Workshop Issues

Discussion in 'Technical Reports' started by Michael Newbury, Nov 6, 2019.

1. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

Before the update to TS2020 I wasn't having any issues with workshop content. But now I download a selected route. Then when in TS2020 I select the downloaded content and the game freezers up, I go to the desktop only to find a error message.

The error displayed is: timedcheckforinstall: has no uninstalledsynceditems.

Any suggestions as to what it may be, I have submitted a support ticket and waiting for a response tomorrow. Has anyone else come across this issue.

2. gsmithkernow

gsmithkernow New Member

I get exactly the same error message - only when I select a subscribed Workshop scenario..
    never had this before the update to 2020>
    Fed up. No actually r-e-a-l-l-y fed up.

3. Michael Newbury

Happy I am not alone with this issue but would rather no one faced this issue. At this point I will have to wait for DTG to respond to the ticket I submitted. I am also fed up with it as well, this should simply not happen.

4. Schnauzahpowahz

Schnauzahpowahz Well-Known Member

Just dont click the actual workshop tab in game. I run into that same error if i click it. Install the WS content, load the game- quit the game, then restart again and it should be in its respective locations on the standard tab

5. Michael Newbury

That does not work either there is a definite issue waiting for DTG response.

6. treid09

treid09 Guest

Had a similar issue, but when it was when I clicked on a workshop route in the workshop tab that every thing froze. I had three routes, having just downloaded the third which was Adrianna County. It was bad enough that the using the task manager to close the game didn’t help, and I had to log out or switch users to get out of the simulator. Had to get rid of all workshop content by unsubscribing to each scenario and route in Steam.

7. Schnauzahpowahz

Schnauzahpowahz Well-Known Member

Ah well that sounded like the issue i had for a moment, at your point it may require that ol chestnut of reacquiring files and a fresh install, which i absolutely loathe

Personally ive always had probs w the WS content previous to 2020. I usually try to avoid it like the plague for said reason but sometimes you just have to scratch that itch

Good luck Michael

8. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

A lot of workshop problems are because people use the Workshop Tab in the Game instead of the Steam Client

When I look at Workshop content I open the Steam Client and pick the scenarios and or routes there.
    I then open TS2020 and got to the Editor (Build) and see if it has downloaded.
    Once it has I Clone the route or Scenario and I can edit that version without the game crashing.

Peter

9. Michael Newbury

Thanks for the suggestion, I am hoping to avoid a reinstall of the game as that would take a while to do as I have already to do this before. I had previous workshop content that was corrupt and caused me to reinstall the game.

Have not heard back from DTG yet I would have thought I would have had a response this morning, but nothing this morning.

10. Michael Newbury

Hi Peter,

Ordinarily you should be able to run workshop content from the workshop tab, as long as the drive tab at the bottom can be clicked on. When that tab cannot be clicked on, then you would go into the Standard Tab and run it from there. But in my case and it appears another that does not make a difference.

11. Michael Newbury

Still waiting on a reply from DTG they have not replied to initial ticket as of yet.

12. Michael Newbury

So after having no response from DTG I decided to uninstall and go through the reinstall procedure which takes several hours. Once completed. I subscribed to a workshop content and see what happens, sad to say this did not resolve the issue same problem occurs.

Now I do not know what to do.

13. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

How did you subscribe to the Workshop content - thru the Steam Client or thru the Game?
    How did you try to play the Workshop Content - thru the Workshop Tab in Drive or via Build?

Peter

14. Michael Newbury

I have tried both ways and no difference

DTG has finally contacted me and leave it with them

Last edited: Nov 12, 2019
  15. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

To look at this long-standing problem from the other side, I no longer make scenarios for TS because after many hours of work the Workshop always found some stupid excuse for not uploading my scenario.

16. Peter

Peter New Member

Hi,
    I had the same problem for several weeks with freezing and the a. m. error message when using the workshop tab. Two days ago I had an automatic update of the steamworks common redistributables and all of a sudden everything is fine again. It seems to be possible to force steam to update the common redistributables by deleting a certain registry entry:
    “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Valve\Steam\Apps\CommonRedist“ (Win 64-bit)

I have not tried this and of course it might be tricky to change registry entries. So be careful!

17. Michael Newbury

Actually Daniel got back to me today and had me delete a file which should resolve the issue, I have deleted the file but have not got a chance yet to see if things are good again. See what I have added below:

Workshop content is stored within your Steam library and will have a path something like the one below:

D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\workshop\content\24010

Please delete the 24010 folder itself as this will be where all Steam Workshop content for Train Simulator will be including any hidden temporary files.

18. Peter

Peter New Member

i have done this one week ago and it had no effect. Same with unsubscribing from all workshop-scenarios and all other propals we can read in the forums. Only not usimg the workshop tab and directly go via steam and the standard/carreer tab is a relevant advice. For me, after the steamworks update, everything is fine again. I suppose this is a hint that the problem is not caused by the workshop content itself.

19. Michael Newbury

Sorry to hear that I have not had a chance yet to see if it solves my problem, or if I am going to have more issues like you're experiencing.

20. Neumann Ludwig

Neumann Ludwig New Member

hello every bodym i have the same problem (error message : timedcheckforinstall: Has no UninstalledSyncedItems) i think since ts was updated to ts2020. in spite of all the actions i have done (clear the cache, delete the workshop folder, i have even re install my windows 10 and ts2020 !!!) the problem is still there, i think this a major bug, and dovetail MUST fix it.
    it happens for some of the routes and scenarios, but most of them now. This is not possible, i can nearly no play the scenarios from the workshop whereas i have all the assets and routes.
    Please, help us dovetail to solve this
    thanks

Last edited: Nov 15, 2019
  21. Michael Newbury

So after doing what Daniel asked me to do with deleting that file, I have subscribed to workshop content and so far everything is working fine. I am hoping that it can stay that.

22. Neumann Ludwig

hello i have tried what Michael Newbury said, but it doesn't works for me.. and dovetail have no solution, they don't have encountered the problem..

23. Neumann Ludwig

i write to this post because i am very angry, i have bought many of the dlc of ts, i played this game from years now, and with the news ts 2020 i have this error message what nothin can solve this.
    Dovetail MUST react, to solve this problem.
    i have found a post from the steam forum which says that the problem is due to ts2020 with the new scripts and maybe graphical effects... I don't know if this is exact but what i know is that i am a customer and i am really not happy. It's not correct.

24. Michael Newbury

I am sorry to hear that what worked for me did not work for you, I hope if you keep pressing DTG that can figure it out.

25. Cyclone

Cyclone Well-Known Member

Gravedigging here. This is still happening. Posted on an old Steam thread and was informed there are a lot of threads on this. Do we know if DTG has actually addressed this? I literally have a brand new game, three months in, haven't really even PLAYED much of it yet, but when I go through the workshop tab making sure everything I subscribed to (which I have all contents for) installed correctly, I get the same errors in Windows. I have not tried subscribing to items in the game itself, only through Steam, and all scenarios INSTALL to the workshop tab. The issue comes when I click on a workshop item. Whatever checks are being performed by doing that are causing the issue, and those checks I feel need to be halted. Some work fine, but some after I click freeze up the game, and closing the alert in Windows fixes the game. However, sometimes I get repetitive alerts and have to stop the game, and even exit Steam completely. I should not have to play this game with the Task Manager up to kill it if necessary.

26. rwaday

rwaday Well-Known Member

Do not run workshop through the workshop tab. Run it from standard, free roam quick drive or career tabs only. DTG does not and most likely will not have a fix for this. Use this workaround.

27. Cyclone

I was just experimenting in the game for the last ten minutes and it seems that it does work from there, and refreshed to see your reply after. I hope DTG will address this in 2021 edition and I will test it again then, but for now it seems using the main sections is the solution. Will workshop scenarios subscribed to eventually load into this area, or is a visit to the workshop tab still necessary for new subscriptions?

28. rwaday

rwaday Well-Known Member

Yes. If trouble deleting workshop simply unsubscribe through your Steam profile and use NameMyRoute to search for the content in the Routes folder and manually delete it there.

29. Cyclone

One thing I found weird is I found a train with no name, and some scenarios with no name. What's going on with those? I know I'm kinda changing the topic here now, but I found that strange once I found the scenarios working in the menu.

30. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

I think those are just some weird glitches that happen with Workshop scenarios, I know I have a few on my PC that are like that, but the scenerios run fine.

31. Cyclone

Interesting. I think I recognized one of the Arriva trains in that image, but I know I grabbed them in time, so yeah. I imagine it should run fine; It's just categorized under the wrong "train" apparently. LOL

32. Cyclone

Since this two year old post was dug up, I should note I have since posted a thread on Workshop corruption. The corruption I reported is caused by the game itself. Deleting Workshop files does not happen automatically, you have to uninstall them yourself after removing them from your subscriptions. This is why you can subscribe to something, let it install (or extract it yourself to prevent corruption), and then edit it. Seen Peppercorn's Class 43 Warship? Want to use it in place of a 42? You can edit something after unsubscribing and do it.