Tsw: Ready For Any Assignment

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by TrainSim-James, Mar 19, 2020.

1. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

You’re wasting your time with him, he won’t ever understand how much he’s irritating and annoying

• Like Like x 1
  2. jörgen Näslund

jörgen Näslund Well-Known Member

I hope they not fix this. it should not pay to behave like him. Write 150 post about it........
    You fault report as usual via the ticket then it's done, if that doesn't fix it then they have something else to do.

they probably regret more and more that they would also do Tsw to consoles. But i know they sell much to consoles but it meant lot of trouble for all.
    And I who have Pc has over 100 in fps. Dovetail must do short trains short routes for the consoles to work at all.
    Completely convinced that it would have been much better for us pc users if the consoles had not existed

Last edited: Mar 22, 2020
    • Helpful Helpful x 3
  3. synthetic.angel

synthetic.angel Well-Known Member

The thing is - the DB BR 155 is not a problem on PC. So it isn't actually a problem to anyone important - so it will never ever get fixed.

Same with the Class 47 - there is no problem at all with the Class 47, unless you are daft enough to use the XBox controller on PC (which is a specified controller, but hey what does that matter...?). But even if you use the XBox controller with the Class 47 on PC (and you get the BP drag), then you at least don't get the power problem on PC - so, in that sense - the issue with Class 47, as experienced by XBox and PS4 players.... isn't actually a problem on PC - so it isn't actually a problem to anyone important - so it will never ever get fixed.

Anyway - I shall now do as you ask. And I shall never ever mention the DB BR 155 again - even in threads about new loco DLCs, and even in threads about new German DLCs. Basically, with the constant release of new broken DLCs to wow about, issues with older broken DLCs can be left to be forgotten, especially if they are only issues that appear on PS4 and XBox, and are therefore entirely unimportant. I can now happily say this - because I no longer rely on PS4.... and I am now a PC user.... ;-)

I have now swapped out my programmed routines that give consideration to PS4 and XBox players, and will now only focus on PC issues - and even then - I will be much more relaxed about it all - and encourage others to be relaxed as well. If you ever change your mind, and want me to to notch things up again - do let me know.

I have now come to accept that bugs that appear only on XBox and PS4 are not important. Testing on XBox and PS4 takes time that could be spent testing stuff on PC. Fixing bugs on XBox and PS4 takes time that could be spent fixing bugs that happen on PC. Xbox and PS4 customers are probably all just a bunch of "kiddies" anyway - maybe they should grow up and be more relaxed, and less idealistic. Life isn't perfect. It's a lesson that all PS4 and XBox players need to learn quickly - especially in these dark times, post Brexit....

Anyone for Brexit...? ;-D

4. synthetic.angel

[removed by Protagonist - user already banned]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  5. synthetic.angel

Anyway - back to topic.... I have a problem...... Although I already own SFJ/PIC on PS4 - I do not own this switcher..... yet. And anyway - I have now learned that it is not so good an idea to own TSW stuff on console.. so... the question is.....

Should I buy the SFJ/PIC route on PC for TS2020....... and get the TS2020 version of the route?

or..... should I buy the SFJ/PIC route on PC for TSW...... just for this switcher.....?

What are the relative merits to each option on PC....?

------------------------------------------------
    NB: I am only interested in people that have a view on the PC stuff. The console players... well.... they can twiddle their L3s and R3s...., as far as I am concerned....!!

6. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

They certainly should have at least used a console before deciding to release some software on it, so they'd have some idea of how intuitive and slick modern software can be. Instead, we just get the kind of terrible, clunky user experience and thrown-together UI that a life of Windows PC use has duped them into thinking is the standard. Would have been better for everyone if they'd actually raised their game to the high expectations of console owners, but hey, there's no point trying to convince people to try fine dining when they're happy with a dog's dinner.

7. Jeannot41

Jeannot41 Well-Known Member

The biggest culprit in all of this is DTG which is not communicating on this bug. For 1 year, they could have talked about it, recognized their bug, and simply come to discuss it here.
    But no. They adopt the ostrich policy. We don't say anything, we hide and we act like nothing was wrong.
    It's really taking their customers for money pumps.

• Like Like x 5
  8. synthetic.angel

It's like what the bald kid in The Matrix tells The One about the spoon - the trick is to realise that there is no spoon - and.... there is no bug. And if any particular bug is not on the PC - then...well... there really is no bug. So there is nothing to say about it - because there is nothing wrong. And I think that you will find that this explains everything.

It all boils down to whether you decided to take the blue pill or the red pill. Reality is hard to take sometimes - so in the meantime - console players should just carry on doing their job, and provide energy and £CA$H to keep the simulation running for the PC users. Each console player is really just like a 12 volt battery... fulfilling their destiny by providing a life-long service to the real simulation enthusiasts - on the PC....

9. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

This thread is starting to get a bit like the twilight zone!

10. Jeannot41

Jeannot41 Well-Known Member

You don't have to read it

11. theorganist

No I don't but I was interested in the original topic rather than what it became, so it would be nice to read a topic which stayed on topic not turned into another lets bash DTG thread.

Then again, no-one is forcing you to purchase any of these add-ons either!

• Like Like x 6
  12. PlatChap

PlatChap Well-Known Member

I came here to read about the MP15DC .. oh dear :(

• Like Like x 5
  13. synthetic.angel

Well - you can comfort yourself with the idea that these heathens that dare to question the mysterious ways of our Dearly Beloved Dove will be punished in the after-life simulation.... by being relentlessly forced to use a console to try and play Train Simulation games... in a very very hot sauna.

Google Bless Our Dove. Google Bless Our Dove.

14. smash_cze

smash_cze Member

I finally spent the money for this DLC. I must say that this DLC is good and almost without bugs. Switching scenario is quite good fun to do it there. It is not so lazy and slow like with "yard goat" on NEC.
    Also freight scenario is quite good. But i expected more stoppings because of passing of faster train.
    I was a little disappointed because i didn't meet different trains excluding F40PH + Gallery cars in the scenarios :-( I hope there will be another locos in time table services - incl. Baby Bullet - which i own as DLC.

Bugs:
    1) MU-2A Valve switch does repetetive sound after mouse click and hold without movement (same does heating switch)
    2) independent brake during releasing does weird clicking repetetive sound. Mouse move stops this.
    3) engine and horn sound is too quiet again and you cannot hear them from 100m which is not like in reality (but this is congenital bug for whole game)
    4) Freight scenario "Ballast" - My train stopped suddenly after 2 kilometers from start. It was not possible to move it again. No air. I restarted scenario and it was ok on second attempt.
    5) Ugly sound doppler effect with double locos sometimes - same as on another routes with double locos.

Despite these minor bugs, I can recommend this DLC.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

I think you triggered the emergency brakes.

16. smash_cze

smash_cze Member

No i really did not. It was in normal operation and speed about 45 mph. And i was in external view spectating my train only. It stopped suddenly.
    I tried brake reset procedure but it did not work.

• Like Like x 1
  17. smash_cze

smash_cze Member

I was not hungry so i tried timetable service "failed train rescue" instead of having lunch some minutes ago. It was fun.
    And yes! There are Baby Bullets too. Nice!

But i noticed two strange facts:
    1) I was requested to drive through washing station on my way to failed train. Water fog was also in my cabin there..
    2) There are 8 trains parking on the yard waiting for begin of their service. Why were these trains full of passengers when their departure is in several hours?
    I know.. these things are bagatelle. But these non-logic thinhgs unnecessarily spoil the impression.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  18. synthetic.angel

So.... I really like shunters. So... I came really close to buying this Switcher. The £CA$H was lined up, and ready to be splashed***. But before I hit the "Buy" button, I thought I'd at least finish off the NEC Amtrak scenarios for ECS sorting.... And I kept coming across the untested/unchecked "broken stop objective" and "wrongly oriented stop threshold markers".... which makes these scenarios extremely annoying to run.

Switcher stop threshold errors.jpg

I thought to myself... maybe this doesn't matter.... because the AP point-scoring system came in after the NEC route was issued. And then I thought.... I must stop making excuses for DTG's failures, and I must never ever buy their DLC at anywhere near full price again - at least until they decide to FULLY TEST their DLC before putting it on sale.

Quick Q -
    If you bought this switcher, which is no doubt fabulous in its shunter-like glory.... have they actually lined up the stop thresholds correctly.....? DTG were still doing this in a broken way with the Baby Bullet DLC... but.... have they changed their ways yet....?

-------------------------------------------------
    ***NB: I decided, in the end - to buy Battlefield 1 (with all DLC) for a stunning £8.99.... It is amazing what you can buy for under a tenner..

19. Rob Jansen

Rob Jansen Well-Known Member

That is because it needs to be compatible without extra DLC like the Baby Bullet.

The Timetable adds several layers and then it is possible to add the other services.

20. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

It would be great if like in reality we could drive the F40PH with the Bombardier Bilevel and the MP36 with the Nippon Sharyo

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  21. xD 2Bad4You

xD 2Bad4You Well-Known Member

How long are the individual Services for the MP15DC? There are at least more Services than in the Amtrak Switcher DLC but im curious about how much time you can spend in them

22. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

Maybe 4 hours and there’s services with double sets of Nippon Sharyon with two F40PH

• Like Like x 2
  23. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

Just one in both directions.

24. xpert2036

xpert2036 Guest

You don't have to attack console player's about everything wrong How about pc players get banned for the forums ho would you feel about that Im a pc player I don't complain about other video game console's so relax

• Like Like x 1
  25. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

He was being sarcastic because at the time there was a problem on consoles that was long standing and he was spamming the forum at every opportunity to make a valid point about console bugs not being fixed. It worked too, the problem was fixed, but Syn got a ban from the forum. Legend has it that he may be back but in disguise.

• Like Like x 2
  26. xpert2036

xpert2036 Guest

It really didn't seem sarcastic too me he should have said that then because he is offending a lot of people

• Like Like x 2
  27. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

It all got a bit out of hand, which sometimes happens. It’s hard to understand if you happen to read a forum post from a while back when something odd was going on, as you’re going to assume the post is genuinely meant. I’m prone to a bit of sarcasm myself and it sometime backfires, so I try to make it obvious that I’m not being serious but it sometimes doesn’t come across. Sometimes we forget that when we post something it’s going to be there for a long time.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  28. theorganist

A legend not quite of Arthurian proportions!

• Like Like x 2
  29. Big Papi34

Big Papi34 Well-Known Member

What happened to Synthetic?
    Nevermind I read his post. He got what he deserved.

30. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

Don’t open the champagne yet, he’s back with a new account “plastic angel” and he’s being irritating and schizophrenic by saying that “synthetic told me this and that”

• Helpful Helpful x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  31. xpert2036

xpert2036 Guest

plastic angel what about plastic pal

• Like Like x 1
  32. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

Yeah I mean pal

33. xpert2036

xpert2036 Guest

Thats a real plot twist

• Like Like x 1
  34. Big Papi34

He could've at least been less obvious about it. It's sad this forum has become filled with jerks like him. I can be a bit of a pain myself, but still.

• Like Like x 3
  35. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

« Less obvious » haha it’s too much when you’re stupid, he’ll be ban soon as he’s still spamming sometimes

• Like Like x 2
  36. Big Papi34

What happened to that guy that cursed you out? It's been close to a year I believe.

37. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

Oh yeah boycka91 something like that, he’s back but in “stealth mode” he posts sometimes I think he understood his lesson