Tsw: Ready For Any Assignment

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by TrainSim-James, Mar 19, 2020.

1. TrainSim-James

TrainSim-James Staff Member

[​IMG]

Written by: Gary Dolzall.

The versatile “multi-purpose” Electro-Motive MP15DC now comes to Train Sim World in eye-catching Caltrain livery!

READ MORE

• Like Like x 8
  2. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

Looks quite fun. Any word on the actual number of Scenarios and Services which this adds?

Last edited: Mar 19, 2020
  3. synthetic.angel

synthetic.angel Well-Known Member

Quick Q - If you take one of these lovely canal boats on wheels through the tunnel at 22nd Street.... does all the sound cut out, like with the DB BR 155 on RSN on PS4....?

Has anyone tested this loco on a PS4 yet? Do we know yet, if it actually works....? Or is it another DB BR 155 failure...?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Dave Mel

Dave Mel Well-Known Member

3 scenarios i think its 11 services and 1 training
    ive had no problems with this loco yet on PS4 ive done the training and the scenarios so far

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. Factor41

Hmmm, not much then. Suppose it'll show up from time to time when you're running other services too to add a bit of variety. Undecided on this one.

6. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

I’m looking forward to trying this on Saturday! Peninsula Corridor is my favorite route, and I am happy to have more trains on it!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Cyklisten

Cyklisten Well-Known Member

Lot of fun driving this thing, I just did two scenarios. Well spent money. But some of the switches at CEMOF couldn't be used in first person mode when I was playing the first scenatio (neither in the "flying around view", I had to use the 9-key map. But everything else is the top-notch, I didn't really like switching before, but now it's getting nice.

• Helpful Helpful x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Paulo_1997

Paulo_1997 Active Member

I start to realize, what the others meant...

• Like Like x 2
  9. synthetic.angel

Well... my personal preference would be to be really positive about the DB BR 155 - and I'd like to post screenshots showing the fun that could be had with it.... if it worked. But the DB BR 155 doesn't work on RSN on PS4.

Apparently I might have to mention the DB BR 155 at least 1000 times before DTG will start to think about making the initial pre-planning for the scoping exercise to evaluate the future workflow for making plans to plan the planning plans for the start of maybe initiating the thinking phase for starting to think about starting to maybe plan fixing it.

If DTG could offer a date for when the extensive work will begin..... to open one of the files for the DB BR 155, change one or two of the numbers in that file, then close the file and save it - and then push out the patch - then that would be fine. We could be talking about as much as ten minutes work here.... Although the pre-works "doing nothing at all" phase can take years, of course.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Ost-Trieb

Ost-Trieb Member

anybody find a manual?

11. synthetic.angel

They were going to publish it, but unfortunately the person that wrote it included numbers that exceeded "countless" (so more than "four") - so they were unable to verify whether or not the manual was factual or not, because DTG apparently do not currenly "have the tech" to count beyond three.

I think they made the safe decision - and decided to not publish the manual... at least until they figure out how the abacus thing works...

Last edited: Mar 20, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

There isn’t one.

13. mrchuck

mrchuck Well-Known Member

It’s a very great Dlc hopefully they’ll do a MP15 diesel locomotive for the Lirr in the future.

14. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

In the tutorial it says more info can be found in the manual. It also says that in the tutorial for the Class 33 in WSR which I bought in the PS4 sale.

Lies Lies Lies. TSW’s voiceover guy is always with the lies.

• Like Like x 2
  15. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Well, that's odd, since the tutorial says to consult the manual for further details.

• Like Like x 3
  16. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Nonsense!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

Well I think they will sell us soon the manuals lol

• Like Like x 2
  18. synthetic.angel

Yes - and they will sell them one page at a time....

• Like Like x 1
  19. Factor41

But not in order. And the most important ones will come last and be badly printed.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

Or, possibly, it isn't as straightforward as that?

You really think they'd just NOT patch it if it was really "...change one or two numbers"? What would be the reasoning there? If they never patched anything, i could see your point, but they do, even if it's not always what/as quickly as we want. We all have our own "pet peeve" bugs in TSW that's for sure.

Not to put words in someone's mouth, but i think i remember Maik posting something on here suggesting it could be a peculiarity in UE itself- that would imply that a simple solution isn't necessarily in the cards.

I'd argue that your constant harping about it only encourages other readers to just skip past and miss a lot of the interesting and quality points you otherwise make. But i mean, it's a free internet, so you go ahead and do you!

• Like Like x 3
  21. synthetic.angel

Yes - I think it is as simple as I described. Ten minutes work. I don't know that for sure, of course... but I genuinely strongly suspect it. I also believe that the reason why it doesn't get patched is because in this case that nobody is prepared to take responsibility for doing the work. And there is no joint responsibility to get it fixed.

I also do not believe for one second that it is a problem with UE. It can't be, because the DB BR 155 works in tunnels on MSB. And unless you are saying that MSB has a completely different engine to RSN.... then the "blame it on UE" concept is utter bollards. It's also nothing to do with the position of Saturn relative to Jupiter.

DTG can't even be bothered to get their Baby Bullet DLC properly listed on the TSW store page on PlayStation Store - which will result in many lost sales. They don't do this stuff just to be horrible or difficult. It is just complete management incompetence.

I would be very happy to stop harping..... But it is necessary. I'd point out that every single minute of every single day that DTG is "harping" about how the DB BR 155 requires RSN for it to work.... this harping has not been removed from PlayStation Store - despite being completely untrue, in more ways than one.... The broken DB BR 155 itself has not been removed from the PlayStation Store. And DTG makes no effort at all to explain to PS4 customers that the product that they are selling is actually completely broken. So - somebody else has to do it - and I am happy to provide this service.

There is an alternative approach. And that would be to accept that it doesn't matter if things are broken in TSW - in which case there should never be any complaints, or bug reports, ever. I'd be happy with that solution. As soon as we have one month where nobody else reports a bug or makes a complaint about TSW on PS4, then I'd be happy to join in with the silence.

There is yet another alternative approach - If Dmitri asks me to withdraw from the Forums, then I will do this immediately upon receiving his message - without hesitation.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Scotrail156467

Scotrail156467 Well-Known Member

Would you actually stop going on about the 155 in every chat that you are in go report it directly and stop spamming also tbh I have no problems on my end and I'm on Ps4

• Like Like x 5
  23. Factor41

Wait, are you saying your 155 doesn't have the tunnel glitch on RSN?

Are you on a normal PS4 or a Pro? Surely it's not a Pro-exclusive error?!

Last edited: Mar 21, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  24. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

It is almost trolling behaviour, a new poster would probably have been banned!

• Like Like x 4
  25. Scotrail156467

Scotrail156467 Well-Known Member

Normal ps4 and everything is fine with me

26. smash_cze

smash_cze Member

Hello railway fans!
    I am thinking about purchasing of MP15DC DLC. But i would like to ask the people who already own this. Is it worth spending money for this?
    Are there new bugs again or is it ok?

I spent some time on NEC with "yard goat" switcher because i like switching/shunting - i wanted to tune myself in for new DLC. It is quite good but i almost fell asleep. 90 minutes of moving hither and thither with flash speed of 5 mph to put together only one train. It is little bit boring... But i know it is in the USA like that...
    How high the speed is there with Caltrain switcher? Is it also so slow like "yard goat" aka "yard snail"? (BTW it must real punishment to work for Amtrak there...). Switchers in our country are moving much faster during their work and they do more work and it is fun to spectate their work... I hope there will be at least one route in CZ in near future - our railways are extensive and interesting and locos too. It would be real fun.

BTW there are also weird bugs in NEC:
    1) i have finnished 2 timetable services (70 and 90 minutes) - no medals
    2) there are sharp turns on Sunny side yard - why the wires are so far from track? :) Pantographs can't reach them there... so ugly
    3) Horn of goat is really quiet... It is problem of all locos in TSW - some horns are really laughable btw
    4) Horn is turning on the bell. To stop the bell you i must pres B two times - first predd turns already ringing bell on first, second press of B turns it off...
    5) I saw a truck and some vans parking between tracks near place where goat starts. I wonder how they got themselves there? :) so funny

So please let me know if MP15DC is better. I will spent money for this. I want to support DoveFAIL games again. I still hope that they will improve themselves again and Bug Sim World will be Train Sim World again.

• Like Like x 4
  27. Dave Mel

Dave Mel Well-Known Member

i bought the MP15DC

i have come across no bugs as of yet and i do recommend it.

• Like Like x 3
  28. synthetic.angel

Tests: When I read your post it was with great excitement - and with great anticipation to check whether maybe DTG had done the ten minutes work necessary to fix the bug (but without telling anyone) - so I immediately tested the DB BR 155, on TSW, on RSN, on PS4.... on a random Timetable Service that I had not tried before... and... in the tunnel just east of tunnel Plettenberg, the sound cut out completely. The DB BR 155 nearly made it through... because that tunnel is only about 100m long.... but it didn't quite make it. The DB BR 155 is still broken, when using it on RSN (on PS4), which is the route it was designed for, and a route that has lots of sound-breaking tunnels. It is a completely and utterly broken DLC, and always has been, since it was released as a DLC - and never fixed.

Questions: So - I would ask you - did you actually run the DB BR 155, was it in TSW, was it on RSN, and was it on PS4 - and did you take it through a tunnel....? And - critically - did you have the sound switched on...? If you only run the DB BR 155 with sound switched off, then there is no problem at all. It's only a problem if you want to hear the sounds - in tunnels.

If DTG made it clear that the loco should only be run with all sounds switched off, and put this upfront in the PlayStation Store description - then I would have absolutely no problem with there being silence with the DB BR 155 in tunnels - it wouldn't be a bug. It would be a unique loco feature running a silent simulation - and they could even make it a black and white feature, with subtitles and flash up an image with someone holding a card with words on it describing the kind of sound you could be hearing, as if sound had not yet been invented for simulation games - then at least everyone would know all of that upfront, before parting with their £CA$H.

Solution A (for you): I am quite content for anyone to exercise their right to mute me, if they don't want to be kept up to date with the progress that DTG isn't making with patching the DB BR 155. Totally your choice. This might be a really good solution for anyone that gets frustrated with DTG's lack of progress with fixing the DB BR 155 bug.

Solution B (for you): I would be quite content to never post anything in the Forums ever again if Dmitri asks me to leave the Forums, and explains that this is because DTG do not want customers to talk about their broken unfixed software that they are still selling on PlayStation Store in an entirely mis-described way.

Solutions 1-6 (for everyone else):
    - DTG could fix the bug with the DB BR 155
    - DTG could stop selling the DB BR 155 for PS4
    - DTG could explain to PS4 customers that the DB BR 155 is broken, when selling it
    - DTG could give an update indicating the date that the patch will be released, or indicate whether they have any intention to releae a patch at all (say, if the person that designed the DB BR 155 has deceased)
    - DTG could instruct Sony to refund everyone on PS4 that bought the DB BR 155
    - DTG could get a visit from Trading Standards from Medway Council; I was hoping to avoid this solution, but it might now become necessary after all ;-(

• Like Like x 1
  29. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

Again ? What a dumb person there’s no regrets ignoring him as all his interventions are useless and only whining about the BR 155 that’s frustrating. Anyway this DLC is worth buying I’m having more fun switching with the MP15DC than the SW1000

• Like Like x 1
  30. synthetic.angel

No - I don't think so. I think the moderators of this Forum are really quite careful, and fair. And I think that they make exactly the right decisions about allowing for free speech.... If they allowed their Forum to only be populated by people that were 100% worshipful at all times.... then everyone else would stop buying their product... or worse - go to other Forums, and/or post a series of scathing videos on YouTube... etc.

I'd like DTG mods to be more pro-active about dealing with insidious accusatory and personal trolling posters that play the man and not the ball.... you know - those that are hypocritically critical of behaviour when they realise that they haven't got any solid arguments, or anything useful to add to a discussion. Those people. You know - the "usual suspects".

But I would point out (again) that DTG are effectively spamming the PlayStation Store with fake information, every single second of every single day, with respect to the DB BR 155. And that needs to be countered with factual information. I am looking forward to the day when I can be really very happy about the DB BR 155.

Just as an aside - I did wonder whether the scenario on RSN with the six locos being moved was some sort of "in-joke". I am not really into conspiracy theories, but it dawned on me that the guys that did RSN knew the DB BR 155 would be as broken as the "Shards of Narsil", so included the "six loco" movement to represent an emergency shipment of motive power, to replace all of the DB BR 155s on the route. Just a whimsy of mine.... ;-)

Six emergency replacements for the DB BR 155.jpg

31. Disintegration7

I highly recommend the MP15DC. The CEMOF yard services are a bit like the Amtrak SW1000 (assembling/breaking down passenger trains), but the yard speed is primarily 10mph, with a couple sections 5mph (from what i can tell just storage leads/sections where you'll encounter the end of the track). Additionally, the CEMOF yard is much smaller than Sunnyside, so it doesn't take nearly as long to complete the services. There's also a lot more traffic passing by on the mainline compared to NEC (added variety too if you own Baby Bullet).

There are also MOW trains where you can get up to a good speed (i think 50mph is the line speed for freight), and go a good distance- they operate between South SF, Redwood City, and Newhall yard (just north of CEMOF).

Also some train rescue scenarios and services, which i haven't run yet. Sounds/modelling are really good and i haven't encountered any bugs.

• Like Like x 2
  32. Disintegration7

Is "Trading Standards from Medway Council" some sort of inside joke? Honestly your whole patter comes off as if it's intended for 1 or 2 specific people at DTG, or something like that. Did you used to work there, maybe?

Either that or an attempt at a Douglas Adams styled fanfic. Because i can't seriously believe an intermittent sound bug that doesn't even seem to be fully replicable (per other posters here) really deserves such an endless litany.

• Like Like x 3
  33. theorganist

You could have done it before, you had far more votes saying do it than saying don't, but you didn't!

As for your earlier remarks, I have been critical plenty of times of DTG. However, you keep mentioning this problem on nearly every thread you are involved in, often when it is totally off-topic, you probably have a point and it should be fixed but in the end people will get so fed up that even if they agree with you they won't be on your side.

As an aside, how do you know that DTG aren't looking at the problem, I believe they have acknowledge it, maybe a bit more patience is required.

• Like Like x 3
  34. synthetic.angel

Nope - I have never worked for DTG. But I do like Douglas Adams.... ;-)

The failure of the DB BR 155 to work on RSN on PS4, when going through tunnels is not an intermittent bug. It's a permanent bug, that was present at release, and has never been fixed. It is always broken, on RSN, on PS4 - through tunnels.

If it really comes to it, and I have to report DTG to Trading Standards... then I will do so. This situation isn't quite like the Oakville DLC - where to fix the bug in that DLC (.....by rebuilding half of the indicated map) would have taken a very long time (months), and it needed an immediate remedy which was to change the description of the DLC to reflect that fact that it wasn't being described as double the size that it really was. That took maybe, as much as twenty minutes - but thankfully they did do it...eventually.

The DB BR 155, on the other hand, would only take ten minutes to fix. But nobody wants to admit responsibility for not testing it in the first place, so nobody is willing to put their hands up and say - "Oooops - yeah - that was me - I totally didn't test it... and yep - I signed a piece of paper to say it was all fine.... but actually I was watching Pelham 123 for the 107th time - I only have to watch it sixteen more times to actually reach 123....! Cool, eh? Next up is Blade Runner 2049. Which I will start watching after I have created some implausible trophies for the DB BR 9999...."

35. theorganist

How do you know it will only take ten minutes to fix?

36. synthetic.angel

To be fair to DTG - they did make the reasonable changes required regarding the Oakville DLC, and changed their manual, and deleted their slightly outrageous promotional videos. I have already explained that. No action was needed - and the poll on it was 50/50. I was clear about what I would do - and I did precisely everything that I commited to doing, despite the work that was needed to be put in to get there.

I don't want to have to take formal action over the DB BR 155 - I would just like DTG to spend ten minutes fixing it, so that I can enjoy what I paid for - it is a fabulous creation..... with one single deadly flaw, which makes it impossible to use.

As for my remarks - I wasn't necessarily talking about you - unless you consider yourself to be a "usual suspect" "critical hypocrite".... That might well be an incredibly self-aware insight that you have now made about yourself... but it isn't necessarily my opinion about you. You seem to me to be a lovely guy, as far as I can tell. You certainly like trains, and that's always a big plus in my book. ;-)

I don't care if people are on "my side" - I don't see this as a "sides" issue. I don't really see anything as a "sides" issue.... I have my view, and others have their views - and it's all fabulous. This is a Forum. If everyone thought exactly the same thing all of the time, based on exactly the same experience and knowledge, then there would be no need for anyone to come onto the Forum and Share and Enjoy.... ;-)

If people want to ignore me - that's also absolutely fabulous. I am not in for a popularity contest - I literally do just want the DB BR 155 to be fixed - maybe I have not made that clear enough yet....?

This is a highly relevant thread to talk about the broken DB BR 155 on RSN on PS4. This thread is about a new loco DLC that has been made available for sale on PS4 - and a loco that has been made available as a new DLC on PS4... before DTG have fixed the broken DB BR 155 loco DLC.

As I have said - if DTG have allocated some time to test the DB BR 155 on PS4 (for the first time) to scope out the works needed (ten minutes), and they provide an update on that, then that would be helpful/hopeful. But DTG have merely said that the issue is "under review" - which is obviously utterly meaningless. It's like saying that the yards at Hamilton are endless....etc. I want actual dates for a set of planned actions, for the DB BR 155 patch - or just an indication that they have given up on it - and that they have no intention to ever fix it - that is also equally fine by me.

Regarding patience - well - if only DTG patiently tested their DLCs, before rushing them to market in a broken state to get £CA$H.... then there wouldn't be a problem. Testing is everyone's friend.

37. synthetic.angel

Because:

1. I have tested the DB BR 155 on RSN on PS4
    2. I have scoped out the works needed to repair it - and it's ten minutes

DTG have not yet reached stage 1, so my estimate of ten minutes is a perfectly reasonable estimate.

Of course, if DTG undertake step 1 and test the DB BR 155, and then do step 2 and scope out the repair works - and their scoping exercise results in a different estimate, then I would give that some consideration..., if they could be so kind as to tell us what the timescales will be, in their considered opinion.... ;-O

But for now - the amount of time needed to fix the DB BR 155 can be confidently expressed as "ten minutes" - because there is no other estimate available to compare it with.

Easy. I am happy to proven wrong - but to do that, DTG will have to start the testing process....

38. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

Whilst I despise DTG for realising obvious buggy content, can you PLEASE stop mentioning the DB BR 155 in every single post.

It is getting very repetitive and annoying now.

• Like Like x 8
  39. jörgen Näslund

jörgen Näslund Well-Known Member

Yeah He has only write BR 155 155 times or posts ( I am not yoking )
    The result seems brilliant. I have so much sound in my PC.
    But if you write a further 155 posts, They will probably fix it :D

40. Factor41

While I think my answer is probably redundant, given the above few, it's not intermittent and it's entirely reproducible. Every service, every tunnel. And there are a lot of tunnels on RSN. I'd actually really like to see a video of somebody with a PS4 driving the 155 through some of RSN's tunnels and not encountering the bug, just so we know we're all talking about the same train and can establish whether it's only an issue on the Pro (which seems quite unlikely).

To be honest, I'm also losing interest in the 155 and would be more than happy to just accept a refund for the crap DLC that I have barely touched because of its obvious and untested fault.

• Like Like x 4
  41. Disintegration7

Fair enough i was wrong about it being intermittent. And obviously it should be fixed, but why does this bug warrant thousands of words? Mentions in just about every thread?

It just seems out of proportion to me. Anyway i don't think i have anything more to add to this conversation. Stay safe out there everyone.

42. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

The following rules are taken from the forum rules page, so why the repeated spam posts are allowed to continue, I don’t know...

“Spam - Everyone hates spam and we work hard to keep our community sites free from such content. Do not post large amounts of untargeted, unwanted or repetitive content.”

“Repeatedly posting the same thing over and over. Post it once and once only. Continually posting the same thing over and over will be considered spamming.”

• Like Like x 3
  43. synthetic.angel

Do you think, that as a community, that we should just give up on the DB BR 155 DLC....? I have a great deal of respect for you, so if you say that we should all give up - and just let DTG advertise whatever they want, however unfit for purpose it is... and not remind them to fix it.... then just say so - and I will stop the campaign for the DB BR 155 right here and right now. And I will buy it for TS2020 on PC, where it does work - because you know it will work for PC players, of course - because they tested it on PC, and maybe PS4 players don't matter.

And I will stop immediately. I will do exactly what you decree. Just say the word. -And I shall mention the DB BR 155 no more. And I will change tack, and entirely defend DTG's modus operandi.

• Like Like x 1
  44. synthetic.angel

So - I have looked at what you have said here, and I wondered to myself - "Is this an accurate reflection of facts, or is it a DTG styleee hyperbole....?"

So I checked the facts. Out of the thread lists for "new Posts" and "Recent Posts", I have contributed to:

- 6/100 "New Post" threads
    -16/100 "Recent Post" threads

I can assure you, that even with the higher one - at 16% - that I have not mentioned the DB BR 155 in all of my contributions within that 16%. So - maybe - at most, we are talking about 10%.

I think "just about every thread" is therefore a hyperbolic way to describe "10% of threads"... because the estimate is in error by an order of magnitude.......

which leads me to the question - Do you work for DTG's Marketing Department.....?

• Like Like x 1
  45. synthetic.angel

Again - I have quite a high respect for you as a Forum user, and I am quite prepared to be guided by your direction. If you believe that I should give up on the DB BR 155, and be more positively geared towards DTG, then I will do that right here and right now - just say the word.

46. -PjM-

-PjM- Well-Known Member

Now what was this thread about again? Oh yeah, I was watching a stream yesterday and the MP15DC seems to be quite a nice addition. Looked and sounded good. Although I'd need Peninsula Corridor first. I watched a video of that too and that appealed to me more than I thought it would. And it is on offer at the moment, hmm.

To save cluttering this thread further
    Could be. There are differences with components between models and even various versions. For instance on NTP there were a lot of complaints of consoles crashing yet with NTP being my most used route not once as my machine faulted. So some bugs might not be quite so easy to trace as others.
    I have the mid generation Pro. There's one version before and one after I think.

I think Syn the problem that's irritating folks is that you're mentioning it to the forum users 1000 times - not DTG. Sure someone from DTG might glance at the forum on occasions but they are probably not reading your every post. Whereas the forum users who generally know of the problem have to read about it again and again and again and again. Your campaign perhaps isn't having the desired effect! Just saying... no offence and all that. ;)

I'll try 2 words. Calm down. :)

• Like Like x 4
  47. synthetic.angel

Yeah - you could be right..... I have offered the opportunity to two others in this thread, to completely silence me on the DB BR 155 matter - but they didn't take me up on the offer. They complained about it - but they fell short of directing me to just drop the issue. If one of them directs me to change my approach - I will do it for either of them - immediately - I have given them the power... and I will happily swap out my personality chips - just for them - if they ask. No quid pro quo.

DTG are currently swamping the PlayStation Store with a persisitent advert for the DB BR 155 - publishing that the DLC is a product for RSN and doing this 86,400 times every single day.... 86,400 times....! It is relentless. Every single second - they keep the advert in a published state.

Regarding the Caltrain switcher DLC... I am a bit perplexed..... Apparently DTG have tested every scenario for this marvel.... at least three times (according to the DevStream)........ but hang on.... it's broken.... !!!

But that broken-ness is not actually what attracted my attention...... what attracted my attention was that if someone on PC reports an issue with the ballast wagons for the Caltrain switcher DLC, that is "a bit jarring"..... at say.... just after 8.00pm on a Saturday night.... and reports it on these Forums.....:

https://forums.dovetailgames.com/th...n-issues-post-mp15dc-in-timetable-mode.21241/

.... an isssue that shouldn't happen, given the extensive testing.... then since that user is a PC user..... then..... in under two hours, well past 10.00pm on the weekend......DTG's senior developer gets straight on to it..... Less than two hours. At the weekend.

How do you explain that? The DB BR 155 was released on 25th April 2019..., in a broken state on PS4 - and that's about 8700 hours ago.... 8700 hours. So - the response time for PC players on PS4 is more than 4000 times faster.... PC players are 4000 times more important than PS4 players.

Now - it's no skin off my nose... because I am also a PC player.... and I qualify for the slightly better service standards..... So - for my own personal needs - I do not need to bang on about issues on PS4 or XBox at all. I can stop - just like that - if others will it to be so.

But.... I do care about you console guys.... because I think that PS4 players are really important. But maybe console players aren't important at all, after all - and maybe that's fair enough. I'm open to views on the matter.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2020
  48. -PjM-

-PjM- Well-Known Member

Less is more. Confucius says "Mention it less often and be more concise". That is the path to peace, harmony and wellbeing. For all. ;)

• Like Like x 2
  49. synthetic.angel

Aaah - good advice...! Confucius also says that reciprocity is a good guiding philosophy in life... or

Never impose on others what you would not choose for yourself.

And with that in mind - if DTG could now introduce a bug for the DB BR 155 that applied to users on PC, so that the DB BR 155 also becomes useless in tunnels on PC - then I would be very happy to accept the equivalent broken-ness on PS4. If it won't be fixed on PS4, then it seems only fair to now break it on the PC as well. I am sure that PC users would accept this as being perfectly fair, and perfectly reasonable. For the purpose of Zen, of course. Or.... and I know this is radical.....or.... they could fix the DB BR 155 on RSN on PS4

50. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I will ask you to dial it down quite a few notches. You are quite right to be annoyed by the bug, as I am about the Class 47 on NTP, but bringing it up repeatedly in lots of unrelated threads is spamming, which annoys even those of us who enjoy reading your posts and who very much like your input on many subjects. In fact, if you were to write less about the 155 you may have more time to write about other things.

I would like to think that DTG will have got the message about the 155 tunnel issue now and I urge them to fix it for everyone but especially for you just for the considerable effort you have put in on the matter. I wish someone from their end would reply to you on the forum to ensure you and all of us that they are looking into it.

• Like Like x 3