June Sale

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cygnet0115, Jun 17, 2020.

1. cygnet0115

cygnet0115 Member

Can any members of the communty explain this please 2 different price lists and the one with no
    reductions you can use your wallet funds
    Thanks

Attached Files:

2. Average_Joe57

Average_Joe57 Active Member

Well the Steam Summer Sale starts on June 25th, the DTG June Sale is occurring now which is why the DLC is full price on Steam. Plus the Steam Wallet only works on Steam..

• Like Like x 2
  3. cygnet0115

cygnet0115 Member

Thanks for that.

4. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

DTG keep sending out emails to tell people something is on Sale but you get to the Store Page and it is Full Price :o
    I will await the Steam Sale if I buy anything

Peter

• Like Like x 1
  5. samsonbo

samsonbo Member

Steam Summer Sale *should* start next week....

6. hyperlord

hyperlord Well-Known Member

This reminds me ... I never received email from DTG although I signed up more than once

7. Plastic Pal

Plastic Pal Well-Known Member

Well... the Steam Summer sale is now on.... and I am trying to keep control of my wallet.....

I have ruled out buying the Class 89 (as it hasn't been completed/fixed yet), so that will have to wait. But I am eyeing up Western Lines of Scotland for £12.50 (previously on sale £9.99, but I now want it to as a source for Scenarios....). Plus the Class 20 is £3.59.......

I am thinking of buying the two cheaper Chinese routes (SW China and Chengdu at about £8 each) - does anyone have any views on these, and the associated EMU DLCs (380a, 2a and 380D....)...?

Also thinking of getting Corris (£4.49)- is it any good....? And, just for something even more "a bit different", I quite fancy the GWR Steam Railmotor (£7.19)..... has anyone enjoyed this....?

Question: Is there anything that you would recommend, for TS1 - that has caught your eye......?

NB: I have also spotted Tabletop Simulator for £7.50, and Portal & Portal 2 for about £2.50 (for the pair) - so that's a tenner I will certainly spend. I noticed that the Dirt 4/Dirt Rally/Dirt Rally 2 series are going for a song (£13 for the trio)... but I resisted, as I have them on console...

EDITED TO ADD: If you spend over £30, there is currently a further stacked (one time only) £5 discount applied.... so I decided to buy the GWR Steam RailMotor.. as a sort of bonus.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  8. hyperlord

hyperlord Well-Known Member

I just spent 150 EUR for TS1 DLC ... totally lost control ;-)

Steam gave me a great opportunity to almost get every German content (I didn't take those < 50%) + The Japanese route with the green train ... because it's my favourite colour!

• Like Like x 1
  9. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

I'm not in to Kettles so I improvised with the Railmotor ;)
    Screenshot_Riviera Line in the Fifties_50.51109--3.58743_12-04-28.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  10. Plastic Pal

The first thing I tried was the GWR RailMotor Power Bogie Test Rig - awesome fun.... and also quite unstable around sharp corners....

Basically you get two bits of unusual steam-related fun for the price of one - love it... ;-)

11. longo239

longo239 Well-Known Member

I bought most of the American Truck Simulator DLC's. Just didn't bother with the paint job packs.

Only train stuff so far is ECW for TSW and the Falmouth Branch Line for TS.

Just pacing myself for another week or so.

12. Plastic Pal

Yeah, I know what you mean. I try to limit myself to purchases that are at least 60% off.... I had to consciously decide to not buy the Class 313 and Class 315 EMUs...... because they are only "45% off" at the moment (and over £6 each....). The % "discount" is meaningless as the "nominal" price is completely arbitrary and ridiculously unrealistic (and increasing....), so a better rule (for me) is something like only buy routes that are well under £10 and only buy locos that are well under £5.

If a loco costs more than ten litres of milk, then it's over-priced. I would have made an exception for the Class 89 (about £10) - but since they haven't bothered to finish that loco off yet, that one will have to wait until it is at least 75% off.

I would be interested to know how you get on with the Wakayama route - I might be getting that soon, and maybe some Canadian and/or South African ones... I didn't quite get to £100 this time.... but I might be back in a few days.... as Hamburg S1 and Munich-Rosenheim are now on my radar... (but they both have very bad reviews on Steam....)

Last edited: Jun 27, 2020
  13. michael hooley

michael hooley Well-Known Member

Did I read it right that if you spend more that £30 you get a £5 deduction?, worth considering.

14. Plastic Pal

Yes - one time only though. So if you intend to spend just over £30, then that is another 16% reduction (stacked).... :)

15. JJTimothy

JJTimothy Well-Known Member

Do you have to spend the £30 all in one go?

16. Plastic Pal

Yep. (I think so.... although they are also giving out "Road Trip" credits for the next few weeks, whatever that means....).

17. Cyclone

Cyclone Well-Known Member

It's a discount on your purchase of a certain amount or higher. You get it once. $6 back on $35 in my case.

18. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

I would look at some videos on Youtube of the South African routes before wasting, sorry, spending your money
    Hamburg S1 is ok but very much the one type of train
    Munich - Rosenheim is ok but I don't run it much

Peter

19. Plastic Pal

Thanks. You have summed up my hesitation with KwaZulu, etc.... Same issue with the Canadian routes. So, maybe Rosenheim.... eventually.... Might be good for a merge. My wallet needs a cool-down period first..... ;-)

20. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

I.... am.... resisting.... :|:mad:

• Like Like x 1
  21. dunkrez

dunkrez Well-Known Member

It's too late for me, I just added 7 more items to the collection.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

I've honestly haven't bought much, only the Munich Augsburg for a Workshop route and the GG1 Silver Livery. I pretty much own most of what I want (Which is primaly NA and JP DLC's.) Actually purchased Trainz 19 plus a few DLC bundles, since its extremely Cheap ATM.

Might go back and buy a few more things off my Wishlist (Like the M2 EMU, U34CH, and Granger Heatland Scenerio Pack)

23. Marc von Hoffrichter

Marc von Hoffrichter Member

Sigh...just bought the Class 89. Played the three scenarios.
    About as exciting as a trip to the dentist, just as painful too.
    Needs a serious sound overhaul, very poor IMO.

24. Plastic Pal

Thanks for this. Yeah - the Class 89 looks like a complete waste of cash, until they can be bothered to fix it (the sound - the model looks fabulous). DTG could just leave it incomplete and broken, but that will mean fewer sales - I won't be buying it unless I see it under £3, and I am someone that really reallly wants it.

If you buy broken locos like this, at or near the "originally marketed" price, then it will just encourage them to release more stuff in an incomplete and viciously broken state.

That said, the Class 89 might be a good purchase if you have severe hearing difficulties, or if the sound on your TV, audio equipment or headphones is completely broken or missing vital sound production components, such as speakers.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2020
  25. longo239

MY general rule of thumb before buying is that it has to be 70% off and equal to or lower than the lowest price on SteamDb for TS1. 40% off and equal to or lower than the lowest price on SteamDb for TSW.

Unless there's something I really must have, then I will make an exception.

26. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

So you have two choices
    [1] Wait for DTG to fix the sounds :D :D :D
    [2] Download a Sound Patch - but that uses sounds from two AP locos - so I don't see that happening either

27. Plastic Pal

Nah, the two choices for me are:

[1] Wait for DTG to fix the sounds
    [2] Wait for the price to drop below £3, which would be a bearable price for a beautiful, but defectively flawed loco

Either way, I am happy to wait.

• Like Like x 1
  28. Cyclone

Cyclone Well-Known Member

Sounds of locos are a common complaint. Unfortunately, the people producing the content have taken care to point out that it's only a simulation and not to expect good sounds. I do agree, if the work isn't going to go into it, there's no reason to spend $22 on it. I have only bought locos under $10, and mostly snapped up the ones under $5 that I find used in workshop scenarios. Only if I have a lot of potential use for a loco will I pick it up. The third-party Voyager Advanced was a rare exception because I plan to grab Western Mainlines (and that means the 153 is important, as well, though I have to consider getting it with the Totham route on their site as well, undecided there).

This doesn't mean they should make an effort to go back and use locos from 2015 to try to garner more sales for a poorly performing loco; this will simply cause poor sales on the new pack using it, or get people to substitute a loco they like in the pack's scenarios if they are willing to spend the $10 on it. Instead, push the popular ones by using them more and get even more sales on a better product and more sales on the scenario pack because people already have the loco.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2020
  29. dunkrez

It'll be difficult to get the actual sounds for this loco right now, but eventually she will be restored then AP or someone else as enterprising will get onto sorting the real sounds for it at the earliest possible convenience. If 89001 was still at Barrow Hill, I'd have an ask around there myself and see if I could kick something off.

https://www.aclocogroup.co.uk/index.php/latest-news/105-89001-moved-to-toton

• Like Like x 1
  30. Plastic Pal

What would be good is if DTG could donate £5 for every Class 89 sold, to add to the £1 million or so raised so far to fix the traction systems.... and then promise to upgrade the sound when they have the real 89 running. I would then pay £20 for the loco, right now.

31. dunkrez

That would indeed be quite philanthropic, and be a step in the right direction with regards to corporate social responsibility for DTG. Train fans everywhere would likely appreciate such a gesture - may even garner some positive PR.

What would I know though? I'm just some dude on a forum :)

• Like Like x 1
  32. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

"I'm not buying this because the sounds are wrong" or "I'm buying this because the Sounds are wrong but it's cheap"

Something I purchased when it came out was the TGV Reseau and it has a load of faults. (December 2018)
    https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/ts19-réseau-renaissance.14205/
    An obvious visual one to me is the Pantograph is too high stretching thru the wires.
    DTG have been told about the faults by many people not just on this forum
    And they said a Fix was coming
    https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/ts19-réseau-renaissance.14205/#post-70321 (18 March 2019)
    So a year and 3 months later there is no fix

If you think DTG will record some new sounds for the loco you are very deluded

33. Plastic Pal

They don't have to record new sounds for the Class 89. That would be nice, but it isn't absolutely necessary. They could just patch in something from the library. Anything close is better than dead/monotone air (within reason).

But I am also prepared to wait for the defective Class 89 to reduce in price to under £3. I am similarly prepared to wait for the TGV double-pack to reduce in price to unde £3, but I would probably buy it for a bit more if they fixed the pantograph.

If DTG want to attract sales at premium prices, then their goods must be functional. But if they are happy to just take £3 a couple of years later (after paying Steam for their take), then that is also fine.

34. Marc von Hoffrichter

Hahaha, funny you should say hearing difficulties. Nearly total deafness and debilitating tinitus in left ear due to gunfire and explosives (detonation). I have a pair of very expensive headphones to try and compensate for my inadequacies and really does work. Unfortunately this now not only gives me the ability to be capable of hearing a fly fart the national anthem, but also to hear the terrible and annoyingly short sound loop of what can only be described as the sound of my wife and her vacuum cleaner (as I hear it).

I bought the 89 because it's one of the only dlc I don't have from the UK collection, plus a couple of the extraordinarily expensive routes which I want but not giving into at only 20% off.

As Peter said, I'm not holding my breath on any rehabilitated sound track for it. So one day AP may come to the rescue and cobble something together for us. Meh.

Oh...btw. I notice that the BR Class 20 is on sale. Read the blurb, states 'now available on Train Simulator'....not changed since its release in 2014. Where's my time machine Mr Peabody?

EDIT: Oh, another thing I noted about the Class 89 sound track was that the internal (cab) and external sounds are exactly the same. THAT is very poor indeed.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  35. Marc von Hoffrichter

I folded. I am weak. Bought the East Midlands Coal Bundle. Already had all the locos, so bought the route only in the bundle and got 36% off.
    Works for me and gives me something new to pace myself with. Being retired and severely restricted has it's advantages I suppose.

Well....that's my story anyhoo.

• Like Like x 1
  36. longo239

I'd be interested in your thoughts on this one. It's really local to me but a couple of reviews I saw haven't been to complimentary.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  37. Marc von Hoffrichter

Well. So far I have played the first scenario with dual Class 20, Warsop Sidings - Mansfield Concentraion Sidings.
    Straight out of the box I got a Tracks.bin file error. However, you can F2 past this and play the scenario.
    However, I saved the game, exited, went back in and started the same scenario and got a 200 point operational error...????
    Gave up on that one for the moment
    I moved onto the second scenario Ollerton Colliery - Sherwood Colliery. Single Class 31. Scenario begins facing a signal at red. No tab, no LOVE-tab either. Apparently just SPAD and carry on>
    Unsure what you would like to know with regard to it tho.
    Going to reinstall the dlc and see if it corrects the issues so far.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  38. Plastic Pal

This one is certainly on my list of must haves... at the right price (preferably under a tenner)..... but like longo239, I would be interested to hear your views on it......

Considering getting Woodhead in Blue - just for the 506.... at £9. Dunno..... having too much fun with the GWR Steam RailMotor Test Rig Bogie... I have decided to take it on a World Tour, as a technology demonstrator, and get a few snaps with cathedrals in the background, etc.

• Like Like x 1
  39. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

You could have that today, for free, but as it means having some AP locos installed I don't see you downloading it.

40. dunkrez

The AP sound patch really helps the model. I've been looking for and collecting 89001 cab interior pictures: If anyone knows where I can find some, please let me know... Peter, I'm guessing you might have some somewhere?

41. Plastic Pal

I have looked into your crystal balls.... And I see a possible future where I might buy the AP Class 37..... but your balls darken and go cold..... when I ask them about "free" sounds for the Class 89....

I tried to warm up your balls by gently rubbing them with my palms..... but it all got a bit too sweaty.... so I decided to switch to Tarot.... and then I saw Cultist Simulator on Steam.... and the spirits of the future got scared and disappeared....

Maybe DTG could download a few AP locos, find out what sound they used.... and then look in their library for a similar (but different) sound... and include that with the Class 89, so that I can then purchase it as a complete and functioning product.....?

Last edited: Jun 29, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  42. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

I think DTG have heard of the Copyright law
    But you think you should have them break that law so you train sounds a bit better - talk about deluded :D

Anyway go back to your DTG World where all your products are DTG and things such as Third Party :o (Such horrors) don't exist

43. longo239

I caved and bought it. First scenario was fine. Second scenario will only display in 2 colours, black and white. No shades of grey just black and white.

No idea what the issue could be. Decided on a full install of the whole of TS again because I've been tinkering with other stuff.

If that doesn't resolve it, I'll post a screenshot for help.

• Like Like x 1
  44. Plastic Pal

Oh. I didn't suggest anything about anyone breaking any laws. In fact, I would like DTG to be more compliant with the law....... I wasn't suggesting that DTG should rip off anyone else's sounds. in fact, I was suggesting that they use something that they already own that is closer to the likely reality than nothing at all. You even quoted the part of my post where I made that clear.....!

I think that we have different understandings of the word "deluded". Maybe we should add "irony" to the list.....? ;-)

Okay..... Here's the deal: I'd like DTG to produce complete products, not partial products that rely on someone else providing key parts after the initial purchase, like the partially completed Class 89. I understand DTG can't get the actual sound yet, from a one-off loco that nearly went for scrap and doesn't quite yet have a completely working powered bogie. Maybe they will never get a sound. But they do have some similar sounds. It is not complicated. I'd just like them to try.

Not all of my purchases are from "DTG World". How the heck do you know what I own? I happen to have some stuff from other makers - so you are just wrong. It's almost as if you have managed to deceive yourself with a completely false and unsubstantiated belief..... whatever the word for that is. Del... Delu...something....?

I have no problem with AP generally. As I said, I might buy their Class 37. £25 for a loco is a bit steep, and I might be tempted if I see it for a bit less. But I also note that AP stuff isn't generally compatible with a gamepad, and that could be a deal-breaker...even if their stuff was completely free. I don't use a keyboard, because I only have four fingers (two on each hand). I could show them all to you if you like, if you don't believe me.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2020
  45. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

I will just go for a run with the 89 and it's revamped sounds - when I decide which one :)
    Screenshot_1 - Test TraK_51.11621-6.22403_12-00-29.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  46. dunkrez

The AP 37 was the first 3rd party item I bought, and now I have everything produced by them. It's a slippery slope :) opens your eyes to just what's possible with the old TS engine as well.

• Like Like x 1
  47. dunkrez

Do you have any 89001 cab photographs Peter?

48. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

I don't have photos of the real 89 cab - even though I went thru it at Barrow Hill once

49. dunkrez

I'll keep on trawling then.

50. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2