PlayStation Trophy Hunters

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Manfonse, Sep 1, 2018.

1. synthetic.angel

synthetic.angel Well-Known Member

Solution has now been published here:
    https://forums.dovetailgames.com/th...-workaround-tested-and-fixes-proposals.18340/

Let me know if you have already tried this - I had a look around the Forums, and I could not find anyone with my suggestion. I have found your PSN Trophy group, so I might drop a message there too.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Dynamite Andy

Dynamite Andy Member

Today's update fixed the peninsula collectables! Managed to get the last one that I needed (I already had 1 of 2 out of bound collectables). Completed the game again.

Looking forward to the next dlc now

3. MadEdders

MadEdders Active Member

I've not been in the action here for a while so I thought I may throw my trophy progress in here again.

I've done 1550km in the 155 which wasn't too terrible as I'm trying to kill off the 100 services on the MSB trophy and finally got the level 10 one on the 182 as well and working towards the 1820km for that loco.

I also bought Tees Valley the other day as well. Started on my profile which has my progress for the 1001 miles with the 101 on there and was worried some trophies wouldn't unlock. I have thankfully managed to get the tutorial trophies as well as those for the Tubeliner Diversion and Seaside Summer Special scenarios. However I did the Steelworks Shunting scenario and...nothing. I honestly hope I don't get to 1001 miles for the 101 only to not have it unlocked :(

4. xxhotwheelsxx

xxhotwheelsxx Member

If it helps you, the 1001 miles trophy popped for me post 2020 update. I too have just ticked off 1550km in the 155, but my feeling is that the 100 services on MSB may suffer the same fate as the other MSB trophies and not pop

• Like Like x 1
  5. MadEdders

MadEdders Active Member

xxhotwheelsxx Thankfully the MSB stuff for me is on a different profile, as it wouldn't unlock on my normal one. Will let you know what happens when I get 100 services :)

6. Manfonse

Manfonse Active Member

I am on LIRR and I’m at route level 12. But when I got to level 10 the Making Headway trophy should have popped.
    It has not popped for me. Any clues? How the LOVE do DTG get away with these Constant trophy issues?

Attached Files:

7. Dynamite Andy

Dynamite Andy Member

How goes everyone's trophy hunting?

Had a weird issue with the new dlc, I completed several services on the night time but didn't unlock the complete a service achievement, went to bed and tried again the next morning - no achievement again after trying several different profiles.

Then weirdly enough it popped whilst I was at work several hours later. Still pretty confused how it happened, but not going to complain.

8. MadEdders

MadEdders Active Member

I'm mainly doing the German routes at the moment, enjoying the new route! No problems trophy wise on that for me at the moment :)

Last edited: Oct 13, 2019
  9. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

Do you recommend the route MadEdders? I’ve been watching some YouTube of it but haven’t pushed the button yet. But, since picking up PZB I’ve got additional enjoyment out of the German routes

10. MadEdders

MadEdders Active Member

TinTin_57 Short answer is yes, but I think it depends what you're looking for. If you don't mind the shorter route (it takes no more than 40 mins on most), but you want variety as there's 2 different branches as well as local stoppers, semi-fasts and freights then it's a must!

11. Dave Mel

Dave Mel Well-Known Member

id recommend it as well. i think its worth it as it has 240 services altogether. the local stopping services can be monotonous but if you like doing them its ok. i like doing the freight and express passenger services, i just wish there was more of them

12. arron147

arron147 New Member

For the American Hauler trophies, does the 380 and 640 miles have to be done on a single train or can it be done over all 3 of them combined? Thanks in advance

13. Matzo

Matzo Active Member

Hello all,

Not been here for a while... Just wandering if anyone has managed to pop the "New Yorker Trophy" post 2020 update...

I completed all of the services for NEC ages ago, but since the update added a load more, I ploughed through them today, completed 252/231 services... (No idea why so many aren't counted) but no still no trophy...

On to LIRR for another 100 or so services... God I hope it works now.

14. arron147

arron147 New Member

Hi Matzo,

I got the New Yorker trophy on 27/10/19. I did it by doing the LIRR services as I'm working on getting the LIRR trophies at the same time. I got the game when the 2020 version was released back in August. Not sure if me starting after the 2020 update affected it but I'm yet to do all the NEC services.

Fingers crossed it works on the LIRR for you.

• Like Like x 1
  15. TinTin_57

Well I passed into level 21 for RRO (see screen) but didn’t get the reach route level 20 trophy. Will keep going in the hope it pops
    E2D65C85-CF5B-40EC-B3D6-C0597001D273.jpeg

16. xxhotwheelsxx

xxhotwheelsxx Member

Did this trophy ever unlock for you? I have just completed it and, as predicted, it doesnt work

17. TinTin_57

I did get that one but for the life of me I can’t remember how lol. I think it was either it popped when I did it via Journey mode, or I did it direct from the scenarios list. Try it both ways if you have time and just check that

18. xxhotwheelsxx

xxhotwheelsxx Member

Thanks mate. I have tried it via the scenarios menu, so will have a pop at it via journey mode and then will do the DTG suggestion of doing it on another profile (sigh).

19. pell316

pell316 New Member

Anyone with any tips on how to get the New Yorker trophy to pop? Done all the NEC New York services. Do i need to run all the Long Island ones too?

20. TinTin_57

I don’t think you need to do the LIRR ones but it’s possible that you may have to do the Amtrak Cab Car services as they run on the same route. Unfortunately that is a dlc and not one of the better ones! I got this trophy way before that dlc so can’t confirm myself but I’m sure someone will who has had the same pain (doing the standard NEC services deserves a medal in my opinion)

21. TinTin_57

How did you get on? Did said trophy pop in the end?

22. TinTin_57

Also if you look just above, Matzo was also trying to get this trophy

23. rainbirds

rainbirds Member

I got the New Yorker trophy after doing the 181 services in LIRR offline (no internt and a new profile).

My first atempt was online with the main profile and I got no trophy.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2020
  24. xxhotwheelsxx

xxhotwheelsxx Member

Yes this did pop for me, but I had to do it on a new profile unfortunately

• Like Like x 1
  25. TheCadManFan

TheCadManFan Well-Known Member

I don't have the New Yorker tropphy yet, though I have been putting more hours into TSW lately, but I am over the moon to know that I have to run them all over again offline and on a new profile (suprise, suprise).

I am not running them all over again.

26. TinTin_57

finally got this one today randomly while I was playing. Worth noting I am route level 24 so assumed this one was broken especially as 0.2% have it in the PS list

27. synthetic.angel

Good! I am working on another general theory for the trophy issue ("internet off" has worked for me for all but one, but there is still one missing....!).

28. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

So, I sent a ticket to DTG listed all of the Trophies I'm Owed (same as in my thread of the same name) and this is the bullshit response I got...

Yes, that's a link to this thread. So the official solution to trophies not being awarded appears to be "Try some things off the forum to see if you can make it work". Nothing about them looking into to fixing it, or adding some function to the software which will periodically check your trophy progress and try to award the ones that are complete, just to see if we can bodge our way through it, the way they seem to have bodged their way through setting them up in the first place.

Thanks for that, guys.

• Helpful Helpful x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  29. synthetic.angel

Oh wow. That's pretty clear. They literally have absolutely no intention to fix the trophy/achievement issue. None at all. They don't even refer your issue to the Devs, so that they can look at the code.

Wow.

Wow.

Wow.

The Support Team system places the onus on customers to provide the solutions to the problems that DTG created.

Wow.

Wow.

I did not think it was possible......, but my respect for the Support Team has actually gone down even further.....

Wow.

• Like Like x 5
  30. Factor41

Yeah, as a result, I've just spent the cash I was going to spend on DLC in the next sale on Grid Ultimate Edition (£21 for PSN Plus members with all of the Season Pass DLC content). Only played the intro bit so far, but it feels like money well spent. :)

• Like Like x 1
  31. synthetic.angel

Yeah - I saw that on sale, and I came very very close to buying it. But it seemed to be virtually identical to the PS3 title...., including graphically (NB: I have all of the PS3 versions of GRID). I know that there are 12 to 15 main venues (and maybe 80+ variations of route) and lots and lots of cars.... but I bought the gold edition of Hitman 2 (including all of the DLC) for £21 instead. Let me know how you get on with GRID - cos I might still get it - it's a proper twitch arcade racer - maybe I should just get my PS3 back up and running....

32. Manclion

Manclion Well-Known Member

DTG; fix trophies? Nah
    Sort it out amongst yourselves bloody peasants.
    We got better things to do like developing the next minimum value dlc we can get away with, add an extra loco dlc so it looks like it should have done at the start. Then move on... NEXT

• Like Like x 1
  33. synthetic.angel

As Michael Caine once said, in The Italian Job...... "I have an idea.....!"

I think that I can find a way to appeal to DTG's.... um... nature......, and fix this whole trophy thing... for everyone.... Every single trophy. Through an actual fix in the code. Yes.....! Watch this space.....

• Like Like x 1
  34. Factor41

I'll let you know. Initial play felt super arcadey, but in the fun, easy-to-catch-oversteery way that Codemasters are becoming masters of. I never had Grid Autosport so can't compare directly, but it looks gorgeous on PS4 Pro.

35. synthetic.angel

This should settle the trophy issue, once and for all. And for always. LOL... ;-)

https://forums.dovetailgames.com/th...g-feature-in-train-sim-world-is-broken.20803/

I have reported the trophy problem as a bug.....

• Like Like x 1
  36. Thunderer

Thunderer Well-Known Member

It wouldn't be so bad if it was just the trophies, but with the mastery not tracking again, and other simple errors - for example I am currently doing various bits on TVL and even the basic counts of how many tutorials and scenarios doesn't add up on the main screen - I've done all 4 tutorials and it only shows me as having done 3/4, and I've done 4 scenarios (1 x 37, 3 x 31) but it shows me as only having done 1/8.

Previously I have bought all routes and most locos (apart from 2) but I won't be buying Oakville or any subsequent ones until Dovetail get their act together and start sorting the basics.

37. Factor41

The extra loco DLC scenarios never seem to count to the route total, even though the max number goes up. Counting is still, apparently, the hardest bit of software programming.

Had a proper blast on it last night. The career feels a little flat because there's no real story to it like previous Race Driver titles - you're just working through a grid of races to unlock the top series. That said, the visuals in the wet on PS4 Pro are really nice, the racing is fast and fun, and you know what?... ALL OF THE TROPHIES WORK CORRECTLY.

38. Thunderer

Thunderer Well-Known Member

Yes but strictly speaking Grid isn't a simulation now is it? :)

39. synthetic.angel

No, it isn't. And Codies are a bit naughty suggesting it is 80/20 simarcade, when it is probably 20/80.... Still - it (still) is a blindingly good game...

I've decided, after further research, to put this way down my list of priorities... (it will probably not make the cut for me). It's no doubt a superb game, and part of me wants to see Okatuma in the rain - but this game looks like a cut-down version of Grid: Autosport. Possible plus points (in this reboot) are the in-car details, and better wheel support. I already know that I love all the tracks, but there only seems to be one new one (Havana)...? I know that I would enjoy it (as a super arcade game), but I should really go back to the PS3 and test out the wheel first, on the older games, and see if the PS3 versions have really been out-evolved (...and I suspect that they haven't...really....). If you have never played GRID - then this is a must buy for any racing fan.

• Like Like x 1
  40. Factor41

No, it's really not. But strictly speaking, very basic counting of actions to activate a trophy isn't exactly part of the simulation either.

You're probably about right. On the PS4 Pro, it's a visual treat, but the periphery to the racing isn't as well fleshed out as other Codemasters titles and it's got a little less charm in that respect as a result. The menu system certainly isn't anywhere near as flashy as the Dirt titles.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  41. Gilly

Gilly Well-Known Member

Loaded up earlier...
    PS Communities_20200226_213356.jpg

Laughed...
    Sighed...
    Kicked the dog...
    Missed dog...
    Contemplated whether it's the all new spot the deliberate mistake challenge....
    These sodding balloons better be something bloody special.....

42. Matzo

Matzo Active Member

Can't even get a single challenge to tick off on mine, on any of the routes. It's never worked.

43. Gilly

Gilly Well-Known Member

That's my 3rd profile!

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  44. TinTin_57

Best thing about that is its completion of NTP with a picture of LIRR!!

• Like Like x 2
  45. synthetic.angel

I don't have Mastery. Is that one of the challenges - to get the LIRR EMU out of Manchester...... does it work on the third rail in the shed platforms at Vic Stn...?... ;-P

46. Gilly

Gilly Well-Known Member

I know right! Poor old dog does get a fair few kicks when I'm train simming!

It's the new secret DLC, the old third rail to Bury! But reusing LIRR stock (in GM Livery!!). No one will notice I'm sure!
    250px-British_Rail_Class_504_ManVic_prior_to_Metrolink.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  47. synthetic.angel

Surely someone with a modded PC build can set this up...? With the LIRR EMU in the station - front corridor doors open... driver standing there backlit by the cab.... it would make a really good picture. ;-)

BTW - love your Deltic icon - looks like final few yards into KX....? Very early 1980s feel... I love photos in that style.

• Like Like x 1
  48. Tonto62

Tonto62 Well-Known Member

The Bury line would be great, it's only 10 miles, but extensions are out of the question so I'll shut up.

49. Gilly

Gilly Well-Known Member

Only about 8, there's a good couple of miles! And all third railed.

And why stop there go through to Bury Bolton Street and Rawtenstall with the East Lancs. Easy reuse of the 40/45/47 in green!

• Like Like x 2
  50. Tonto62

Tonto62 Well-Known Member

The first mile is modelled too, you can walk through the tunnel!