PC Some Interesting Wagon Issues Post Mp15dc In Timetable Mode

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by WonterRail, Mar 21, 2020.

1. WonterRail

WonterRail Well-Known Member

So i recently bought the new MP15DC for Peninsula Corridor and while i do think its great addition to the route overall, i have discovered that it does have some issues, mostly with the wagons in timetable mode. Let me start of by showing you this....

[​IMG]

Two sets of wagons that have spawned through each other in South San Francisco Yards. One of these is a set supposed to be taken by the MP15 down to Lawrence. However, i have discovered that if you spawn in after the MP15 drops off the wagons at Lawrence, they will not spawn at Lawrence but rather back up at South San Francisco and will sometimes spawn through the wagons from the GP38 service. But that's not the only case....

[​IMG]

Here is the same case again at Redwood Yard. This time, a set of 9 should have been taken up to South San Francisco by the MP15 but suffers from the same problems as said above. But whats worse about this one is that it prevents the 11:25 GP38 service from dropping off it's wagons when it reaches here at 12:00 (It will stop next to them). If you spawn after, the wagons will either spawn next to them or, when they come back from being emptied, spawn through them as seen here. There's also one more case but it's not quite as severe...

[​IMG]

It might not seem like anything is wrong here, however, the wagon consist on the left should have gone with the double headed MP15's down to Newhall at 15:30, but and as you can see in the image. It is 18:20, long after the service has been completed and the wagons are still in the yards at San Francisco as to being down in Newhall yards.

I'm not here to rip DTG for this as i genuinely think the MP15 is great addition to the route as a whole, but i think this issue is a bit jarring and i hope it can fixed soon, hopefully....

• Like Like x 3
  2. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

Yep on it :)

• Like Like x 5
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. synthetic.angel

synthetic.angel Well-Known Member

Are you having any luck with fixing the DB BR 155, on RSN, on PS4?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Tonto62

Tonto62 Well-Known Member

A fully working class 47 on PS4 would be nice as well. 12 months since I bought it and I never use it. If it can't be fixed for some reason, tell us. The lack of communication feels like we're just being ignored.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
  5. synthetic.angel

The problem with the Class 47 on PS4 and XBox has only been a problem since 13th December 2018. That is only 11,140 hours ago. I don't think it's scheduled for repair on console until at least 500,000 hours have elapsed, which is several years away. And anyway - the problem with the Class 47 doesn't happen on the PC - so it probably doesn't really matter - because in one sense - it isn't actually a problem.

The problem with the ballast wagons reported here..... is happening on the PC version of TSW right now...... Consequently the 24 hour super vigilant Rapid Reaction Response developer team are straight on it, with an immediate A&E style urgency. It's an issue on the PC - so it has to be fixed ASAP.....!

PS4 and XBox players having issues with the DB BR 155 on RSN on PS4, or with Class 47 on PS4 or XBox can wait - they can wait until the end of Time itself - it's not that much to ask, is it....?

• Like Like x 2
  6. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Take that, folks who claim that the Moderators never read the forums!

• Like Like x 2
  7. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

They probably don't have access to the PS4 devkit. There's just this one guy who has one, and he only works on Friday afternoons. Unfortunately, that's when the rest of the team have gone to the pub so they never really get a chance to pass on any info about what might be wrong on PS4.

8. Jez

Jez Well-Known Member

Can you please explain why this is being jumped on ahead of the other, older issues mentioned in this thread?

• Like Like x 3
  9. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I think it’s because it’s a timetabling issue and Matt does the timetables. That doesn’t make it more important than any other bug of course but it might explain the prompt response here on the forum.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  10. synthetic.angel

Yes - it's a timetabling issue. A timetabling issue that affects real users..... real users...... that are on PC.... right now.***

If the issue was something that only impacted on the....... euuuughhh... console users... then the issue would be moved to the open-topped circular filing cabinet marked "under review", which is on the floor, in the corner of the room, and which gets carefully checked through at 7.00pm every day by the Cleanz Eazy Crewz - and then gets shipped to a "deep storage facility" at a disused quarry, to be uncovered in future times, by the great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great greatgreat great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great quite cute looking great great great great great great great great great great great....... grandchildren of Tony Robinson - in a future popular archaeology show on the Collective Brain Screen 5D Hub thingy.

-------------------------------------
    ***NB: I say "now", but as I write this - it has probably already been fixed.

11. Jez

Jez Well-Known Member

Thanks. Would be good to get a response to my question from DTG as I did ask nicely.

I'm sure others would also appreciate some idea when the faulty Class 47 will be fixed. I heard a rumour that there's a sound problem with a German locomotive too.

• Like Like x 1
  12. synthetic.angel

Well - it's the weekend - and evening time in the UK, so DTG devs are probably hurriedly fixing some more issues for PC users, whilst disinfecting the surfaces that came into contact with... eeeuuughhh.... console issues.....

Or... maybe they are creating new broken features, like the ethanol valve in the Oakville DLC, whilst simultaneously breaking other DLCs that previously worked, that require a valve... like the WSR Class 33 DLC.... Maybe. Hint. Hint.

Hint.

13. Jez

Jez Well-Known Member

Still no response from DTG about the other, older issues I see. Not sure what conclusion to draw from it. I can't help but think it's because they have zero inclination to resolve them and don't have the balls to say it.

14. WonterRail

Just want to say that the patch that came out today fixed this problem.

• Like Like x 1
  15. WonterRail

Bumping this thread because the fixed that was applied in TSW2020 has not been brought over to TSW2 and so the issue has come back in TSW2. Here are some screenshots for evidence:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I shouldn't need to explain this to much, since i explained it in the first post which you can see at the top of the page. But for explain briefly, Wagons from MP15 services don't spawn at there destination/drop-off points which causes them to spawn through the wagons from the GP38-2 services at South San Francisco & Redwood Yards and in the case of the latter, it prevents the 11:25 UP1 service from dropping off it's wagons at Redwood Yard.

• Like Like x 1