Driving Off The Peninsula Route

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by deans.ma, Mar 16, 2020.

1. deans.ma

deans.ma Member

Hello Everyone,

I have joined this forum to share to you all how I have discovered how one can drive their train off the Peninsula Corridor Map.

I should start with a bit of context here...

I had just completed operating an empty Union Pacific Dirt Train from Newhall Yard (Santa Clara) to Pier 96 (just north of Bayshore). After successfully completing the scenario, I went to the "back to free roam" option and started driving my train down the quite long Pier 96 spur. Before reaching the end I decided to f**k it and ramp up the engines into notch 8 and crash into the building at the end of the spur.

Instead of derailing all over the place, my train just kept going, ON INVISIBLE TRACK! Never ending- straight off the map. The train just kept going! I still had full control of the train from the engineer's seat.

The fun ended when I accidentally pressed "Y" on my controller and leaped out of the cab and the game through my character into a complete abyss.

I don't have the slightest clue as to what caused this.

Apologies if I'm not the first person to discover this and I'm just wasting everybody's time.

-Dean

P.S. Can someone tell me how to change my username?

Last edited: Mar 16, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  2. JohnnyK98

JohnnyK98 Well-Known Member

That's the way it is sometimes. One day you're hauling freight, and then next you're crashing 200 km/h into the nearest building. ;)

But yes, I've seen this once before on the TSW Community club on Xbox (join us if you haven't already). I want to try it out now.
    Thanks for sharing this with us!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Merseydmu

Merseydmu Member

Hi i may be really stupid but where is the pier? and is it on the xbox version of the game? Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  4. Captaintraincrash

Captaintraincrash Active Member

Hahaha ive wanted to do that lol

• Like Like x 1
  5. Olaf the Snowman

Olaf the Snowman Well-Known Member

With regards to changing username, you need to contact a moderator. Generally speaking, you cannot change your username unless you’ve made your identity obvious and therefore is a security risk (e.g. you’re username is your full name which is fairly common for new users to do not really thinking when they sign up to a forum).

Your username doesn’t fall in that category but you can try your luck by asking a moderator. I think the answer is usually no simply because then everyone is going to keep asking to change the their username.

• Like Like x 1
  6. deans.ma

deans.ma Member

Huh - I'm assuming theres a good reason for that...? Not sure why people can't just freely change their names.

-Dean

• Like Like x 1
  7. -PjM-

-PjM- Well-Known Member

Since threads are usually made up by "conversations" between users it would get a bit chaotic if members could randomly change their names.

You mean you're not called Olaf!? And you're not a snowman!!? :D

• Like Like x 1
  8. Tomas9970

Tomas9970 Well-Known Member

I saw a username changed once but that was because of a typo. I think it was "Black diamond" who mistakenly typed his name as "Back diamond" and got it fixed by a moderator.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2020