Cross City Line

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by djhawtin1, May 24, 2020.

1. djhawtin1

djhawtin1 Well-Known Member

I Think and the community think that the cross city line would be appreciated as the next british route in TSW with the introduction to the BR 323 and London Midland
    Please Add the branch line to Redditch. The midlands would be a perfect place for TSW.

• Like Like x 2
  2. BjornGroen02NL

BjornGroen02NL Well-Known Member

Does the community really think that? The community isn't 100% British after all. Many people haven't even heard of this stretch of rails before, including me. If you want to introduce your proposal to the international community, you might want to add some more content to it.

• Like Like x 5
  3. MetrolinkF125#916

MetrolinkF125#916 Well-Known Member

Yea, I agree, I’m more of an American person, and I love American trains. I know more about them (as well as Canadian trains, since they’re very similar to US trains) than for other countries. Of course, there are countries similar to America, which they have similar trains (Mexico, Canada, Brazil) or use locomotives built by American manufacturers. I’m not very familiar with British or German trains, I only know the basics. So not everyone would “absolutely love” that train to be brought to TSW if they don’t know what that train is, what it looks like, how it operates, etc., so it would be useful if you could provide us more information about it:)

• Like Like x 4
  4. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Speak for yourself. As for being the next route, I would hope that they would have nearly finished the next British route. Route suggestions from the forum that are accepted may take a couple of years before actually appearing in the game, or even longer if they get added to a long list of routes to be developed.

• Like Like x 5
  5. djhawtin1

The People I asked are British

• Like Like x 1
  6. fabdiva

fabdiva Well-Known Member

It could be good TSW fodder, frequent trains, lots of stops, banking operations with the 66? Funky GTO sounds on the 323

Could see a couple of issues. Who owns the WMR branding, is it the authority formally known as Centro or Abellio, or is it a mix of the two?
    With new Bombardier Aventras due very soon (first one has just been completed) would the licensors rather the new stock featured instead of the outgoing 323s?

• Like Like x 1
  7. djhawtin1

The WMR Brand Is Now Owned By Abelio Before it was Centro And The Trains I Personally Think Both :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. bananaleaderoceanic

bananaleaderoceanic New Member

Manchester to London :) mixture of north, midland and south but is extremely unlikely

• Like Like x 1
  9. JP_4468

JP_4468 Member

• Like Like x 1
  10. djhawtin1

It is possible but people also play TSW In The South

Last edited: May 29, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  11. bananaleaderoceanic

bananaleaderoceanic New Member

I know, like as I said. Extremely unlikely

• Like Like x 1
  12. Gilly

Gilly Well-Known Member

Do they? And here's me thinkingTSW was exclusively a 'Northern thing'!! :D

I wouldn't complain at any British route, and location of said route isn't of high importance personally. I'd rather it be interesting, iconic or unique in some way eg. Settle to Carlisle (the long drag), the Rivera line with its costal running or even a closed line such as the Woodhead route with its unique (for the UK) 1500v DC EM1's and 2's.

• Like Like x 1
  13. djhawtin1

No, But Is The West Somerset Railway a 'high' importance but there is lots of stops, Cargo Operations and Rare Traction so it is perfect

• Like Like x 1
  14. Gilly

Gilly Well-Known Member

So is that No they don't play it? I was being sarcastic (its a northern thing! Hence the exclamations and emoji) but you now seem to contradict your own post?

WSR is a great little route albeit limited in some respects ie speed limits, its location is of no consequence, it could just as easily be NYMR or the bluebell line and I wouldn't care. As you say its the mix of traction that's appealing to me personally.
    What Cargo operations are you referring too? On my WSR I'm limited to passenger services? Is this a PS4 vs PC thing? Does the PC version have freight?

• Like Like x 1
  15. djhawtin1

Sorry, in the West Midlands we take stuff very literally and the cargo operations I was referring to the cross city line

Last edited: May 29, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Gilly

Gilly Well-Known Member

Fair play, no apology needed.
    As BjornGroen02NL said in the very first reply to you, you may want to add some detail to your proposal. The community is nothing if not open to suggestions but in order for them to reply/discuss its best to provide a good summission in the first place for that to take place.
    Believe me, I find the route appealing but as a Northern Monkey I have little to no knowledge of anything south of Crewe and, as pointed out by the international brethren I suspect neither do they, so worth the time to detail it.
    There's plenty of good examples and they garner by far the best discussions and interest as folk see you've put the homework and effort in.
    Show us a decent proposal and we'll get behind it if it's got merit.
    Any chance you can show us the route or even an idea of what traction there is on it perhaps?

• Like Like x 1