Train Sim World 2 Sand Patch Grade Questions

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by DTG Protagonist, Jul 2, 2020.

1. raildan

raildan Well-Known Member

You do realize there's absolutely no development effort in allowing people to do this, right? The actual work is putting in a filter to keep people from putting trains on the wrong routes. All they've added is away to toggle those checks, and toggle the electric traction checks (which, again, appear to exist normally as referenced in the Q&A). This doesn't really take much away from working on other features and bugfixes. Which I agree they should be doing more of, but I still think it's way too harsh to criticize this.

• Like Like x 6
  2. Scorpion71

Scorpion71 Well-Known Member

Development time or not, it's just too gimmicky for me, sure, put that feature in quick drive if and only if a proper scenario creator was available and not just a glorified quick drive. But hey ho, each to their own.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  3. longo239

longo239 Well-Known Member

A scenario is more than driving from a to b. So calling it a scenario editor is a bit thin.

As for TSW being the follow on from TS as the future of train simulation, it's becoming more like Mario kart with trains!

• Like Like x 10
  4. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

I'm not usually the one defending DTG, but jeez, you can have it TURNED OFF! If you hate the arcade look of it, don't use it, nobody forces you. I agree the scenario planner needs some more depth, but even I am fine with them doing this little change because that one barely took any time at all and added something to the game. And it shows they're even REACTING to feedback, they added this retroactively after telling us it won't be a thing. That means that maybe... MAYBE we can push for some other changes and actually see them done. It's a start, hopefully not a finish as well.

• Like Like x 6
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. Scorpion71

Scorpion71 Well-Known Member

Yeah, as long as it barely takes any time to add to the game as you put it.

6. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

It's in already - that's where the screenshots came from.

7. lucas_5_5

lucas_5_5 Well-Known Member

Wow... Sure about you cant place ai consists? Or you talking about static consists?

• Like Like x 1
  8. bobsr

bobsr Member

Using the Hump in CSX Heavy Haul.

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  9. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Actually impressive, how well that works with the game not being "prepared" for it. But I guess for a proper scenario to be made out of it you would need a couple of tweaks to it as it's normally a three people job. You would probably have to put some parts of the train already into the bowl so you have something to catch the cars and you'd probably need more "car groups" in the consist to give people time for switches.
    I don't know how fast those can be changed with a controller, that has to be a hustle combined with all the uncoupling. The AC4400W is ideal for the job as you can set a slow speed cruise on it and forget about it for a while. But very cool nonetheless.

10. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

A hump yard needs more than a hump to function. If it’s not a hump yard anymore then it can’t be used as a hump yard. Has any train simulator successfully simulated a hump yard with all the bespoke features that entails? That video is pretty good though.

11. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

I rather respect what other people like to do. Probably this was a fairly small change that makes many people happy. On the other hand I fully agree with you that a scenario planner that only allows you to drive from A to B (and add AI) is not very interesting. If it is just that, further development on the scenario planner should have a very high priority.
    I am looking forward to the Q&A on the scenario planner, until then I think there are too many negative comments.

Still, we heard some good news: I think this adhesion may make driving more interesting. We get a nice set of new services for Sandpatch, which is nice and I love the idea that we get a train report, so we know what we will be driving.

Making Sandpatch available on consoles is also good news. Sandpatch is a good route and has a lot of features the other routes do not have. Not for me personally, but we may realize that a lot of people cannot afford an expensive Game PC. So if that attracts more customers, this may increase budget for developing the game further and I think, given all our wishes, that is important.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

Yeah, I know this video. It's brilliant. I tried briefly but getting it to work in practice is not straight forward (that's why this video is brilliant). Well, we can't have it all but if we don't ask nothing happens. We will see what we can do in TSW2.

13. Lenwigg

Lenwigg Well-Known Member

Hi, Thanks for the reply, that's good to hear

14. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

hump yard very good video

• Like Like x 1
  15. Plastic Pal

Plastic Pal Well-Known Member

Here's a positive view about the Scenario Planner..... you can use any rolling stock on any route, even if it is only from A to B.

That is a major change from TSW. It's like QuickDrive in TS1 - and it is a very welcome development. I am assuming that all future rolling stock will be able to run on all future routes (the absence of this was a major flaw with TSW).

NB:
    I would still prefer it if the TSW locos could be made interoperable on the TSW routes (and interoperable on the TSW2 routes).

Last edited: Jul 4, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
  16. twistedhumor40

twistedhumor40 New Member

Is there going to be an upgrade to the lighting of the headlights and ditchlights? Looking directly facing the engine, you can barely tell there’s a light on other than the light on the ground. It would be nice to see a headlight in the distance before seeing the engine itself as it’s coming toward you.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

Since it is Friday and Matt is streaming something else, I guess there has been a change of plans.
    Can you share with us what is the new expected date?

Thanks.

18. longo239

longo239 Well-Known Member

That was last week. Nothing been announced for anything further yet.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  19. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

I had just seen it. I have the "notify me" option active for the Dovetail Games Twitch channel but somehow I didn't get notified or I didn't see it.

I will watch it now. Thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Nathan Kemp

Nathan Kemp Active Member

Scenerio Planner

Will I able to take a loco from the Tees Valley Line and use it on the GWR?

21. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

Yep.

22. redjury

redjury New Member

U876-A Coal Cumberland to Shaw Mines - Train Sim World 2

I am 5.4 miles south of Hyndman, traveling North, and currently stopped at a Red signal light. When I "tab" to contact the signaller, I receive the message "Denied. Your train appears to be off path." I verified the track path from Cumberland Station with no errors. Is this a "glitch" of some kind?

• Like Like x 1
  23. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

Did you reload a save?

24. Kim1087

Kim1087 Well-Known Member

this is the service where a pair of locos is blocking your path and sitting on the first marker. I believe that you coupled to them and kept on driving towards Hyndman.

What you need to do is drive up to the locos and drive over the marker. you will need to uncouple from the locos that where sitting in your way and revers back just past the junction, as you do this the pair of locos will start driving forwards and move out of your way leaving your path clear to Shaw Mines

25. mattroe1230

mattroe1230 New Member

I need help with train sim world 2

26. LucasLCC

LucasLCC Well-Known Member

You'll be more likely to get help if you let us know what you're stuck on!

27. graham.haddon

graham.haddon Well-Known Member

Dynamic brakes fix ETA? Not working at all on the GP38. Thanks.

28. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

There’s no point posting here, this is an old thread that has been inexplicably resurrected.

• Like Like x 1
  29. mancunian#7861

mancunian#7861 Active Member

Oh I'm *SO* pleased to find this topic and that DTG Protagonist is still monitoring the questions. Excellent because I have a couple. :)

Firstly I've been playing the SPG scenarios in order and thanks to your excellent job of getting the coal loading bug fixed, I was able to complete the tutorial but that said, I played U876-A Coal - Cumberland to Shaw Mine and despite a blip of my own doing, was able to complete it earlier after not stopping a 'checkpoints' but driving through them successfully. I didn't know you could do that until earlier either having seen someone do it on YouTube. Anyway the point of this is the next scenario is U876-B - Coal - Loading at Shaw Mine. This is where I start pulling out my hair again! :( For some reason I can't fathom, my loco, AC4400CW, simply won't budge! I released all the brakes, turned lights on the front even though I'm sure that's only decorative/non essential, turned on banking radio etc etc, taken my time waiting for it to go on 2, 3, 4 etc throttle, even trying sand on front axles but no joy and sadly nothing on YouTube or the manuals helps either. :( Oh and yes, I set slow speed 2mph as well despite having nearly 400 yards to travel and that doesn't work either. PLEASE can you help with this?!?

One last query please not connected specifically to SPG - I've seen YouTube videos of people playing and they show 2 screens that I simply don't know how to get to with TSW2, although those playing TSW seem to have a much better menu from the main menu making this easy to find! I'm talking about the screen which shows Service Collection - Choose from available services plus the screen that shows Choose Journey. Please where are they and how do I find them from the main menu? I'm on a PC using Steam, if that helps? Same with the loading a save game etc screen. I can get to it by selecting SPG (or the others) waiting for them to load then escaping, going back to the main menu and I can then find the continue game/load saved game etc screen but not directly from the main menu without going through all that palava. Why you make it so hard to find from the main menu I've no idea. Can that be fixed at some point please?

Thank you kindly if you can help. Nick. :love:

30. OsamaBinLiftin

OsamaBinLiftin Active Member

For the first part, make sure PCS isn't open and that the generator field is on, a lot of people seem to forget those. For the second part, go to game settings and make sure the 'auto-load journeys' is turned off. That should let you see the menu you want everytime you click on a route.

• Like Like x 1
  31. mancunian#7861

I love your username btw. :D Thank you. I finally managed to complete it simply by not stopping at the 'checkpoint' (ie go via) and I've now turned off auto-load journeys. I've not yet seen either of the screens I had in mind and mentioned in my post but I'll have a bit of an explore later and have a dig around but thank you.

• Like Like x 1
  32. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

The screens you are talkng about are hiding behind the "Explore" mutton in the main menu

• Like Like x 2
  33. mancunian#7861

Ah! I wondered if they might be. Thanks, Bill. Appreciate that.
    Incidently, I'm also grateful for the snack. I :love: mutton! :D

34. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

I control all my electronic devices with meat. ;)

35. mancunian#7861

As the legendary Eric Morecambe might have said ... there's no answer to that! :D

• Like Like x 1