that messed things up then DTG can resolve it.

8. John Murphy

I'm sorry if it sounds like I'm refusing help, but I'm not even going to waste my time submitting a ticket. They're just gonna go with the whole GPU drivers response and even if I compile a ton of evidence that it's a problem the update caused, they're just going to have a stubborn response, something like "We told you, it's your GPU drivers." or they'll just say "We'll pass it on to our development team..." and then nothing will get done about it.

But yeah, it's definitely something the update caused, because I didn't have this problem until after the update.

9. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

Have you tried re-installing the update (or verifying files or whatever)? Seems like when PC users experience random errors which others aren't seeing, this seems to be the thing they do which fixes it - I don't know how/where to do that because I play on PS4, but that's something I've seen a few times on these forums.

10. John Murphy

As a matter of fact, yes. That was one of the first things I tried. But unfortunately, no results.

11. Michael Newbury

I am not saying you're refusing to help, all I said was I do not think that it's your GPU and/or drivers that are the problem. By Submitting a ticket will help DTG because if others are having this problem there needs to be a fix for it.

12. SamYeager270

SamYeager270 Well-Known Member

Perhaps if you tell us which service you're running someone who has LIRR on the PC can run that service to determine whether it's a general problem or just confined to your system?

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  13. John Murphy

It happens with every service I try to run. It's not confined to a particular service or route.

14. DominusEdwardius

DominusEdwardius Well-Known Member

Can you get a video of it happening?