Tsw: Diesel Duty

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by TrainSim-James, Apr 2, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

That is fair enough but could you not have said all that with the unnecessary language. Not everyone wants to hear/see it!

Also, what exactly is your problem with it, you are clearly disappointed but I cannot see why?

I haven't purchased it yet but am interested.

• Like Like x 1
  2. matthewbguilford

matthewbguilford Well-Known Member

I’m sorry you feel this way but making a judgement comparing the amount of services seems to be comparing apples with oranges. Different locomotives on different routes have different jobs and TSW the services a locomotive can perform is based in reality. You can’t fault them if those are the jobs it performs. I myself have been having a lot of fun with running what services came with it. Would love to see a RSN scenario and services pack.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Snek

Snek Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure Rivet Games made the entire add-on, even the services. DTG is not to blame on this one.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

I suspect that you've simply jumped too early. The German content on TSW includes cross-use of locos across routes more than any other on TSW, so it's presumably only a matter of time before this makes its way onto at least some of the other routes where shunting opportunities exist. I'm happy to sit this one out until that happens and the value of the loco increases (perhaps in conjunction with a sale) to a point where I think I'll get my money's worth from it. There was enough prior warning of the limited services included for you to have made a similar decision.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Maik Goltz

Maik Goltz Well-Known Member

Bad words and definetly into the wrong direction. The AddOn was made by Rivet Games entirely (ok, except the 3d mesh and sound preparations). You have to blame them, not DTG for the missing gameplay opportunities. And besides that, you are not able to see the rel wrong things with this loco. And they also lay on the side of Rivet Games, not knowing the loco technically they have made.

• Like Like x 1
  6. -PjM-

-PjM- Well-Known Member

I think there are some who were clamouring for a German diesel shunter to access the yards on RSN but are now disappointed that there's a diesel shunter that only works in the yards of RSN and not on the mainline. Strange when there's an abundance of German mainline locos.

Though certainly to get extra use out of the 204 it would be nice to have few more workings, both on RSN and other German routes. The trouble is it's really not a loco you can substitute in, it requires an extra layer of services creating for each route for it to work effectively. And those new services might require adjustments in the existing services. So it's not quite so straight forward but I can see it happening eventually.

• Like Like x 3
  7. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

I haven't watched Matt's entire stream with this engine, but I just ran part of the session that involves Lohr and there was no overpass in sight at any point of this run.

• Like Like x 1
  8. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Would I like having more to do with this marvelous shunter? Of course I would. But instead of wining, griping, and cursing, I intend to correspond with Rivet Games, asking that they get to work on a packet of additional activities.
    By the way, none of the contributors to this thread has yet commented on the excellent manual available for it. Perhaps no one else has bothered to look at it? I'm still waiting for the manual for MP15DC switcher to appear, but can only hope that is will approach the quality of Rivet's manual for this DLC.

• Like Like x 5
  9. F.Barnes

F.Barnes Active Member

The bridge is too low for trains. The roof of the BR204 runs through the Bridge. In the video you can't see directly because Matt changes the camera view just before.
    In game you see it very clearly.

EDIT:
    Bridge coming in

BR204_Lohr_02.jpg

BR204_Lohr_01.jpg

Last edited: Apr 24, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  10. fabienlimp95

fabienlimp95 Well-Known Member

Yeah, just Things like This! Im sorry for taking the "F Word". But i wont take back what i have said about the Loco and this DLC. Its simply not the same "Valure" in my eyes as other same priced dlc. So yeah im still angry because it could have become more. You all now DTG and you all knoe that they wont bring this loco to other Routes or bringing more Services wont simply happen. Mo matter if they said they want to do it or not. Matt also said we will get the MRSE Loco for other Routes, nothig happend till today. Again there is a lot more potential in this game if DTG would work on some Old Problems that should be know if they would care what we, the community and buyer, are saying. But actually it never realy happend so im not expect something else. Whats with the Editor? Whats with the missing PIS on German Tracks. Wheres the "Powerupgrade" for BRclass47 wich came out mid 2018!
    Whats with Freeroam? So many player would like that!

Im not talking about Paul Jackson at this Point , who once opended EA in Britain..... Yeah everybody know the EA price policy and after sawing that it becomimg more clear know.

So yeah if you are good with giving them more Money for this than its your choice, im done with it as im not expecting anything to happen what would have give TSW a better overall feel.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Jez

Jez Well-Known Member

Not seen the video myself but this has now been mentioned twice. Coincidence or intentional in your opinion?

12. Intentional, if they really have a quality control.
    Random if they don't have quality control.

13. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

One of the best locomotives in quality and detail but I expected many more services. Also because when I buy a new addon I also do it to add variety and quantity to rail traffic. I expect that in the future, the DB BR 204 can also be used in other German DLCs. And last but not least, insert at least one service that allows us to drive the locomotive along the main line (such as moving wagons from Aschaffenburg to Lohr, in an hour with little traffic).

• Like Like x 3
  14. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

Rivet games have said that they are looking at doing more scenarios or services with the BR204 but that will be later on. As per the bridge. The route was made some 18 months before this piece of DLC. Whether it gets sorted is down to DTG.
    Does it ruin the overall fun and playbility of the game. Not for me.
    Will it trigger people that an axe to grind with DTG ...... More than likely.

Yes it was a bit disappointing but I'm happy with it. I have been in contact with Rivet on their social medai and have had a good response from them but im not going to get butt hurt over a bridge that's too low (which isnt Rivet's fault).

Hentis

• Like Like x 6
  15. spsimon285

spsimon285 New Member

He should keep his snide bluntness to himself.

16. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

There has been an increase in necrobumping lately.

Please can you familiarise yourself with the forums rules. https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/train-sim-world-forum-rules.23560/

• Like Like x 7
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.