PlayStation Afb Query

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Northlander, May 23, 2020.

1. Northlander

Northlander Guest

Just a quick question regarding what happens with AFB and when you need to react to PZB speed changes...

Sometimes I get stuck in traction locks, sometimes I don't yet I feel like I'm doing it correctly, but I guess I must be missing something every now and then?

If you use the brake to slow, but leave throttle on I assume the power will cut and you have to throttle to 0 then back on??? You can leave AFB set?? Or do you also need to zero the AFB? I'm sure I've had a traction lock even when I've removed any throttle then applied the brakes, but when I've slowed and tried to apply power - nothing.

Any ideas?

2. 4-COR

4-COR Well-Known Member

Are you talking about the BR 143?

3. OnlyMe1909

OnlyMe1909 Well-Known Member

You can apply the brake and leave the AFB where you like.
    You'll have to reduce throttle to 0 and apply throttle again to gain speed after breaking. Only exception to this is the 143. In that one you don't have to throttle down as it had combined AFB/throttle control. You can just brake and after releasing the brake the 143 will automatically start gaining speed up towards the selected AFB speed.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. Northlander

Northlander Guest

I was running the 182, but as of today, I'm all good, finally found the flow and all is good. I think I might have been applying the throttle before the brakes had released, just because the game says "Brake Release/Running" I've found you can be too quick at reapplying the throttle and the system locks you out...it's trying to release the traction lock that catches me out