1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Afb Query

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Northlander, May 23, 2020.

1. Northlander

Northlander Active Member

Just a quick question regarding what happens with AFB and when you need to react to PZB speed changes...

Sometimes I get stuck in traction locks, sometimes I don't yet I feel like I'm doing it correctly, but I guess I must be missing something every now and then?

If you use the brake to slow, but leave throttle on I assume the power will cut and you have to throttle to 0 then back on??? You can leave AFB set?? Or do you also need to zero the AFB? I'm sure I've had a traction lock even when I've removed any throttle then applied the brakes, but when I've slowed and tried to apply power - nothing.

Any ideas?

2. 4-COR

4-COR Member

Are you talking about the BR 143?

3. bart_smets

bart_smets Member

You can apply the brake and leave the AFB where you like.
    You'll have to reduce throttle to 0 and apply throttle again to gain speed after breaking. Only exception to this is the 143. In that one you don't have to throttle down as it had combined AFB/throttle control. You can just brake and after releasing the brake the 143 will automatically start gaining speed up towards the selected AFB speed.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. Northlander

Northlander Active Member

I was running the 182, but as of today, I'm all good, finally found the flow and all is good. I think I might have been applying the throttle before the brakes had released, just because the game says "Brake Release/Running" I've found you can be too quick at reapplying the throttle and the system locks you out...it's trying to release the traction lock that catches me out